Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Somebody Awful posted:

Apparently eBay is banning sales of nearly all adult content a month from now. I wonder what prompted that.

Conservatism. The recent surge in puritanical garbage is funded by zealots as a means of crushing queer voices painted up as Think Of The Children™, just as it always has been. American bigots more or lost their war on gay folks when same sex marriage was legalized, so they retooled their efforts (and pooled their money) to regulate historically queer spaces out of existence, and this has the bonus effect of also being a means of enforcing misogyny. You can also trace the surge in transphobic legislation to a handful of deep pocket Concerned Christian Conservative groups that funded the original gay panic.

You can be an absolute shitgibbon on twitch and youtube for example, but if a bunch of pissbaby gamerbros report flood someone's channel because :siren: bra strap showing, low cut top :siren:, that person goes down long before KoolKingKoopa88 ever will even if they've not broken any rule at all. Such is the folly of centralizing the internet.

The end goal of these folks is to regulate queer people out of existence and turn America into a dominionist theocracy. It's why the nazis burned the Institute of Sexology immediately. Also worth keeping in mind that there is substantial overlap between queer folks and sex workers. Incidentally, it's super cool that one of the champions of the recent resurgence in this movement is the loving vice president. Not to say she's a dominionist herself, but she sure built a career on destroying the lives of sex workers and regulating their industry back several steps because Are Valuez painted up as, once again, Think of The Children.

tarlibone posted:

Is it not woke to ask what the vintage nude air fresheners smell like, or what they were supposed to smell like back in the day?

Suppressing and outright censoring sex work is pretty anti-woke. It's not an accident that certain elements of the internet hijacked woke as a means of masquerading their actual intentions of stifling BIPOC voices. It's a great way to slowly radicalize people imperatively over time.

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

tarlibone posted:

... uh, I was making a joke about air fresheners, because I've been around naked bodies before, and in theit natural state, they ain't 100% fresh. Not sure if want my truck to smell like naked people from the 1970s.

Not sure how that is connected to sex work. I want to be clear, I was not at all talking about sex work, BIPOC voices, or anything radical. More like, old Hustler magazine scratch & sniff sticker stuff.

Oh I know, just what ebay is doing has nothing to do with being woke.