Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Looking forward to the A's getting a day off, they seem like they need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Bregmans loving ridiculous

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks for nothin, twins

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
29 hrs, 46 2b, 93 rbi is some next level arbitrary benchmarks, Astros broadcast

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Fiers looking like poo poo early :-/

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I don't think I've ever seen a guy get away with a failed check swing as obvious as the one Jed Lowrie got away with that at bat

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I also don't think I've ever seen this many passed balls in a half inning

Lol Yankees

E: I guess two were scored wild pitches but they both probably should've been blocked

Dutchy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 6, 2018

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'm expecting fiers to have a meltdown inning eventually, the Yankees are making a lot of hard contact

Thankfully Sanchez apparently can't catch a baseball

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Stupid Red Sox

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Atta boy Reddick

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
stupid rear end red sox

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Welp, let's see how Opener Liam Hendriks: Take 3 goes

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Laureano is good

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i honestly think ibb khris davis with the bases loaded might be the play for the rangers here

e: lol, double play, well i guess they had to get him out sometime

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

yeah and he's been slumping but it's fun to enjoy it when a guy has 27 home runs in 53 games against a team

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
If only every night could be Yovani Gallardo night

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
seriously where the gently caress did Laureano come from

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Is...is this the Fernando Rodney Experience?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

This trade flew completely under the radar for me, gah

At least Bailey looks good too? Still, man an excellent defensive CF with a 140 OPS+...

well it's a <100 PA sample with a BABIP of .400 (heading into tonight) and a lot of Ks so I wouldn't feel that bad yet

on the other hand, he fuckin owns

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

Fair, but even if he regresses to a league average bat his defense makes it worthwhile

he's definitely made me feel better about the A's outfield situation, we have a bunch of COF types but nobody I really loved in center. Pinder, Canha, Martini, and (hopefully someday) Fowler are all platoon bats whose gloves play better in left, if Laureano can keep them in that role by continuing to lock down the everyday CF job, I'll be perfectly happy.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i have no idea how i'd look something like this up but I honestly wonder if anyone has ever hit more HR/PA against a team than Khris Davis against the Rangers (min like 100 PA or whatever)

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
nooooo Edwin Jackson is remembering he's Edwin Jackson

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

he was an out away from escaping the inning and I was gonna :smug: but then he gave up a two-run double and now I'm :(

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
oh what's that, great catch Laureano, ho-hum

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

Rangers with the ol' Astros special, 2nd and 3rd with no outs and not gonna score any runs

when you're right, you're right

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
that's my boy Matt Chapman, the good baseball player

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I knew the day was coming, when Fernando Rodney would hurt me

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Chappy. the Chapmeister

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The A's are seriously gonna do a bullpen game in the WC game, none of these guys can be trusted

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I don't think I've ever seen a team give up two runs because the second baseman's throw hit the umpire before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

Why won't the A's ever loving lose.

No rotation, no problem :smug:

• Locked thread