Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

remusclaw posted:

He was the least interesting member of the British Invasion in TNA.

Ok, I know we don't like Magnus but putting him below Rob Terry is just mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta assume everyone just agreed that if anyone could get a passable match out of Amell it would be Christopher Daniels.

And Daniels probably reveled in the challenge and didn't for one second feel embarrassed by it.

In conclusion I miss Curry Man.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

cams posted:

when i was first paying attention to indie wrestling like 15 years ago, wrestlers referred to christopher daniels as "old man daniels"

Like, I remember hearing about Christopher Daniels being the indy standout veteran back when WCW was still around. I was jacked to finally see him on the first ROH show and when he showed up on TNA weekly PPVs. It was like him, Reckless Youth, and Mike Modest or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tweak posted:

dummy amell fell for it

God drat, Diaz!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

surf rock posted:

I'm guessing this show will need to be carried by its main events to deliver on the hype.

I don't know who Jerry Lynn is, though, so that element of the match was lost on me.

edit: OK, I'm excited about this women's match though, I didn't think New Japan or ROH really did women's wrestling

Maybe I'm just an old fart but I feel like if you're watching an indy show and don't know who Jerry Lynn is you're just making the wrong decision.

But I'm probably just old. When did he retire? Like 5 years ago? And his Mickey Rourke ROH run would have been like 2 more years before. So he wasn't really a thing for like a decade back to the early years of the X Division?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

Jerry Lynn is the reason people liked Rob van Dam and thought he could work. He's a miracle worker.

Pshh. He made people think Justin Credible could work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

Again, in TNA that was the gimmick, and I think she's parlayed it into a Foley thing where she has multiple personalities/personas once the Hardys scared Anthem into letting TNA wrestlers use their gimmicks anywhere.

Yeah, from what I've seen she's got a basic fan favorite Chelsea Green generic character that snaps into the crazed bride Laurel Van Ness thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

OK, Aldis does literally one thing well. He does a decent flying elbow drop

Which, I recall, was the main thing he did in tag matches with Joe.

I think it was his main contribution with Williams too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

Unsurprisingly, Doug Williams and Samoa Joe are both good wrestlers and know to tell the big lug to stand in the corner while they do the work.

He briefly had a good team with Desmond Wolfe/Nigel McGuinness too. Hell, even the Bram team was ok.

Magnus just should never get a solo push. He's TNA Billy Gunn.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really get Joey Janela.

I mean, I think I sorta do and its one of those things where I just don't enjoy it and I keep looking for a nuance I'm missing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

surf rock posted:

Is this a comedy match or not?

I feel like I ask myself that during most Janela matches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

surf rock posted:

What are some of the best Jay Lethal matches? I might look into him more.

edit: more EVERYBODY'S PALS poo poo

Lethal vs Joe early in his career in ROH. He had a good X Division run but nothing that stands out to me. You should check out the Flair stuff. He had a good tag team win Xavier Woods/Consequences Creed (Lethal Consequences) but again, nothing that jumps to mind in terms of specific matches. I'm not super familiar with his ROH World Title run but I'd probably look for Jay Briscoe stuff.

Basically he's good so do a search for him and if you're interested in the guy he's against its probably gonna be pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who was that 12 year old boy Bully Ray was trying to murder?

And does Billy Gunn really have a kid who wrestles? Because I'm not entirely convinced that wasn't a tiny clone.

• Locked thread