Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Shaocaholica posted:

Apparently people hate the GSP but I can understand why its attractive because shipping overseas yourself sucks.

Having used both, it is an easier process for everyone involved. The only issue with it is between the UK and US. For whatever reason, the costs there are sometimes drat near double.

But the GSP gives both the buyer and seller a level of protection you wouldn't otherwise have, because Ebay takes responsibility for everything once the package hits postage.

That buyer has been prickly with me from the start, which I do not appreciate. I am Mr. Customer Service, past what I've ever seen from other shops. If the person is getting pissy with me over simple questions, I'd rather not sell to them.

Of course, the item I was talking about has bids now. From someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Dankpods really hates GSP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ntO9rmDzw

As a savvy seller you could advertise you package stuff extra padded and easy for inspection so the GSP doesn't rape the goods.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 9, 2021

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Yeah if they're pissy now about little minor poo poo, there's nowhere to go but down. Some people are weird.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Having used both, it is an easier process for everyone involved. The only issue with it is between the UK and US. For whatever reason, the costs there are sometimes drat near double.

But the GSP gives both the buyer and seller a level of protection you wouldn't otherwise have, because Ebay takes responsibility for everything once the package hits postage.

That buyer has been prickly with me from the start, which I do not appreciate. I am Mr. Customer Service, past what I've ever seen from other shops. If the person is getting pissy with me over simple questions, I'd rather not sell to them.

Unless this guy is some big wheel in the collector community for what you're selling or could otherwise blacklist you, gently caress 'em and don't look back. The whole point of eBay is that there are dozens of buyers for everything and you don't owe some chump anything if they're being a snarky pest without making a bid.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

Ooooh somebody is on the verge of getting preemptively banned by me.

They are in Canada and asking me all this needling questions about, "Do I pay an import fee? What about a duty fee?" over and over. I've told them as politely as possible that I use the Global Shipping program, so I do not collect those fees myself. I even dug through Ebay's Global Shipping information, sent him the appropriate link, and copy/pasted all the pertinent poo poo.

This I get this response -

"I would have preferred a yes or no for an answer, which seems clear to you."

God drat, I am right on the edge of banning this guy before he bids. I'd put a tenner on the person not buying, but if he or she does I'm sensing a problem buyer.

Yeah, gently caress that guy. He's already going out of his way to be a pain in the rear end, and you don't owe him anything yet.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Customer is always right

Counterpoint: they're not a customer if they're not buying something

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Sigh, eBay is like the last place I want to sell stuff now. What with the high fees and all.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Shaocaholica posted:

Sigh, eBay is like the last place I want to sell stuff now. What with the high fees and all.

It's tough; I hate them and their policies and fees. On the other hand, they've allowed me to have a steady cash flow by getting rid of all my random old holsters, gun parts, and camera gear... and I don't have to deal with anyone from Facebook or Craigslist.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

It's tough; I hate them and their policies and fees. On the other hand, they've allowed me to have a steady cash flow by getting rid of all my random old holsters, gun parts, and camera gear... and I don't have to deal with anyone from Facebook or Craigslist.

Being totally candid, there is a lot I dislike. But I've always found their customer service helpful and easy to handle.

Ebay is my permanent slush fund for guns and other hobbies. I'm thankful it's there, because I absolutely would NOT deal with people on Facebook and Craigslist. I did one Facebook buy, which was painless and the dude I bought from got a really good price for his poo poo. Afterwards, I gave the guy positive marks in all eight categories.

He gave me positive marks in two. Fucker.

ChuckDeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

"For god's sake, man! Can you hear that? I know it seems like crying, and you always have crying in your head, but can you hear that?"

Captain Log posted:

GSP is fine, the worst thing that happens with GSP for a buyer is the item is busted by Pitney Bowes, but eBay covers that quick. Seller side can be a bigger nightmare, especially if your buyer says there's something wrong with the item that wasn't related to shipping damage, have fun trying to purchase an international return label for your buyer.

