Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First, you join this discord as it is the main Destiny 2 PC Discord. You will always have people to play with: https://discord.gg/y9fdt63
Second, OP has info up front on what's in Season of Opulence right under here. Voila.
Third, Second Post is Current Patch Notes. Third Post is All Patch Note Major Changes if you've been gone since launch.

Oh, this is coming next year:

I-Welcome to Forsaken and the Season of Opulence
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZAnNh_y5Go

Destiny 2 is a looter shooter. It’s the PC equivalent of Diablo meets Halo. Plain and simple. You explore, you group up, you PvP, you PvE, you raid, you play solo...you play how you want to play.

II-Clan and Discord

There’s one discord for PC: https://discord.gg/y9fdt63

You join your clans in this order. There is a 100 person limit. There is clan chat in game now:

Serious Overchill
2 Chill 2 Serious
HOTDOG

If you are Euro, you have a clan to join: European Goon Squad

Serious Overchill:
[SNEK] Serious Overchill
https://www.bungie.net/en-us/ClanV2?groupId=2030183

[TIME] 2 Chill 2 Serious
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2119617

HOTDOG
HOTDOG: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2073935

If Euro:
European Goon Clan
This is European Goon Clan's page: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=3098751

This is the European Goon Clan's discord. Join this if you join their European clan: https://discord.gg/EMrKWZD

Now, you’re ready to actually play this game. Here we go with the SEASON OF OPULENCE:

What expansions should I buy? What are the expansions, and what do they include?

Forsaken, the big year 2 expansion, is $40 and buying it will also include the first two year 1 expansions, Curse of Osiris and Warmind. You can purchase Curse of Osiris and Warmind without Forsaken for $20, however you will not be up to date completely with content. The Annual Pass is for future expansions, explained below.

What is the Annual Pass?

The Annual Pass is a slightly different way of doing content drops for Destiny. The current annual pass you can buy encompasses all the upcoming DLC, in December, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019. **ADD PIC HERE**

Can I buy Annual Pass content individually?

No, the only way to purchase Black Armory, Joker's Wild, or Penumbra is through buying the entire Annual Pass.

Can I buy this game with all the expansions at once? What bundles are there?

Currently, there is a Legend Collection for $100 that will give you all of Destiny 2 including Forsaken AND the Annual Pass.

How do Crucible rankings work?

Valor is tied to Quickplay, and can only go up. Going on a winning streak causes it to go up faster. Glory is tied to Crucible, and an ELO-based system. Winning will make it go up, losing will make it go down. Winning streaks cause you to gain points faster, but there are no losing streak penalties apart from continuously losing the same amount of points. Infamy is tied to Gambit and works exactly like Valor, however there are more, smaller ranks, each gives you powerful gear on the first go through, and resetting requires 15,000 Infamy rather than Valor's 2000 to reset. Max Glory is 5450, and Fabled rank (required for Luna's Howl) is 2100.

What content is free and what is always apart of DLC?

The main content that will always be DLC exclusive are new raids, new locations, new exotics, and new quests. Everything else, such as the Leviathan, PvP, strikes, etc., you can still play. Crucible is combined into one playlist whether you have the DLC or not, so you can play new maps with people that do have the DLC, and those that do not. Gambit requires at minimum Forsaken to play. Iron Banner, seasonal events, new pinnacle reward quests, and other similar things are always available to everyone.

Where are Trials/Faction rallies?

They are confirmed to be returning in Season 42069

What/When is the daily/weekly reset times?

Weekly reset is 10 AM PST on Tuesdays, and daily reset is every day at 10 AM PST. Weekly reset will 'reset' all your powerful gear milestones, essentially letting you do everything that gives you powerful gear that you have already done over again, along with changing the Dreaming City, changing the Weekly Crucible Playlist, Nightfalls, opening or closing some specific activities, etc. If Bungie ever drops content on a day that's not a Tuesday, for example a raid, it will come at 10 AM. Daily reset also resets some daily milestones, such as your Crucible, Gambit, and Vanguard daily completion milestones, allows you to get more Daily Bounties, etc.

IN-GAME QUESTIONS

I can't seem to progress my power past a certain point. What am I supposed to do?

These are the soft caps for vanilla and Forsaken. In order to increase your power level beyond this point, you must do any activities with Gold icons next to them on the directory, leading you to something that rewards "Powerful Gear". These reset both weekly and daily, and the only way to get gear above your power level past these points. Prime engrams and all current raids (Last Wish, Scourge of the Past) will offer powerful rewards from each encounter the first time doing it on each character each week.

