Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Man, I've sold probably 100 things on ebay over the past 20 years and have never had an issue with any of this poo poo. Have I just been lucky? Does this cluster around idiot guy poo poo (like guns)? Most of my sales have been video games, outdoor gear, and antiuque-y stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Psht, white gold. $50 shotgun barrel slice polished and rounded from etsy. Probably not the only one on TFR.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Tyro posted:

Lol wish I had known that was a thing

BRB setting up an Etsy shop

There's already a couple dudes on there. And looking at it more, I think mine was melted down and recast shotgun barrel, making it about 17% less cool.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I just put something up with a Pie in the Sky price and it got bought before I made it to my next listing.

DuckTales 1 and Ducktales 2 complete in box Nintendo cartridges.

Someone paid $125 for them immediately. I think I should have put on a higher price. :downs:

I sold 1 with no box for something like 25 a few years ago, so not surprising.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

Someone in the Knife thread told me this was a good thread to post pics of some old beer steins I bought to see if they’re worth anything?

And maybe to inquire if an 1862 pistol used in the Civil War and in amazing condition might be worth more than the $1200 I saw it being sold for?

:justpost:

This is the "how to sell stuff to get money to buy new stuff" thread, but is also sometimes the "show us your cool stuff" thread. Its frequented by some folks who know their poo poo about the value of things.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Final Blog Entry posted:

Seems the only knives I see at flea markets are the one guy at every flea market who apparently just ordered the entire BudK catalog and rented a booth.
See also, gun shows.

One case of market price+ "collectable" case knives. 20 cases of horrible Chinese poo poo.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Have you never seen the Cuttlery Corner infomercials?

Is that the one that used to play for like 3 hours at 1 AM?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

I've given up leaving feedback as a buyer since its almost impossible to leave bad feedback. Wouldn't surprise me if others are the same.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

While we are on the topic, I bought a bunch of old life magazines from the wwii era to get some shaving and toiletry ads for my basement bathroom (aka my bathroom).

Is it worth buying some sleeves, backers, and envelopes to try to sell some of the ads? I'm saving an international harvester ad about their garands for the right TFR secret Santa, but there are lots of other good ads.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Fwiw, this week I had two usps packages be listed as "delivered" when physical reality says otherwise. I know they were not delivered because my dogs go apeshit when the mail trucks come up the driveway with packages, and they did not that day.

Emailed customer service and two days later got back an email saying my case was resolved: tracking shows delivered.

That was less than useless.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Wait till you get to "rare nazi silverware, taken from hitlers bunker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Captain Log posted:

coin guy bullshit
Why does every hobby have X% of this guy?