Also, while I would tell sellers to cut and run if a lot of messages are being sent pre-transaction, if it's just confusion about duties that's not terrible as long as they don't ask you to declare it a gift. If they're sending paragraphs before money has been sent, that's the real red flag because they're going to needy post transaction too.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

So, our reenactment supply shop has had an ebay page a while, and we are slowly starting to gain sales (3rd came in this week).

What happens if someone fails to pick up their parcel from the mail? 2nd buyer had like 4 attempted deliveries, when I checked the tracking, so I sent them a message as a heads up check your local post office. What happens if its returned to sender? Or even worse, eaten by the postal service? It was a 35$ transaction, so I didn't bother with insurance, as it is a nightmare to deal with.

Also, if I ship from EU to USA, and customs stops the package and disposes of it (Replica grenades made of rubber, that sort of thing), would they contact us? I specifically have a label on the box with contact info and a declaration of no hazardous materials. In our non ebay store we've had about 2 parcels flat out vanish out of 30. Thankfully both were insured as they were large, but drat gently caress dealing with insurance.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

N17R4M posted:

So, our reenactment supply shop has had an ebay page a while, and we are slowly starting to gain sales (3rd came in this week).

What happens if someone fails to pick up their parcel from the mail? 2nd buyer had like 4 attempted deliveries, when I checked the tracking, so I sent them a message as a heads up check your local post office. What happens if its returned to sender? Or even worse, eaten by the postal service? It was a 35$ transaction, so I didn't bother with insurance, as it is a nightmare to deal with.

Also, if I ship from EU to USA, and customs stops the package and disposes of it (Replica grenades made of rubber, that sort of thing), would they contact us? I specifically have a label on the box with contact info and a declaration of no hazardous materials. In our non ebay store we've had about 2 parcels flat out vanish out of 30. Thankfully both were insured as they were large, but drat gently caress dealing with insurance.

Two things to note: 1) if it is delivered eBay considers your part done. Once that little green "delivered" check shows up on the item it's the buyer's problem. I had this crop up recently with a large order. Tl;dr is that their mail carrier signed for it as "<their initials> COVID" because they didn't want to ring the doorbell due to COVID, and the buyers claimed they never got it. My money is on porch pirates. That really loving sucks and I did everything I could to help them, including giving them all the info they'd need to file for the insurance with the USPS, but when I contacted eBay about it they told me that as long as it said delivered I was good to go. As a side note, spend the extra few bucks to get signature confirmed delivery. I just take it out of my end if what I'm selling is worth more than $20. 2) if the package bounced all the way back to me I'd just void the sale and re-list. Eating the delivery charge is a small price to pay for that kind of BS. If they really wanted it they could send me another delivery fee.

ChuckDeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

"For god's sake, man! Can you hear that? I know it seems like crying, and you always have crying in your head, but can you hear that?"

N17R4M posted:

If your buyer opens an eBay case about not receiving the item, if there's attempted delivery or the buyer fails to pick it up from the postal service, eBay would see the buyer at fault even if it gets RoS'd. If it gets lost and there was never an attempt at delivery, they hold the seller at fault. If you do end up with the item back in hand, I would still refund the buyer to avoid them trying to dispute the transaction with their card.

As far as customs notifying you about the destruction of an item, that all depends on the shipping service you purchase/if the destination country even has tracking for it's postal service. Most I have ever seen in regards to notices are updates to tracking, but never an official outreach. To be honest, 9 times out of ten if there's issues with shipping internationally and it's not a GSP transaction, the seller is going to eat the loss. This is why GSP is suggested.

As far as shipping insurance goes, eBay looks at shipping insurance as only a protection for the seller: if the item gets damaged/goes missing (edit: Specifically goes missing during shipment, not after delivery) and you have insurance, eBay would expect you to refund the buyer and then you would recoup that by filing the shipping claim.