How long do raids take?

With experienced teams:
Leviathan, about 40 minutes
Eater of Worlds, about 30 minutes
Spire of Stars, about an hour
Last Wish, 1-2 hours
Scourge of the Past, around 45-60 minutes
Crown of Sorrow, 24 hours my dude and dudette

WHAT IS THE CURRENT META?(Updated June 1 2019)

PvP
Kinetic Weapons
* The Last Word (exotic)
* Outbreak Perfected (exotic)
* Ace of Spades (exotic)
* Service Revolver
* Thorn (exotic)
* Spare Rations
* Dust Rock Blues
* Bygones
* Duke Mk. 44
Energy Weapons
* Trust
* Luna's Howl (pinnacle)
* Not Forgotten (pinnacle)
* The Recluse (pinnacle)
* Jötunn (exotic)
* Badlander
* Retold Tale
* IKELOS Shotgun
* Right Side of Wrong
* Erentil FR4
* Twilight Oath
Power Weapons
* Hammerhead
* Wardcliff Coil (exotic)
* Thunderlord (exotic)
* Play of the Game
* Edge Transit
* Tractor Cannon (exotic)
* The Colony (exotic)
* Rocket Launchers
Exotic Armors
Hunter: * Gwisin Vest * Wormhusk Crown * Dragon’s Shadow * Shards of Galanor * St0mp-335s
Warlock: * Transversive Steps * Ophidian Aspect
Titan:
* One-Eyed Mask
* Insurmountable Skullfort
* Dunemarchers
* Synthoceps
* Lion Rampant
PvE (NOTE: Anything can be used in PvE to success, to an extent. These are simply the weapons considered to be very good in general for most content, however good rolls can make almost anything good/usable)
Kinetic Weapons
* Ace of Spades (exotic)
* Outbreak Perfected (exotic)
* Breakneck (pinnacle)
* Spare Rations
* Threat Level
* [Blast Furnace[(https://www.light.gg/db/items/3843477312/blast-furnace/) [Go Figure](https://www.light.gg/db/items/4138174248/go-figure/) (same archetype)
* Tigerspite
* [Chattering Bone]
Energy Weapons
* Kindled Orchid
* The Recluse
* IKELOS Shotgun
* Oxygen SR3 (pinnacle)
* The Ringing Nail
* Jötunn (exotic)
* Trust
* Sole Survivor
* Nation of Beasts
Power Weapons
* Thunderlord (exotic)
* One Thousand Voices (exotic)
* 21% Delirium (pinnacle)
* Hammerhead
* Whisper of the Worm (exotic)
* Outrageous Fortune
* Edge Transit
* Bad Omens
* Wardcliff Coil (exotic)
* Tractor Cannon (exotic)
Exotic Armors:
Hunter:
* Raiden Flux
* Celestial Nighthawk
* Ophidia Spathe
* Orpheus Rig
* Shards of Galanor
Warlock: * Lunafaction Boots * Crown of Tempests * Ophidian Aspect * Chromatic Fire * Phoenix Protocol
Titan: * Insurmountable Skullfort * Doom Fang Pauldron * One-Eyed Mask

OPULENCE RELATED QUESTIONS
Complete Overview of the Season with Changes, Additions, and More
How do you use the Chalice of Opulence
From Bungie:
* 1. Earn runes to slot on your Chalice through the following:
* Completing weekly bounties
* Opening up the weekly chests on the new Nessus Barge
* Using a consumable that will reward you a rune after a strike, Crucible, or Gambit completion
* The same consumable will also give other players in your fireteam a chance to earn an additional rune
* 2. Slot the runes into your Chalice before you enter the Menagerie
* 3. Play the Menagerie to earn your rewards
* 4. Completing the Menagerie will award you the gear you chose with your rune selections
* Each rune affects what you receive and some of its properties, depending on how you slot them

What are the pinnacle rewards for this season?

Crucible: Revoker — Kinetic Sniper — Reversal of Fortune: Missing a shot returns the bullet to the magazine after a short duration; Ambush sight and Snapshot
Vanguard: Wendigo-GL3 — Adaptive Arc Grenade Launcher — Explosive Light: Picking up an Orb of Light increases the next grenade’s blast radius and damage; Blinding Grenades
Gambit: Hush — Solar Combat Bow — Archer’s Gambit: Hipfire precision hits grant a massive draw speed bonus for a short duration

BLACK ARMORY RELATED QUESTIONS

How do I got Le Monarque/Jötunn?

