Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody make a Brie-Trigger joke yet?

DarkstarIV posted:

Good news, its round robin style, so they'll get to lose to every other team on the list.

A round robin tournament is an interesting thing for WWE, have they ever done one before?

Also, Jinder and Foxy, SHOCKINGLY, have some history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-tte71APps

SatansOnion posted:

ok, I'll bite: why is Roman cosplaying as the Red Guy from Cow and Chicken?

HELLLLOOOOOO, it's me! No-Pants-Man Reigns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That poster totally makes it look like Braun and Roman are teaming up. What IS that.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I have to say that Bryan holding his arm like that at the end of his Almas match made me worried that something had happened and he either hurt his arm or could not feel it anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That poster totally makes it look like Braun and Roman are teaming up. What IS that.

lmao now this is one ending to Hell in a Cell I'd be completely okay way. Fuckin' 2018 Two Man Power Trip.

But seriously, shouldn't Roman be like. Dressed up like a crusader or something?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Do yourself a favor and watch Daniel Bryan's stories about Memphis Developmental on the latest episode of Story Time.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

R Truth is very good and my friend

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/TDC1987/status/1037117160781504512

Little Caesars Arena is horrible. No one wants to go there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

I dunno much about Lio Rush but he seems like the coke zero version Velveteen Dream. Or diet sam's choice cola.

He is Great Value ACH

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have to say that Bryan holding his arm like that at the end of his Almas match made me worried that something had happened and he either hurt his arm or could not feel it anymore.

Welcome to literally any time Daniel Bryan has sold a move since his first major WWE injury. Dude makes me so worried because he is both amazing at selling and often injured.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AsInHowe posted:

Would you compare it to any specific animal?

But yeah I remember Hell in a Cell in Detroit had a ton of empty seats too.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

is pepsi ok posted:

Do yourself a favor and watch Daniel Bryan's stories about Memphis Developmental on the latest episode of Story Time.

That same story is in his book. The cartoon makes it extra pathetic. Man wwe storytime gets better every season.

VJeff posted:

Anybody make a Brie-Trigger joke yet?

A round robin tournament is an interesting thing for WWE, have they ever done one before?

Also, Jinder and Foxy, SHOCKINGLY, have some history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-tte71APps

HELLLLOOOOOO, it's me! No-Pants-Man Reigns!

This is why jinder is back to his meditation shaman gimmick. See, WWE DOES plan ahead

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

So Roman is the literal devil and Braun's a dragon goat?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Shame MMC is filmed on Tuesdays, I woulda liked to see Ronda team up with Dean Ambrose or something. I’d settle for Ronda + Roman too. Then again her being in would spoil the winner like Asuka being in the last one did

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VJeff posted:

Would you compare it to any specific animal?

But yeah I remember Hell in a Cell in Detroit had a ton of empty seats too.

The shows at the Joe were always packed. Good thing LCA decided to gently caress up ticketing this year. That'll put butts in the seats.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
why the gently caress isn't the match that could totally end in DQ with Joe and AJ taking place in a fuckin Cell?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

why the gently caress isn't the match that could totally end in DQ with Joe and AJ taking place in a fuckin Cell?

So Jeff can jump off the cell.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Instead of using a black tarp they should utilize that amazingly bad looking real time CGI poo poo they've been doing and green screen in a crowd that will actually be cheering when Roman comes out so the visuals match the audio

If you're going to manipulate people go all the way with it

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

VJeff posted:

So Jeff can jump off the cell.

Well not everyone gets to choose what their final match will be so good on you Jeff

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fox: let’s see what our 1 billion bought us

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just every week let Bryan/Almas have a 15 minute match while Becky swears on commentary and it'll be fine.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Instead of using a black tarp they should utilize that amazingly bad looking real time CGI poo poo they've been doing and green screen in a crowd that will actually be cheering when Roman comes out so the visuals match the audio

If you're going to manipulate people go all the way with it

Give it time and they'll be rotoscoping in a crowd all the time and then Vince will have finally found the people who will cheer Roman.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

B-Team losing the tag titles is awful. God forbid we have a silly fun gimmick actually hold the titles instead of 2 heat vacuums.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Maybe they're trying to kill the heat on the titles completely so they can quietly merge the Raw and SD tag titles.

I mean, that's what Ziggler is -for-, right? Killing heat?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ziggler is the human version of dry ice.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

A fat geek who says he quits and then shows up for next weeks Raw, is Kevin Owens the fans?
quotin an old post that didn’t get enough love imo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Why's that? I'm in Detroit right now and a bartender spoke very highly of it, though that was mostly in contrast to the "getting murdered" aspect of the Joe.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gonz posted:

Ziggler is the human version of dry ice.

Dry ice produces a form of heat in the right circumstances.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jinder speaking normally makes his 75 year old smoker voice during his title run even funnier

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Why's that? I'm in Detroit right now and a bartender spoke very highly of it, though that was mostly in contrast to the "getting murdered" aspect of the Joe.

I went to Hell in a Cell there last year, and the upper bowl was cramped as gently caress (soooooo little space)

Not sure how that happens with a brand new arena.

The ticket prices are pretty dumb too

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My favorite thing about Dolph's gimmick is that it begins and ends with "chew gum in an annoying fashion."

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Kimoa Kid posted:

My favorite thing about Dolph's gimmick is that it begins and ends with "chew gum in an annoying fashion."
a tooth superkicked out of a human face forever

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
When the breakup happens and we're expected to cheer a face Dolph, it's gonna be rough.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/STRAIGHTFlRE/status/1037148485110226944

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

ozymandius1024 posted:

I went to Hell in a Cell there last year, and the upper bowl was cramped as gently caress (soooooo little space)

Not sure how that happens with a brand new arena.

By design so they can cram more seats in.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

We were too smart to go to that lovely Smackdown. Detroit used to get Steve Austin in zambonies and cement trucks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's the sound of angels

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Very disappointed in 205 Live. The only mention of the AoP was Drake telling Cedric that how Drake spends his Mondays is none of his business. There was a segment earlier in the show where Drake said that if Gulak and co went too far, he would be "forced to handle it" which constitutes a promise to me to show Rezar punching Jack Gallagher so hard that he dies, but they reneged on that promise.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I went to LCA for those rock orchestra dudes whose name I'm blanking on now and yeah the upper bowl isn't good and tickets are too pricy.

At least that show had pyro though!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

AsInHowe posted:

Not naming that place the Pizza Pizza Palace was a travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Astro7x posted:

Not naming that place the Pizza Pizza Palace was a travesty

Why would they name it after a Canadian restaurant?

• Locked thread