Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://m.france24.com/en/20180904-saudi-arabia-declares-online-satire-punishable-offence

Progressive nation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's legit a miracle how well AJ Styles has been booked and protected. He had stellar matches with Roman/Cena and even beat the latter clean. Whereas almost everyone from NXT, Shinsuke included, got shoved off at some point. I guess the lesson is: if you come up through NXT, you're hosed, unless your last name is Flair.

Samoa Joe maybe is the only other exception? He's consistently booked as a threat and has been thrown as everyone from Roman to Brock to AJ.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

-I think Drew and Dolph winning is good for the tag division.

It's super annoying to me, because I get so frustrated about wastes of storytelling time and focus even when I don't necessarily like the people benefiting from it, and the fact that we spent all this time doing, un-doing and re-doing a B-Team/Revival feud only to have Dolph and Drew just waste them out of nowhere and take the tag titles with no buildup is such a narrative waste, but they're also so objectively better and more high-profile for the tag division than what's been going on with it for like half a year that I can't help being pretty cool with it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
drew and dolph are designed to split up eventually so putting the belts on them and cutting the legs out of under one of the teams that's going to be in the division long term is dumb as hell

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At some point in the last week it sunk in to me that, huh, it was a long, jagged road but the Revival is getting a real push here. They're probably gonna be tag champs and hey, that's kinda cool.

Whoops.

Drew and Dolph aren't BAD tag champs but it kinda sucks that the Revival got shafted like that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It would have been so much cooler if Braun teamed up with the Authors of Pain instead.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
WWE booking something that defies conventional wisdom? :monocle:

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Jesus christ those Brie botches are embarrassing.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Dylan McKay posted:

Jesus christ those Brie botches are embarrassing.

I request gifs. Does anyone have gifs?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

I request gifs. Does anyone have gifs?

they're in the OP

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

drew and dolph are designed to split up eventually so putting the belts on them and cutting the legs out of under one of the teams that's going to be in the division long term is dumb as hell

The tag division isn't going to be important long term though

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they're in the OP

Yay.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Seemed like a wasted opportunity that the B Team weren't immediately destroyed by Drew and Dolph. As much as I enjoyed the dumb little B Team run they should have always been built to lose the titles in nothing short of a glorified squash match preferably to the Authors of Pain.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You're not at all wrong, but the tag division has fallen so impossibly far that cutting the legs out of a longterm team is virtually impossible to differentiate from how things have been operating nominally

like, thus far in 2018,
  • The Bar went 50/50 with Titus Worldwide, then squashed them repeatedly until they were no longer believable
  • The Bar then got squashed by Braun, repeatedly, and ultimately lost the tag titles to Braun and a 10 year-old child, who then vacated the belts because the child had to attend school
  • After feuding for five months, Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt abruptly became a tag team and won the belts, in Saudi Arabia, in a match with The Bar, who had already been traded to Smackdown
  • The Deleters of Worlds defended their titles against the likes of The Ascension and Slater/Rhyno before repeatedly losing matches against Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel, often by mistake
  • Dallas and Axel then won the titles and defended them also by mistake
  • After two weeks of potentially building The Revival as competitors, they're beaten up backstage by Dolph and Drew, who immediately win the titles out of nowhere
so, again, you're completely not wrong, but the division is in such dead loving waters that I'm still glad the belts are at least on a team that the writing takes vaguely seriously for the first time in half a goddamn year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm amazed how no one has mentioned yet how dumb it was to take Ellering away from AOP only to turn around a few months later and put them up with Drake loving Maverick

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Well, Ellering didn't want tour. There aren't really any other managers around and AoP have no personality of their own, so~

(It's still a real dumb fit.)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

pressedbunny posted:

Well, Ellering didn't want tour. There aren't really any other managers around and AoP have no personality of their own, so~

(It's still a real dumb fit.)

he denied this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Ellering said he had no issue with being on the road, and that nobody had given him any explanation/reason for removing him from AoP. Not even to say,"We want them to stand on their own" or anything.

