Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Maybe I missed something but hasn't the sequence of events so far been, "varl/humans wandering around, minding their own business, DREDGE loving MURDER EVERYTHING, caravans desperately fight to avoid destruction" so I'm not sure what this whole "provoking" thing is coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I get that the game is simulating decision making while in the throes of crisis where you generally have a lot of unpleasant choices and usually your ability to make an informed decision is impeded but it feels like there's so many "decide how you want to die, A: drowning, B: immolation, C: disease" and that is rather demoralizing.

That said, let's wait three days, I'm not even sure where else we are gonna run out to, did we even pick another destination or is the caravan supposed to wander aimlessly when the proles get antsy?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Ephemeron posted:

Cautious, mixed, fix your drat boats.
That seems reasonable which means it somehow leads to Ragnarok coming early and dooming all life!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ABB because I'm far too nice.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Sounds like a trap, avoid the markers.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

B I promise I'll feed him and take him for walks and hug him and play with him please please please dad

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If half the caravan dies but the fights are balanced around that decimated number then it's fine, it's just numbers. From a storytelling perspective, all of creation is falling apart and the center is literally not holding, so that's the sort of disaster it's been hinting at for a while and then...it happens. Ragnarok is here, poo poo, it's not clear if there's any sort of haven for anyone be it human, varl, dredge, horseborn, or apocalyptic snake. The arc is clearly going to be "things are gonna get worse, until either it ends or it gets better. But you don't know what so you have to press on."

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Amid senseless tragedy, let's have some nice things. Or A nice thing.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"Let's possess" and this LP is eerily apropos

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

B just to be contrary.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

A, you're still mortals but this is a dangerous place to be. Even were it not the literal end of the world you still sleep in shifts and post watches while in hostile territory.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Hakon and Oddleif!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

You completely destroyed the entire trilogy in record time, you take all the time you need.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ArcadePark posted:

Yeah, even Juno is stumped.

Just...... Why?
The cost of allowing choices in a game is the possibility (probability) that gamers will find a way to more or less stick their metaphorical dick to a blender and set it to puree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

:toot: This was great and I'm glad I got to see the whole trilogy!1