Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I can't tell you where your friend is, but nobody "goes missing" in Butcher's Lament. outsiders come into town, they'll find nothing but the heartache they brought in with them. you have no friends here. so why don't you turn around back the way you came, stranger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

well I'm not saying I know anything about your friend, but backpackers who head into blackheart hollow are asking for trouble, especially if they've been warned, and ESPECIALLY especially if they've got a decent amount of meat on their bones, so to speak

ty nesamdoom!

kuskus

What do you mean "backpacker", whyoncha c'mon in and sit down and have some of my peach moonshine. Forget all this crazy talk, where'd you sayuze from? Look it's too dark to be looking for ghosts 'n goblins out there I've got a bed made up right here. Just scrubbed 'er down with corn elixir, should be totally free of all of those mites. Hey where are you going!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
**plays banjo music but only when no one is looking at him**

Manifisto

nope, nobody been through here since last sunday. we would have known if someone came by, we tend to notice such things. sorry you've come all this way for a dead end. but as luck would have it our harvest festival is tomorrow night, we're deep into our . . . preparations. perhaps you'd like to stick around?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Listen, as the only good people in this world I'm incredibly offended you would accuse one of us of murdering that lady and her two sons who wouldn't agree with us that black people are evil.

----------------

flavor.flv

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh, I seen your boy. Good kid, strong back, my youngest daughter took a real shine to him. She was awful disappointed when he turned her down. Real shame, that, could have used some new blood in the family.

Well, you folks are welcome to search all around here, I'll just ask you to steer clear of the barn. We just got some new lifestock in, and the thing's got a real mean streak, bit my hand when I tried to feed it. Don't worry, we'll break it eventually.

Robot Made of Meat

People 'round these parts pretty much keep themselves to themselves, if you know what I' sayin'.

I mean, if some nosy outsider with a fancy, big-city pack on their back were to come snoopin' around where they don't have no business snoopin', well . . . that's all I'm sayin'.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I saw a guy like you describe... [looks over shoulder at a nearby old man]
I meant to say, I never saw a guy like you describe.

Robot Made of Meat

"Missing" is kind of a strong word, if you catch my meaning. I mean, I haven't seen my cousin Earl since the last wheat ritual. Does that mean he's "missing?" Is my uncle Burl "missing" just because he stopped showing up for church in 1953?

Heck, I haven't played checkers with my brother Merle this whole week. I'm not going to go hollering to the police that he's "missing" just because aunt Pearl found his thigh bone nailed to the shed door, am I?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

dads friend steve

Well "cursed" feels like kind of a strong word for it... Town has been hit with a streak a bad luck tho. First the Patterson boy got caught in the reaper and then the Wilson twins drowned when the grain silo bust loose. But I think I remember seeing a fella like the one you're describing headed towards the trailhead by the ol Indian burial ground. If you hurry you can probably catch up with em

Moon Atari

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no backpacker gone missin'. Ain't never even heard of such a thing as cannibalizing outsiders to appease our gods...an' such.

poverty goat

come to think of it there was a real commotion out in the cornfield. if you wanna find him before nightfall you better hurry

Android Blues

*rolls boiled sweet from one side of mouth to the other pensively* Jacob's Hollow? not since old herb duchamp passed on has a soul set foot in that accursed town. your friend wouldn't have gone there, lessen she was a big fuckin dumbus possibly seeking to get you into a narrative type scenario, but not a long one, maybe 2 hours, so you can die at the end and the audience won't feel cheated

Android Blues

i queered the narrative by making the backpacker a she. question your assumptiosn. women can own backpacks. i dont but some can

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
a woman with a sensible purse and several oversized suitcases who was hiking the Appalachian trail? high heels and lots of makeup? pretty little blonde thing about yay high? nah haven't seen her round here...

alnilam

You know some other folks asked me the same thing yesterday. Two folks, nicely dressed, about yay high, both real pretty, lady with red hair, man had a trenchcoat and kept goin on about ahh whaddayacallem, aliems and whatnot? Friends of yours?

Manifisto

your friend? ayup we seen 'im. we kilt him, none too gently. we made sausages out of his insides and used his skin and bones for musical instruments that feature in our satanic ritua . . . wait a minute, did you say he was a backpacker? nope, haven't seen no backpackers around here, sorry.

alnilam

Android Blues posted:

i queered the narrative by making the backpacker a she. question your assumptiosn. women can own backpacks. i dont but some can

powerful

Android Blues

Manifisto posted:

your friend? ayup we seen 'im. we kilt him, none too gently. we made sausages out of his insides and used his skin and bones for musical instruments that feature in our satanic ritua . . . wait a minute, did you say he was a backpacker? nope, haven't seen no backpackers around here, sorry.

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
You there, yes you! I saw you walking around here asking questions you shouldn't be asking, we don't take kindly to strangers asking too many nosy questions and staying around might prove dangerous to your health if you catch my drift.