DLC Inc posted:

Samoa Joe maybe is the only other exception? He's consistently booked as a threat and has been thrown as everyone from Roman to Brock to AJ.

Dunn: Hey Vince, check out that fat guy, hehehe
Vince: My God, that's John Belushi! Push him to the moon!
Dunn: But sir, that's no-
Vince: Do as I say :toughguy:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

yea ok posted:

he denied this

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, Ellering said he had no issue with being on the road,
Oh. Well then.

gently caress WWE. Have we said that enough yet? If not, gently caress WWE again. gently caress them. I know it's not new that they resent both tag teams and managers, but gently caress them anyway.

Oh god, I just remembered Sanity, too.

gently caress WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hot take: The B-Team were an absolute dead end act. Nothing was going to change that.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I legit forgot that Sanity exists. They might have had a quicker path to irrelevance on the main roster than the Ascension.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

It feels like NXT is like little league. They want you to succeed. They'll coach you, give you advice, and change things up that aren't working.

WWE main roster is like marine boot camp. They purposely try to encumber you. You think you can get over that mountain?? gently caress you, take this 90 lb backpack with you. You need a manager to talk for you? gently caress you, we're taking him away from you. Oh, and if you don't get over you were never any good to begin with.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hot take: The B-Team were an absolute dead end act. Nothing was going to change that.

who cares. everything is a dead act. ziggler and mcintyre are also going nowhere plus they suck. the B Team was funny and novel. for gods sake

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wouldn't be surprised if WWE thought Ellering was too old to put on TV.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Baron Corbin posted:

who cares. everything is a dead act. ziggler and mcintyre are also going nowhere plus they suck. the B Team was funny and novel. for gods sake

this. mcintyre became a dead man walking the moment he was paired with ziggler

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mixed Match Challenge is coming back apparently.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1037114075023466496

Miz & Asuka
Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss
Rusev & Lana
Jimmy Uso & Naomi
Finn Balor & Bayley
Bobby Lashley & Sasha Banks
R-Truth & Carmella
Jinder Mahal & Alisha Fox
AJ Styles & Charlotte
Kevin Owens & Natalya

There are the teams this year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There ought to be some robots gimmicks and their manager is a slave to them.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Mixed Match Challenge is coming back apparently.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1037114075023466496

Miz & Asuka
Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss
Rusev & Lana
Jimmy Uso & Naomi
Finn Balor & Bayley
Bobby Lashley & Sasha Banks
R-Truth & Carmella
Jinder Mahal & Alisha Fox
AJ Styles & Charlotte
Kevin Owens & Natalya

There are the teams this year.

welp gently caress that r-truth carmella story they've been setting up then

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't think anybody disagrees (or ever disagreed) with this.

It's also another example of WWE doing the thing where they make a comedy act (face or heel) champions or involved in a match with somebody legitimate, and it's clear to all involved that they're out of their league.... then make the match 15 minutes long with the loser/joke wrestler/team holding their own or even dominating until the person they're facing who is supposed to be legit only barely manages to eke out a win.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 5, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Honestly I feel like Miz should be tagging with Maryse for this upcoming Mixed Match Challenge. She's going to be having a match at Hell in a Cell, and likely Evolution as well. It would let her get rid of ring rust and maybe improve.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Dunn: Hey Vince, check out that fat guy, hehehe
Vince: My God, that's John Belushi! Push him to the moon!
Dunn: But sir, that's no-
Vince: Do as I say :toughguy:

Well, to paraphrase the tag line for the accurate and much beloved John Belushi biopic Wired, for Samoa Joe every night was Tuesday night.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/TDC1987/status/1037117160781504512

Congrats to Smackdown for having 40% of the arena tarped off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

:agreed: completely

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Finn and Bayley forming Abs of Steel

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Revival are boring

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Worth noting that the Mixed Match Challenge tournament this season will have two matches per episode, and is in a round robin format. It's still 30 minutes per episode though, so expect the matches to be fairly short.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The B Team were loving terrible

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

$1 billion dollars

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Your future Flagship WWE Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's about the fans you don't see.

• Locked thread