ChuckDeNomolos fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 10, 2021

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

infrared35 posted:

I was on the horns of this dilemma earlier in the year. I was unloading a bunch of assorted collector poo poo and there was a non-eBay alternative that only took a 1% commission plus a really negligible listing fee. IIRC something like $.15. The flip side, though, is that eBay just has all the loving eyeballs in the world looking at your poo poo. They also link your eBay profile so if you're new to the site you aren't totally without feedback.

So, like a true nerd, I did a couple of test runs before I unloaded the big bulk of poo poo. Near-identical items, same start time, same end time, same shipping terms, same basic types of pictures, etc. Six items over three weeks, three on eBay, three on the other site.

The eBay poo poo always went for more. Always enough to cover the additional fees, usually significantly more. Oh and eBay penny auctions are loving cat nip that always get a lot of views and end up pricing well. I took a bath testing a penny auction on the other site, ended up selling a ~$15 thing for $3.

So. . . yeah, ended up just selling the rest of it on eBay. The fees suck but goddamn in return you get a hell of an audience. I also have to note that the way eBay integrates buying shipping and tracking is useful.

Basically I think it's what you can see selling on Gunbroker vs. trying to sell something on a forum. On a forum you're going to get a lot more of the savvy collector types, tight fisted fuckers like us who want to maximize their hobby spending and are willing to hunt for deals. On Gunbroker you're a lot more likely to find a lawyer who's four beers deep on a Saturday night.

(which, by the way, plays into my auctions - I always set my auctions to end between 8pm and 9pm on a Saturday. Late enough that dinner's over, late enough that any drinkers have a few in them, but not so late that people are passing out or trying to get laid).

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

As far as shipping insurance goes, eBay looks at shipping insurance as only a protection for the seller: if the item gets damaged/goes missing and you have insurance, eBay would expect you to refund the buyer and then you would recoup that by filing the shipping claim.

Note that at least with USPS insurance either party can file claim. If the package was delivered/ attempted to deliver and eBay says you're good to go, then I wouldn't file insurance. Don't want to open the door to fraud allegations, and you certainly don't want to gently caress with getting the insurance and then issuing a refund on something eBay considers delivered.

But, like in my probable-porch-pirates example above, if eBay finds in your favor there's nothing preventing you from giving all the info to the buyers that they'll need to file the claim. I believe that's what mine did.

ChuckDeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

Note that at least with USPS insurance either party can file claim. If the package was delivered/ attempted to deliver and eBay says you're good to go, then I wouldn't file insurance. Don't want to open the door to fraud allegations, and you certainly don't want to gently caress with getting the insurance and then issuing a refund on something eBay considers delivered.

But, like in my probable-porch-pirates example above, if eBay finds in your favor there's nothing preventing you from giving all the info to the buyers that they'll need to file the claim. I believe that's what mine did.

eBay also has a (limited) credit policy for buyers who end up with porch pirates as well, and it's typically a lot faster than dealing with insurance

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

So, GSP does not exist in Malta to my knowledge, so I am stuck with using regular registered parcel post. All parcels are sent signed for/tracked, but I only insure the ones above 100$ generally.

More often then not the parcels vanish after being handed to the airline for shipping, with the last update being "Handed over to Airline for transport abroad" or such, which afaik is past the customs check locally at that point, aka at the airport terminal.

So far both cases the customers were very understanding, Covid being what it is, but I am wondering if it was Customs actively stopping the grenade shaped objects, or just pure rotten luck? Both parcels been parcels of 6 or more. 2/30ish feels like a unusually high loss rate.

Either way, switching to FedEx for US shipments over 50$ now, see how that goes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

GSP is fine, the worst thing that happens with GSP for a buyer is the item is busted by Pitney Bowes, but eBay covers that quick. Seller side can be a bigger nightmare, especially if your buyer says there's something wrong with the item that wasn't related to shipping damage, have fun trying to purchase an international return label for your buyer.