*disappears into a dark alley*

Twenty Four

*Sitting at the counter at the only diner in town, taking a sip of coffee, staring straight forward*

*Pretends to ignore your entire story about your missing friend despite being directly spoken to, keeps staring forward, takes another sip of coffee*

Android Blues

Twenty Four posted:

*Sitting at the counter at the only diner in town, taking a sip of coffee, staring straight forward*

*Pretends to ignore your entire story about your missing friend despite being directly spoken to, keeps staring forward, takes another sip of coffee*

*cracking up at the bar out of focus with the rest of the guys about how Janus is an absolute ledge, what a madman. im also recording with my phone for our pranks channel*

Android Blues

occasionally you hear an unearthly ululating howl or see a phosphorescent orb drift past the lens in "epic livestock prank MUST WATCH - GONE SEXUAL!" but no one involved with the filming seems to have noticed

wearing a lampshade

Well, I'll tells ya what I done tell yer friends... there's reception out in them woods, it's true. But it's the devil's reception. There's no towers out here, not for miles. All your calls come out as some kinda static, with a haunting reggae comin through the other line. The data don't work none either - try to use it, you'll just see a picture of a man stretchin his own... well it ain't pretty.

Some say the signal comes from the old Jameson plot, as - accordin' to some - he recycled old cellphones for a while... some say those old phones became something else. A nokia-king, some say. Far from smart, but damned deadly. Might account fer the signal, in any case. But none has seen old man Jameson online since 2015, an' his post count ain't gone up since the day. If anything... it's gone down some.

Farecoal

There he go
No, I haven’t seen your friend, and I can see the suspicion in your eyes! I take offense to that! Just because our little town is named Cannibalville and was founded by cannibals and an unusually high amount of people disappear in this area doesn’t mean anything!

Listen, I’m real sorry I got mad there. Just sensitive about my hometown, y’know. Why don’t I make it up to you? Y’all can come over for dinner tonight. The missus and I will be happy to put a little meat on yer bones...

Twenty Four

albany academy posted:

Well, I'll tells ya what I done tell yer friends... there's reception out in them woods, it's true. But it's the devil's reception. There's no towers out here, not for miles. All your calls come out as some kinda static, with a haunting reggae comin through the other line. The data don't work none either - try to use it, you'll just see a picture of a man stretchin his own... well it ain't pretty.

Some say the signal comes from the old Jameson plot, as - accordin' to some - he recycled old cellphones for a while... some say those old phones became something else. A nokia-king, some say. Far from smart, but damned deadly. Might account fer the signal, in any case. But none has seen old man Jameson online since 2015, an' his post count ain't gone up since the day. If anything... it's gone down some.

dang!

krampster2

I just wanna start by saying that the things you hear about me have not been proved in a court of law. I cannot confirm or deny those allegations.

kalel

Looking for your friend you say? Well, a lotta queer folk been making their way 'round these parts... probably on account of our annual LGBTQ Pride parade. Our community takes diversity and inclusivity very seriously, mhm.

What's that? Your friend was organizing a protest to the parade? I see... might've gone to visit the historic Old Joe's Butchery down in the valley. Yes sir, lotta history down in the valley...

Manifisto

backpacker's friend: raar blah blah trump blah bloo comic sans is overrated waah waah burritos taste bad and weed sucks blah blah I hate being chill and I hate reggae raar blee bloo emptyquoting is stupid waaa blah blah

yobber [eyes narrowing]: you're not from around here, are you

Dungeon Ecology

*quickly pockets shredded Jansport logo*

*whistles suspiciously*

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Manifisto posted:

backpacker's friend: raar blah blah trump blah bloo comic sans is overrated waah waah burritos taste bad and weed sucks blah blah I hate being chill and I hate reggae raar blee bloo emptyquoting is stupid waaa blah blah

yobber [eyes narrowing]: you're not from around here, are you

lol

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Oh you are looking for your friend.. Yes we all remember him and of course we will help you look for him.. for sure.

But you must be very tired, why don't you stay here for a couple of days, we have a warm bed, a bath and enough food that you'll never go hungry and then in a few days after the great feast we will help you look for sure!

*person wearing the same backpack as your friend*

kalel

Sorry, I don't know anyone called "Explore-adora." But if it helps, take this map.

Where'd I get a talking map you ask? You could say I... swiped it

...f-from the, uh, local tourism help center.

kuskus

*looks at you, hears your question*
*chews for a long time*
*leans to the side and spits out possibly a hard particle, possibly nothing at all*
*sucks teeth*
*rolls eyes toward the lean-to's roof*
"That sounds like work, I ain't workin' for free."
*keeps chewing*

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Judging by your appearance, you're not here for the murder festival. I reckon you're lookin for direction to the incredibly cheap bed and breakfast on down the way. That's the deal of a lifetime. It's to die for. Uhh, I had one more of these puns... No one cadaver believe the discount you're getting on this weekend getaway.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Fiend
I for one am hoping for the safe return of the backpacker and her companions.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sb hermit

Yeah, I’m the welcome wagon. Well, this diner is called the Welcome Wagon so have some coffee and some pie. I know you were sneaking around outside and I know you saw me sitting behind the counter but we don’t open until noon, when the tourists come.

Did you hear about the elaborate surprise party that the backpacking girl is setting up at the event center in the Comfort Inn? It’s almost ready and we’re supposed to be ornery but I can’t be grumpy if I’m not hungry.

What did you say your name was?

Starshark
You're backpacking friend? Oh you mean like the guy we lynched and gutted last week? Well we buried him in the swa- hang on a sec, getting a text message... "Ixnay on the urdermay..." Oh, ha ha! You thought I was for real, didn't ya? I was just funnin' ya...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag

Adjust lasers to FUN!

"You're friend's in here now let me..." 'shoots outsider'

"Oh Billy Joe, his friend was a lady. We didn't kill no lady this week."

• Locked thread