Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’m still at the arena... anybody that loved this but complains about 4 hour WWE PPVs, I don’t know. I’m burned out after 5 hours. They could have cut out 2 hours and just had a really solid show. I could tell people around me were just getting burned out near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Demtor posted:

Really? Because judging from the crowd reactions, it sure didn't sound like it.

I base this on the amount of people looking at their phones instead of looking at the matches. There were times where the crowd was kind of dead and I look around and all cell phones.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did nobody catch them spelling Flip Gordon's name wrong on the match up graphic?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

John Dudebro posted:

Being in the building for Cody/aldis was loving unreal, i think that was the loudest the crowd was all night. Also fuckin glacier was in Cody's entourage so I choose to believe the superkick he did was actually a Cryonic Kick

Yeah. The crowd just came unhinged for Cody, one of the biggest pops I've ever heard.

Rarity posted:

Just caught up with the main and enjoyed it as a quick fun spotfest. At the end of the day I think for all the criticisms about timings and tech issues and such you have to step back and acknowledge the sheer achievement of these guys managing to pull off a legitimate big show with all the extravagance that implies despite having zero experience. It's a really promising sign for the state of wrestling and hopefully they do it again even better in a year or two's time.

Yes, as much as I have been critical of the show, it was a huge achievement for everyone involved and a first big show from this group. I walked into the arena, and the place looked loving BETTER than a WWE PPV presentation wise, IMO.

I just hope that they are able to look at things objectively in the end. I am really curious what people like Dave and Bryan say about the show when they break down every single match. Having actually made money off the weekend with his Starrcast stuff, are we going to get a glowing review of the entire show? Bryan already said that it was the most memorable show he has ever been to, whatever that means. Like, I can't imagine Dave and Bryan breaking the show down match by match and being as picky as they do for WWE matches. Like, will it even come up that Cody was laying outside the ring for a whole 5 minutes while Aldis just stood there?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there any reason why they call the NWA title the "Worlds Heavyweight Championship"?

Just curious... the extra S seems like a typo

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The crowd was very happy with and entertained by the match.

Or is the crowd not important because they don't like what you like?

A ton of those fans traveled to see the show and are going to love everything they see. And it’s fine to cater towards those fans.

But even around where I was sitting, people were quite vocal about Cody taking all that time to get some color and just kill the momentum of the match.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So the biggest indie wrestling show gets about as many viewers as a bad episode of Impact and better than Lucha Underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

Despite having WGN on cable TV it was like 10x easier to just find a stream than it was to look through 100 something channels.

I literally tried to set a recording earlier in the week and it wasn't there. Didn't show up until close to airing.

• Locked thread