Also, while I would tell sellers to cut and run if a lot of messages are being sent pre-transaction, if it's just confusion about duties that's not terrible as long as they don't ask you to declare it a gift. If they're sending paragraphs before money has been sent, that's the real red flag because they're going to needy post transaction too.

The thing that pissed me off wasn't confusion about GSP, it was this -

(Sent after I had both linked and copy pasted all the pertinent information)

Captain Log posted:

This I get this response -

"I would have preferred a yes or no for an answer, which seems clear to you."

I cannot emphasize how much effort I put into being an uber friendly customer service man, so people getting snippy and rude is a bad indicator.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Some people just suck. Do on eBay as on social media: block 'em and move on.

On the other hand people also just get frustrated. I had one person buy a lot of five things a few weeks ago. Just a bunch of identical, cheap poo poo I didn't want to put up in solo auctions. Five things, winning bid was a hair under $20. Great.

Only a few weeks later they come back saying it had just go there (believable given USPS and covid and weather etc) and there were only four things in the package. Now, I'm meticulous with my packaging but hey, I also make mistakes. So I rummage around the table in the corner that's rapidly becoming "the ebay table" and nope, none of them. They're getting really pissy and demanding that I send them another one because they bought five, not four.

Now, even if I had more of them gently caress that because I'm not spending an extra $3 to ship a single $4 item. Plus I didn't have any so non-starter anyway. I tell them to double check the packaging, describe how I packed it and where they all were (did I mention I'm meticulous in my packaging?)*, and say that if they can't find it I'll just refund them a fifth of their purchase price to cover the lost item.

A day later I get back a sheepish "sorry, I checked like you asked and found it with the packaging in the trash." Good on them they actually apologized. Still they went full customer service aggro. Dude, I'm not Amazon. I'm just some rear end in a top hat with a table in the corner of his living room getting rid of some poo poo that's been in boxes for almost a decade. I don't have an infinite stock of poo poo to just shove out the door if you complain.

In fairness, though, as a buyer I've seen a TON of people who basically use eBay as shittier Amazon. I bought some felt squares off eBay for using as neutral backdrops while photographing small gun parts and that person was 100% just drop shipping from China. Good on them, everyone's got to make a buck, but eBay suffers from being this weird mix of random people selling their poo poo like a garage sale and no bullshit businesses using it like a storefront.

*as an aside I have no loving clue how they didn't see all five things. They were in the same loving zip lock bag, the bag itself was sandwiched between cardboard and taped in place, and the cardboard was inside a padded envelope. I have no idea how you take four of them out and don't see the fifth.

Imagine if I handed you a clear ziplock bag of five of Shima's more insanely colorful dice and you took four out and went but where's the fifth? while holding the bag with the fifth die in it. That kind of "how the gently caress do you miss this?"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'll say this much - At least they apologized. But loving gently caress people going full aggro on obvious small time sellers.

If you are buying mass made drop shipped China poo poo? Sure, throw your weight around a little. I've noticed sellers based in China will try and manipulate you with all sorts of sob stories, often identical ones between different sellers!

But if you are talking to "Some Person" selling collectibles? loving slow your roll, rear end in a top hat.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

I feel that's gonna bite me in the rear end one day, since we are a small two man company working out of what is essentially a two car garage filled with machining tools with an office in the back, and a pair of 3d printers, trying to look professional like a real company, while the vast majority of jobs we take on are super niche replica or sfx projects, and whatever we sell online is just stuff we made in our downtime out of interest in supplying cool poo poo to other reenactors.

Almost feel we should have gone with etsy as our online storefront, so people don't think we have a warehouse full of stuff ready to throw at them.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

N17R4M posted:

I feel that's gonna bite me in the rear end one day, since we are a small two man company working out of what is essentially a two car garage filled with machining tools with an office in the back, and a pair of 3d printers, trying to look professional like a real company, while the vast majority of jobs we take on are super niche replica or sfx projects, and whatever we sell online is just stuff we made in our downtime out of interest in supplying cool poo poo to other reenactors.

