Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
so is pac in the battle royal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I'm All In and can't wait! I'll be at the show in Section 205 (live)

Please cheer Okada as you are in his favourite section.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Is there any way to watch the battle Royale on the internet if you don't have wgn?

Actually curious about this for those of us not in the US. I'm watching the PPV on HonorClub (mostly because it'll probably be like 2 weeks before it's on New Japan World), will the pre-show be on the streams too?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

BOOK FLIP :saddowns:

no :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Marty Scurll is going to beat Okada because he can mix it with the heavyweights :colbert:

Yes, he can. But those are men. Not gods. He is going to lose.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

making GBS threads up the NXT thread

More specifically, being told to NOT poo poo up the NXT thread for at least 6 months by a mod and then doing it like 3 weeks later.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

just came in here to post about this cause i think this is the case. i was willing to pay $25 to watch this live, but i'm not paying 40 when i could watch the vod right after on my njpw world sub i already pay for

welp see yall after the show i guess

If you want to watch it live, you can pay like $30 by buying a month of ROH and then the PPV.

They've also been cagey about when it's going up on World, so I assume that means it'll be up right before the Long Beach show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

Ready for all of the ~~~five-star matches~~~.

Seriously though, I hope the show is good and that it turns my opinion around on the Bucks/Omega/Okada/Rhodes clique. They seem like fine people, but I just haven't been able to get into their matches at all.

If you've watched more than one of Okada's big singles matches and don't get it, i don't know what to tell you. He's literally one of the most versatile dudes in wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ya, otherwise just click the big ol' link that says ALL IN on the website, or 'view all' in the PPVs option on the app.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fauxhawk Express posted:

yeah, it reminds me of the set when PRIDE ran shows in Vegas

Who's the other guy on commentary w/Cyrus?

Not able to see the pre-show, but I assume it's Ian Riccaboni, the ROH pbp announcer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, if you didn't pick the VIP option for HonorClub you need to buy the PPV.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey guys will an archive of this be on NJPWW? It's streaming live there isn't it?

Not live, but it will be on New Japan World as a VOD at some point, yes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

cody will not be playing heel in front of this crowd, right?

If those NWA videos are anything to go by, the story for his match is he's trying to win the title as a way to prove himself to Dusty's memory, so I very much doubt it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Who is this "son of Billy Gunn" guy?

Billy's son. :geno:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

Who's Flip Gordon? He seems pretty over.

A flippy boi that thinks the earth is flat and is super over with people who can't love Will Ospreay (because he's British) or Ricochet (because he's black)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

I really hate it when celebrities have competitive matches with actual wrestlers

Daniels has wrestled for 25 years, what sense does it make to sell for someone with three matches

Daniels seems perfectly happy to have comedy matches when doing singles now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I gotta assume everyone just agreed that if anyone could get a passable match out of Amell it would be Christopher Daniels.

And Daniels probably reveled in the challenge and didn't for one second feel embarrassed by it.

I saw Daniels wrestle 2 weeks ago in a singlet with Venom logos all over it. Dude probably jumped at the chance to fight Green Arrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

when i was first paying attention to indie wrestling like 15 years ago, wrestlers referred to christopher daniels as "old man daniels"

Daniels is one of the few guys still active who worked for ECW, WCW, WWE, ROH , New Japan and TNA.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

ROH stream has been super solid for me but the site is so bad I'm never gonna buy another event from them again.

This is not a major threat because this is the first PPV I've bought in like 16 years.

This is fair. Anyone who complains about NJPW World has never used ROH's site.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This is ending with Lynn hitting the GSP isn't it?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's goddamn amazing that Daniels can still hit the BME and overshoot his target when he's fuckin' 50 years old. (no shade meant, it's athletically astounding that he can do something so demanding)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

I'm guessing this show will need to be carried by its main events to deliver on the hype.

I don't know who Jerry Lynn is, though, so that element of the match was lost on me.

Lynn's an old school ECW guy, and got his start having great matches in the early 90s with Sean Waltman on the indies

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I honestly thought Daniels would push Lynn too far, Jerry would hit the cradle/Gotch piledriver and Amell would cover for the win.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

Jesus Christ what is Chelsea Green's gimmick?

She's... a jilted bride? Zombie?

I don't know what the hell

fake edit: Blanchard really needs better entrance music (this is like Stephanie's theme) but I remember her being good in last year's Mae Young Classic

Jilted/crazy bride. More accurately, that was her gimmick in TNA which is where she got noticed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

Wait holy gently caress is Kate Nash there?

HYPE

Nah, she was making a joke about Britt Baker coming out in a lab coat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Basically she got stood up at the altar or something like that and that sort of broke her mind, if I recall the story correctly.

Again, in TNA that was the gimmick, and I think she's parlayed it into a Foley thing where she has multiple personalities/personas once the Hardys scared Anthem into letting TNA wrestlers use their gimmicks anywhere.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I recall some indie booking Chelsea Green vs Laurel van Ness. (:ssh:They're the same woman:ssh:)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Only just noticed that Don had to go take a leak during this match. Honestly, Tenille's been pretty good.

Also odd but cool to see the TGI's logo on the ring skirt. Like, that weirdly adds to the big time feel, because it's a legit brand to have sponsoring something like this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Isn't this an elimination match?

Nope, they brought it up at the start, it's one fall.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

That was unpretty Unprettier, yikes!

Like, at least watch a Juice Robinson match, lady.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Was Stephen Amell any good? I remember him being pretty good at SummerSlam and he seems like a pretty good human being so I hope so.

A lot of smoke and mirrors and he got gassed pretty quick, but Daniels is a pro and walked him through a fun match that made him look good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Was it Tessa who has/had an absolutely awful reputation for being a dickhead backstage or is it another similarly named 2nd generation woman wrestler that I'm thinking of

No it's Tessa. I used to mix her up with Rachel Ellering/Evers, too though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

Who’s announcing with Excalibur?

Ian Riccabonni, he's the ROH play-by-play guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tweak posted:

this isnt the final match??

Golden Elite vs Rey y Amigos is the main.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

So who's Chico and Fat rear end Masa?

Chico is Rocky Romero in a mask, I believe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Are y'all talking about Cody's theme or something else?

They had a video package for the NWA title match set to a song by the same band that does Cody's music.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CarlCX posted:

How is Jeff Jarrett always there, somehow, at the center of all things
IT'S MAH WORLD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kkn0RuQns

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

nah the video package had a seriously cheesy piece of poo poo song

cody's song is p deece

I do really like the lead-in to the chorus of Cody's song: #My father told me/when I was younger/Hard times breed better men#

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

for real though it was smart not to have this go on last, cody rhodes and nick aldis are not the people selling tickets.

all in smarter than roh

Eh, Cody sold a good chunk of the tickets. Don't underestimate how big a draw he's made himself.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Demtor posted:

I love the addition of the conermen.

It's a very JCP/Starrcade presentation which is neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
oh for gently caress's sake, I know BTE is a web thing, but lay off the trending stuff guys.

• Locked thread