Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I sure am glad the Cubs up and down have gone out of there way to antagonize umpires this season so that they get loving zero borderline strike calls. This is a winning formula that isn't coming back to bite them at all, no sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mustached Demon posted:

Cubs gonna lose another 1-run away game

There is no way they don't give up additional runs before this game is over with how pathetic they look tonight.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So is Severino injured or what? He started the season looking like he was going to continue his acely tear but it feels like he's been dogshit for a while now.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Gore has the perfect Ichiro feet first slide.

Time for the Cubs to get walked off again.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

String bean has not been sharp lately.

He has not, Joe running him out in this spot vs the heart of the Nationals order was asinine. Cool way to throw a game, Maddon.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: so Justin Wilson was available but did not come in to start the inning despite Harper and Soto being guaranteed AB's. No instead he comes in to face a righty after the winning run gets to third with only one out. Dear god Joe.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
God job... Justin Wilson? Ugh, that feels weird to type.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Five pitches not even remotely near the zone, Javy K's. Christ what a poor AB, even for him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Owned by Greg Holland, :lol:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
David Bote can only hit in the clutch and I'm not really complaining about it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Is this what it feels like to root for a team that employs a "Cubs Killer"?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
A fantastic clutch RBI hit from uh....

Taylor Davis? Sure. :toot:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Strop didn't throw too many pitches last inning, I assume he comes back out?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Atomizer posted:

No, dummy, Davis was the PH for him!

Oh right, didn't notice that.

Feels like Chavez is being worked to the bone.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What a pitch.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:sweatdrop:

Cubs Win :toot:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I can't believe I'm typing this but Justin Wilson probably deserves the toast of the game over Bote. If he doesn't get those two outs (or hell, even just gives up a deep flyball out for the first) then the Cubs lose right there.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Could Lester and Ross just conceivably start tomorrow's game? Neither threw more pitches than you'd throw in a regular off day bullpen session.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Cubs and Nats are never going to play again.

Triple header tomorrow baby.

Realtalk though, is there a minor league stadium nearby? Rosters have expanded, just split squad this poo poo and have two concurrent games spring training style.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I don't know how to feel about Jamie Garcia starting for the Cubs.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Is this a secret Chatwood start?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cubs went out and signed left handed Chatwood, reality predictably ensues.

At least Hamels is going game 2.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Why? Seriously, why burn the bullpen instead of let Garcia throw 100 and die on the mound to spare them for a game we can actually win?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Down 2 runs in the first inning to the blowingest team to ever blow leads and the game is over?

Scherzer

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If the Cubs come back to win a bullpen game where they'll be holding back their best relievers for game 2 of a doubleheader and have already spotted Scherzer a three run lead in the first, the Nats are truly the kings of chocking and I will not make another pessimistic post about the Cubs on SA until next year. That includes any potential postseason games. :toxx:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
A fantastic shitshow all around, hopefully we can split.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:rip: no-no

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

GalacticAcid posted:

Oh my god syndergaard just took a brutal comebacker

Yikes hope he's okay. He didn't even wait for the trainer to check him out, just handed the ball to the manager and walked off the field. :ohdear:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Carrots! :woop:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Why anybody would pitch around Schwarber right now is beyond me, he's in an awful funk.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh wow they turned that Javy error into a hit, which means those grand slam runs are now earned for Rodriguez. That's a bummer for him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hi,

Cole Hamels is really good.

Bye.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
One of these days I'll learn my lesson and not praise a pitcher before they've finished their night. :sigh:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So Joe is just gonna keep throwing Edwards out in high leverage despite repeatedly making GBS threads himself on the mound, huh? Okay. :sigh:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

Why not use Cishek?

MaddonShrug.gif

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bryant... clutch?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
loving Cubs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Joe just took David Bote out. Are you kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Great PH call there Joe.

Cubs are losing to the Nats and Bote is out of the game. loving gg, didn't need that lead over the Brewers anyway I guess.

• Locked thread