Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Hey, I've written some short piano pieces and put them on Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/konsek/sets/bagatelles-set-1

I would welcome any feedback. The first is a rondo and the other 3 are simple binary pieces. I'm hoping to write a sonata before Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
If you post the sheets I'll try adapting the melodies for treble clef instruments

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

All four are certainly of a style with the first being full Beethoven-era Romantic while the other four are quite (very late) Baroque. That said they communicate that style very well. Good job, I love them.

But C major and A minor are cheaters keys! :colbert:

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jonny Nox posted:

All four are certainly of a style with the first being full Beethoven-era Romantic while the other four are quite (very late) Baroque. That said they communicate that style very well. Good job, I love them.

But C major and A minor are cheaters keys! :colbert:

Thank you.

The first is actually the fourth one I composed but it's the one I am proudest of so I wanted it as the first one to be heard. Definitely Beethoven is a huge influence, also Rachmaninoff.

Haha, yes I know C major and A minor are cheaters keys but these are literally my first solo piano pieces and first pieces since going head first into learning music theory* so I let myself off. I think the modulations in the E minor piece make up for it though!

* Hey visit the music theory thread right here on SA! Shameless plug!

Coohoolin posted:

If you post the sheets I'll try adapting the melodies for treble clef instruments

Thank you for the offer, it's very kind of you, but that's actually something I'd like to try myself at some point.

Thank you both for listening and replying.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

"Cheater's Key" was a joke.

Beethoven's greatest symphonic movement was the Allegretto of his 7th Symphony. (Second Movement)

It was A-minor too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jonny Nox posted:

"Cheater's Key" was a joke.

Beethoven's greatest symphonic movement was the Allegretto of his 7th Symphony. (Second Movement)

It was A-minor too.

Hah, I know, I was trying to acknowledge the joke. That's actually one of my favourite movements, I particularly like the 1987 recording conducted by Roger Norrington. Also Beethoven's first symphony was in C major. That's not such a bad thing to aspire to either! :)

Konsek fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 4, 2018

• Locked thread