Le Monarque is a completely random drop after completing either the Izanami Forge or the Gofannon Forge. For Jötunn, you must complete the Bergusia Forge with a powerful frame, and only then is there a chance for it to drop.

How do I start the quest to unlock the Gofannon and Izanami Forges?

For the Gofannon Forge, you must defeat Fallen on Nessus, and for Izanami, defeat Vex on Nessus. Eventually, one of these enemies will drop the quest.

Is there any specific way to get the 'rare bounty' for the Izanagi's Burden quest?

Unfortunately no, you just have to be lucky that one will drop.

JOKER'S WILD RELATED QUESTIONS

How do I begin the Thorn quest?

You must first go to the Salt Mines, an area in Trostland in the EDZ. On how to get there exactly, refer to this gif.

How do I get Outbreak Perfected?

Here is a complete guide on the steps. Here is a complete video guide.

FORSAKEN RELATED QUESTIONS

What are the cats that I'm seeing in the Dreaming City and what am I lacking?

From doing public events and some other things in the Dreaming City, there is a chance a 'small gift' will drop, which you can give to the cats for gear.

How do I get my second and third new subclass paths?

In order to get the second, you do the Blind Well in the Dreaming City and hope that a Spark of Light drops, it can drop from Tier II or Tier III. The third either drops from the first encounter of the raid or speaking with Mara Sov in her throne world, after giving the Offering to the Oracle in the third week of the Dreaming City's cycle.

What is an Ascendant Challenge?

These can be completed by first getting a consumable, from random drops in chests in the Dreaming City, called a Tincture of Queensfoil, activate it, then go to the Ascendent Portal, wherever that may be during the week. You can also buy these consumables from skulls in the depths of Harbinger's Seclude.

How do I get Malfeasance?

In order to get the Malfeasance quest to drop, you must play Gambit and hope for a special boss to spawn, then defeat it to hopefully get it to drop. It is known that the spawn rate for this is extremely low. Afterwards, follow the steps on the quest to eventually lead you to Malfeasance.

How do I get Wish-Ender?

Wish-Ender's quest only appears on the 3rd week of the Dreaming City's cycle, in quest that takes the form of a dungeon, located in The Confluence (reach this by going through the Gardens, and continually linearly through the taken portals), which acts like a mini three-man raid. After this you will be able to get Wish-Ender from the statue that you can interact with after completing the dungeon.

What breaks the immune objects/eggs in the Dreaming City?

Wish-Ender. You get Dreaming City weapons and armor from breaking them.

What is the point of Blind Well/what can I get from it?

The Blind Well can award three things. Firstly, there is a chance it will drop the second Seed of Light for your second subclass path from Tier 2, guaranteed from Tier 3. You also must to Blind Well repeatedly for a weekly Petra bounty, which awards an Offering to the Oracle, which awards powerful gear, which also gives you a Purification Bounty for a special mod for Dreaming City armor that increases all damage done while in the location. Finally, Tier 4 will drop a piece of very powerful gear (~10 above your highest power) which also has a high chance to be a Dreaming City curated, tier 10 masterworked weapon.

How can I get my second and third Seeds of Light for 2nd and 3rd subclass trees?

You can get your seeds of light from Tier 2 or Tier 3 of the Blind Well, from visiting Mara Sov's Court by using an Offering to the Oracle on the highest curse week in the Dreaming City, or by completing the first encounter of the raid.

III-Classes

First off, here’s the new stuff:

Here are all the new supers:

Here’s all the new subclass paths that will be with Foreskin.

Hunter
Arcstrider: Way of the Current:
Gunslinger: Way of a Thousand Cuts:
Nightstalker: Way of the Wraith:

Titan
Sentinel: Code of the Commander:
Striker: Code of the Missile:
Sunbreaker: Code of the Devastator:

Warlock
Dawnblade: Attunement of Grace:
Stormcaller: Attunement of Control:
Voidwalker: Attunement of Fission:

V-Planets
Planets and Leveling (What to Do)

The Current Map

Congratulations! You are going to take your cool self down to some planets and whoop up some Cabal, Fallen, Skorn, Taken, Cabal again, and Vex amongst other things. I’ll let pictures do the talking here so you know where you’re going:

Earth: Very large, lots of activities. You go here a lot.

Pictured Above: Gary, IN in the year 2029, when this game takes place

Titan: My favorite. The aesthetic is incredibly beautiful. Small moon. You come here to chill in the content in my opinion.