Almost feel we should have gone with etsy as our online storefront, so people don't think we have a warehouse full of stuff ready to throw at them.

Your whole industry can be odd. Mix of boutique small shops like you and monster outfits turning out whatever.

Like, I just found out that there’s two Polish guys making repel G/K43 stocks. I bought one years ago for a rifle I no longer own and it was great craftsmanship. Obviously a repro (most notably it was a single piece of hardwood rather than laminate) but the dude wasn’t trying to sell it as anything but a reproduction. Looked good enough for reenactors, more than functional enough for shooters, and no collector was ever going to think it was original. Great stock.

Come to find out while talking to someone in a similar boat today that apparently there’s a second Polish guy riding his coattails as “eBay Polish G43 stock guy” (since, you know, most people just remember the stock guy they read about on some gun board is Polish not the name etc when they are surfing for it) and his poo poo is allegedly WRETCHED. Dimensionally wrong, poo poo wood, suspicions that they’re made by a shop in China or similar, etc.

ChuckDeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Captain Log posted:

The thing that pissed me off wasn't confusion about GSP, it was this -

Ah, I apologize for missing that detail, that is definitely someone that would've been on the blocked bidders/buyers list pretty quick.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

So, ebay just deleted the ad for Mills No36 replicas, and sent an email that we attempted to sell illegal firearms parts.

Despite very clearly stating that it is a fully rubber film prop, specially manufactured, never was operational, never will be.

What the hell eBay? Like where's the cutoff? Cartoon style grenade that comes with a kids army playset? Would that be removed too?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

N17R4M posted:

So, ebay just deleted the ad for Mills No36 replicas, and sent an email that we attempted to sell illegal firearms parts.

Despite very clearly stating that it is a fully rubber film prop, specially manufactured, never was operational, never will be.

What the hell eBay? Like where's the cutoff? Cartoon style grenade that comes with a kids army playset? Would that be removed too?

I've been buying solid rubber training guns, most of which are red or blue but some of which are black, all year. That's weird.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

N17R4M posted:

Did you put keywords all over the auction? Like 'replica' 'prop' etc? Not sure if Ebay logic checks for that or its an automated thing but if its automated it can be defeated if you know what its looking for.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

"British Mills Rubber No36 M Replica Model Toy Prop" was the title. Description said it was newly made, safe, non hazardous etc...

Sigh. I bet the account is flagged somehow now, and there doesn't seem to be a way to contest it.

e- Didn't even say grenade in the description, but the email called it an inert grenade... Hmm. Wonder if I got reported by an other seller or something?

N17R4M fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 11, 2021

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Contact eBay customer support. The phone line of the chat, they’re both good.

Their automated poo poo sucks but the people seem to know wtf.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Contact eBay customer support. The phone line of the chat, they’re both good.

Their automated poo poo sucks but the people seem to know wtf.

This this and this.

You never know what stupid automated poo poo can ding you. Or some rear end in a top hat reported you by lying.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

That kinda shenaningans is what I feared about listing a wrist brace for a PDW kit. Part of me wants to just list it and see but part of me is afraid that it'll cause me a lot of hassle because my account is new.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

knuthgrush posted:

That kinda shenaningans is what I feared about listing a wrist brace for a PDW kit. Part of me wants to just list it and see but part of me is afraid that it'll cause me a lot of hassle because my account is new.

The only time I got something flagged (even though I had a recorded conversation saying it was OK to list) they just killed the auction. I didn't have to deal with any account strikes or anything.

I think Infrared's had some poo poo luck with all that. What happened with your "problem sales" Mr. Infra?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

The only time I got something flagged (even though I had a recorded conversation saying it was OK to list) they just killed the auction. I didn't have to deal with any account strikes or anything.

I think Infrared's had some poo poo luck with all that. What happened with your "problem sales" Mr. Infra?

