Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Isn't it great when a person not only puts an asinine price on something, but also adds a photo fit for a police blotter?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Domo-Qee-Plaid-Argyle-Series-1-1-15-Rarity/143900075431?hash=item21811ce5a7:g:R1EAAOSw8pFf6M9t

I wondered when they were finally going to catch whoever was attacking those poor kittens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I just checked, and have 21 feedbacks and my account is 3 years old. So that should be plenty good enough. Now I just got to build a lightbox for this thing and get some good pictures. I'll leave it on the niche forum till next week and then toss it onto ebay. Half wonder if I'm not getting any bites as people are hoping I'll drop the price. It's a desirable scope with the correct original mounting rings, and I haven't seen one for sale within the last 2 years so I'm aiming to get around 1.2k for it...

Also, I posted more turtle pics in the gift exchange thread for you Captain Log.

Edit: ugh, I have to use paypal for ebay? I..uh...can't. Got banned for gun stuff whoops. I have a square account I use for not gun stuff now, but doesn't look like ebay supports that. Dammit.

You should be able to use Apple Pay or Google Pay if you have one of those set up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Nope, that wasn’t ebays screwup. Unfortunately.

If you leave global shipping available, eBay does it all automatically and acts as the freight forwarder out of Kentucky.

I cannot grasp why a holster would be restricted, though.

We cannot let the BLACKHAWK! technology fall into foreign hands.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Remember when eBay was forced to sell PayPal by Icahn in 2014? This is the end of the agreement that PayPal would do their credit card processing, so eBay is working with Adyen now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A lot of it can depend on the last mile carrier. USPS has been known to have carriers who scan everything “delivered” as soon as they load it on the truck, which causes some problems when you get the email, check your porch, and nothing is there for a few hours. They’ve also just not been updating tracking for the last couple of months, for reasons you’re no doubt familiar with. FedEx generally seems to be doing better over the last several weeks, but if the people you deal with suck then they may not be the best choice.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

No, when it comes to online sales you are never wrong to back away at the first sign of a scam, and “oops wrong address” is a classic. There are plenty of buyers who aren’t dumb for things like a video card.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infrared35 posted:

eBay only lets you go back 90 days for your sales history. I told him that they won’t let me issue a refund at this point but I’d be happy to go the extra mile and dig through my emails to see if I could find the tracking info, and then submit a missing item claim for him with USPS.

He responded, “just send me another one”.

goatse him

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infrared35 posted:

I've heard of this happening, but I don't think it's ever happened to me.

I got a hit on a saved search on Bay for a particular holster maker. His holsters are always on eBay, but not in great numbers and not usually for the particular gun I'm looking to fit.

The seller has it listed for $54, or make offer.

I made an offer of $45.

The seller countered with $60.

I offered $49, and the seller countered with $70. :negative:

gently caress you, dude. If $54 is the lowest you'll accept, start it at $54 and don't take offers. Or set the thresholds on your offers.

Did he forget he was the seller?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

For what it’s worth I bought a thing in SA Mart two weeks ago and it sat in Tulsa with no updates for a week after he dropped it off. It’s still not here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Most FedEx and UPS stores offer packing services, but call ahead and ask before you lug the thing down there and include the price of the service in your shipping cost. Also check places like Mail Boxes Etc and similar, they may have competitive prices.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Having used both, it is an easier process for everyone involved. The only issue with it is between the UK and US. For whatever reason, the costs there are sometimes drat near double.

But the GSP gives both the buyer and seller a level of protection you wouldn't otherwise have, because Ebay takes responsibility for everything once the package hits postage.

That buyer has been prickly with me from the start, which I do not appreciate. I am Mr. Customer Service, past what I've ever seen from other shops. If the person is getting pissy with me over simple questions, I'd rather not sell to them.

Of course, the item I was talking about has bids now. From someone else.

Unless this guy is some big wheel in the collector community for what you're selling or could otherwise blacklist you, gently caress 'em and don't look back. The whole point of eBay is that there are dozens of buyers for everything and you don't owe some chump anything if they're being a snarky pest without making a bid.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What does your account look like to him? As a seller I'd probably assume someone angling to move off eBay was trying to rip me off, and even a high rated account can get hacked.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infrared35 posted:

Welp; all my gunbroker auctions state that I accept payment via discreet PayPal. And when I send out payment instructions, I tell the buyer not to mention anything about guns or gunbroker.

Just got a PayPal payment with the note: "HI THIS IS PAYMENT FOR THE GLOCK 23 .40 CALIBER PISTOL YOU ARE SELLING ON GUNBROKER.COM"

Countdown to ban hammer?

:rip: comedy chaos option: report the buyer as a harassing transaction

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Do you even respond to some cheese message like that or just ignore it?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Selling on Ebay - wishing you some lucky found here

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

My freshman year RA in college sold his used underwear on eBay for beer money. There were several repeat buyers. :gonk:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If memory serves some sex toys are called "bullets" either as a proper name or shorthand so that might do it. That or someone at Google is treating gun stuff as "adult content" now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Every dollar counts for me so I'm buying a fifty-year old toy. :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I just got a first.

I'm selling a vintage Giant's baseball pennant for the average price of $50. Not real high, not real low. I'm never in a hurry to sell, so no big rush.

This exact message just came in about it -

"Hllo
Do you accept US Postal money orders?"

:hmmno:

This person, based in the US, has been a member since 1999 and has 941 transactions. But only two instances of feedback in the past twelve months, one of them being hidden.

Asks to pay with a US Postal Money order, which I didn't know still existed. Also, couldn't correctly spell hello. Did someone just wake up from a two decade coma or have a stroke?

I bought a motorcycle from a private seller with them a couple of weeks ago. They still get some use.