Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

1) Food
2) Yes

challenge run where we make you get all the bad characters and use them needs to be a go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

HELP THE BROTHERS

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

2.) Try to hold out a while longer in hopes that Iver recovers and can offer guidance?

this feels like the copout answer which is usually the worst answer, which hopefully means it leads the the most problems

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

2.) Demand we take the dredge baby with us

there is absolutely no way this could go wrong

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

3.) WAIT 3 MORE DAYS

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

1.) Everyone is invited to join the caravan, no questions asked.
2.) Make some fighter boats and some civilian boats. The fighters can protect the civilians, provided something doesn't go wrong.
2.) Move everyone from the boats in need of repair to the functional boats. Saves time, but these rickety ships are barely holding together as is.

unfortunately it looks like I came too late to convince everyone else to also vote in this stupid way rip

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

C.) Give him advice on what giant goddamn land masses to lift, and which to let go.
C.) Have the varl lead a charge into the back ranks and try to knock them off.
A.) Leave it as is. He wouldn't have volunteered for this if he couldn't handle it.

I see no way any of these can go wrong

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

C.) Split the party!

just like you said, there's absolutely no way this could go wrong!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

But the A team is injured to the point of ineffectiveness, and the B team, well...it's a rough fit.

So, 2 things to vote on.
A.) HOW DO WE HANDLE THIS EVENT WITH SPARR
3.) Do it ourselves, and drat the injuries.

B.) This will not be the last time that one of the Ravens tries to play hero. Some of the Ravens are more competent at leadership than others. If someone offers to lead a charge instead of the main force doing it, who should we let try? You can vote for multiple characters. If that character has a heroic event and you all vote in favor, we'll try it that person's way. If you vote against it, we'll do a standard fight and cross our fingers. This genuinely isn't a trap choice--some of the Ravens are more apt to leadership and war than others. This is like a "send Thane in the vents Mass Effect 2" kind of situation. There legitimately are correct choices.

WHO SHOULD WE SUPPORT IF THEY ASK TO LEAD A FIGHT THEMSELVES?
Oli
Mogun
Bersi
Sigbjorn
Fasolt
Gudmundr
Dytch
Bak

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

C.) Ignore both for some reason because we want to make an obviously stupid choice.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

A 1.) Trust her intuition. She's known Bolverk since she was eight years old. She's been right about him this entire chapter. If we intervene, we'll exacerbate things and get her killed.

B
Folka
Juno

C
Yrsa gets Foolish
Hakon gets Oath-Maker
Canary gets Forsaken
Oddleif gets Wolf

for second party
Folka gets Death's Messenger
Juno gets Last Standing

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

A.) Alette goes alone, carrying the dredge baby.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

D.) An obviously bad choice

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

C. Remind Eyvind that if he really loves Juno, he should honor her plan. Talking about Juno tends to get Eyvind really drat wound up and this could anger him. On the other hand, maybe this reminder is what's needed to get him to follow the original plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Gologle posted:

They are? I've abstained from voting for most of the third game, because a bunch of stuff is new to me now and I wanted to experience it through this LP. I'm pretty sure the others haven't voted either, just discussing.

Crane Fist posted:

Yeah but if there's any overriding moral to the whole Banner Saga series, it's that sometimes life just plain sucks, so pick your poo poo up and keep going because the universe doesn't give a rat's rear end about what you deserve

Choosing to rush Bolverk isn't the worst choice- you don't have to fight the first two waves, and on my run I got lucky when I had Iver bash his armour, and then Castaway hit him with an attack that activated both Exploit and Artery Strike, adding the critical increase to the puncture damage increase and dropping him like a sack of potatoes, which was extremely anticlimactic

Oh and C. Juno seems to have accepted how this has to go, but Eyvind seems to need a little more convincing?

I guess it's technically possible that he beat Bolverk and then immediately quit afterwards but that seems unlikely somehow