Oh, man. The non-payers are a minor pain. I can cancel the transaction but then I don't get my listing fees back. But reporting a non-paying bidder seems like an even bigger pain because you have to wait forever to get a final resolution on it. The dude on gunbroker who bid on a gun and then refused to pay unless I took part in some bizarro money-and-FFL escrow situation (to which I reluctantly agreed), and then he refused to send the money until after he had the gun in hand and could inspect it in person... gently caress that guy.Hammer-gently caress him.

The dudes who bid, pay, and THEN want to cancel because they read the item description a couple hours after the fact... after I've already shipped the item out... those are annoying.

But one of the times I waited until the next day to ship an item out, the dude bitched up and down that it didn't show up in time for the weekend match, filed a complaint against me for late shipping (which it wasn't), used the item (it was a scope mount) for a couple shooting matches, and then demanded a full refund without offering to send the item back.

gently caress that guy. Hammer-gently caress him, even.

Sorry if that was a bit rambly. I didn't sleep well last night.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Oh, man. The non-payers are a minor pain. I can cancel the transaction but then I don't get my listing fees back. But reporting a non-paying bidder seems like an even bigger pain because you have to wait forever to get a final resolution on it. The dude on gunbroker who bid on a gun and then refused to pay unless I took part in some bizarro money-and-FFL escrow situation (to which I reluctantly agreed), and then he refused to send the money until after he had the gun in hand and could inspect it in person... gently caress that guy.Hammer-gently caress him.

The dudes who bid, pay, and THEN want to cancel because they read the item description a couple hours after the fact... after I've already shipped the item out... those are annoying.

But one of the times I waited until the next day to ship an item out, the dude bitched up and down that it didn't show up in time for the weekend match, filed a complaint against me for late shipping (which it wasn't), used the item (it was a scope mount) for a couple shooting matches, and then demanded a full refund without offering to send the item back.

gently caress that guy. Hammer-gently caress him, even.

Sorry if that was a bit rambly. I didn't sleep well last night.

God drat.

I'm this close to unloading my 6.5 Grendel and 500 rounds of ammo, but I do not want to deal with Gunbroker people. Especially when guns are involved.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I’ve had way fewer problems with buyers and sellers on GB than eBay.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

So, there's an ebay seller with a lot of good reviews that has an item I want. Its moderately pricey, and they have it above market value but theirs is an excellent example. However, due to their high asking price, it's been relisted repeatedly over the month with zero bids.

I sent them a message saying hey, would you knock off ~12%, and I'll buy it? They responded saying they would consider it and get back to me tomorrow.

Would it be a bad idea to send them another message with my # telling them if they want my address to get a shipping estimate (or some other bs)? Figure they may understand that I'd be willing to make a deal off ebay.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What does your account look like to him? As a seller I'd probably assume someone angling to move off eBay was trying to rip me off, and even a high rated account can get hacked.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Midjack posted:

What does your account look like to him? As a seller I'd probably assume someone angling to move off eBay was trying to rip me off, and even a high rated account can get hacked.

This, absolutely this.

I've only purchased off Ebay twice. Once occurred totally naturally after a first sale with a lot of back and forth with a guy. The second time also occurred after a lot of back and forth, but that time Ebay literally couldn't figure out the shipping between the US and UK for less than $40.

I would not gently caress with getting your account suspended. If someone tried that on me after one message, I'd block them.

Also, if you are trying to convince the person to sell cheaper being eager isn't helping.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cool, I'll not ask then, thanks. Just saw folks mention it before here and wasn't sure if that was a normal thing people wanted or a rare thing.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Especially if you're fishing for 12% off then they're basically making no extra money while risking their account versus full price through eBay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

darnon posted:

Especially if you're fishing for 12% off then they're basically making no extra money while risking their account versus full price through eBay.

Well, if it’s been sitting at that price long enough I could see biting off-eBay just because then it’s really more like a 2% reduction. But that’s dependent on wanting it gone.

I will say that as a seller I’d be worried about someone trying some shady poo poo in an off site sale. Ebays seller protections aren’t iron clad but they’re there and they’ve saved my pants once before.