Pictured Above: A nice young man overlooks a giant planet made entirely of green piss.

Io: Medium moon. You’ll stay busy here. Lots of color here.

Pictured Above: What a castle looks like on mushrooms.

Nessus: Awesome place. Second largest after Earth (pre-Expansion). So much to explore.

Pictured Above: When Puzz 3-D goes wrong.

Mercury: Smallest planet ever. Smallest space. Very orange and brown. Not a lot of love for this place.

Pictured Above: A gentleman looks to stare at that distance for 24 hours straight, claiming it will give him 20/10 vision.

Mars: Very cool place and comparable to Io in size. Escalation Protocol will keep you busy! A lot to do and explore for a medium size.

Pictured Above: Remember Sojourner? This was its fate.

Tangled Shore: This is the Reef. It’s the new largest destination in all of Destiny 2, surpassing EDZ. Connected by asteroids.

Pictured Above: I tried to do this with my house once after a massive tornado came through and wiped it out. Results didn’t quite turn out like this.

Dreaming City: Endgame! More to come. It’s the size of Nessus.

Pictured Above: Where David Bowie lives in classic movie Labyrinth. Bungie got the rights to use it.

The Farm: That riveting early game content that Bungie made into a big deal. Would probably make for a hilarious PvP map at this juncture.

Pictured Above: Spoiler alert, this is where your guardian goes to till the land and grow sugarcane.

Traveler: This is town. I’ll post a separate section below.

Vanguard: Strikes (dungeons you do with people via matchmaking or co-op with friends), and Nightfall (Strike of the Week and needs co-op).

Crucible: PvP. 4v4, 6v6 and Free for All. Plenty of modes and more to come. Here’s a guide with all the modes (not including the new Breakthrough mode). https://www.usgamer.net/articles/29-06-2018-destiny-2-crucible-maps-guide

Gambit: Brand new PvE/PvP destination. This all-new hybrid 4v4 mode combines the best of PvE and PvP. Two teams of four race to summon a Primeval enemy and be the first to burn it down. Disrupt the other team by sending a combatant blocker or invading directly with one of your own players.

Shoot Aliens until they’re dead. Your enemies will get stronger over time, so work together to defeat them quickly.

Pick up the motes that drop when your enemies fall. You can hold up to 15, but you lose them if you die.

Drop your motes in the center structure. Earn a blocker by depositing 5, 10, or 15 motes at once. Summon a Primeval when your team banks 75 motes.

When your bank reaches 25 and 50, you can send one player through a portal to invade the opponent's arena with one goal: disruption.

4 maps, 3 races, 36 different combinations of ways to play

A map example:

VI-Activities on Planets:

Patrols—Short missions along the lines of “Defeat 10 Cabal Legionnaires” or “Scan this point and explore this part of the world”. It opens up the map a bit.

Adventures—Additional Story Content. These are lengthier. They are fun to do and usually easy. There is a heroic mode for these too which make them tougher and are more rewarding. If you’re into lore, do these.

Public Events—Regular and Heroic. They have triggers that make them heroic and more rewarding. This is your world event stuff. You’ll always find plenty of these to do. They’re on a timer and you’ll be doing them forever.

Escalation Protocol—“9” person content which is essentially a horde mode. 7 rounds. It’s a blast. Get through the waves and earn some exclusive items. It’s not soloable. You’ll want to coordinate in clan chat and discord.

Lost Sectors—Solo, short dungeons. Plain and simple.

Blind Well--a 3-6 person endgame PvE activity which revolves around players fighting waves of Scorn, Hive, or Taken whilst evading clouds of poisonous gas. Rewards from this activity include Dreaming City themed weapons and armor.

Outlaw Lost Sector--These offer an additional challenge by having players hunt down escaped convicts from the Prison of Elders and hunt them down in unique bossfights in familiar locales.

On specific planets, like Nessus and Dreaming City you have RAIDS: 6 person content. Requires great team coordination and mechanics you won’t find anywhere else in the game. Highly rewarding on gear.

Leviathan Raid: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/29...aid-walkthrough

Eater of Worlds Raid: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/29...raid-lair-guide

Spite of Stars Raid: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/29-06-2018-destiny-2-warmind-dlc-guide-release-date/spire-of-stars-raid-lair-guide

Last Wish Raid: https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/forsaken-last-wish-raid-guide

Scourge of the Past Raid: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a4ekrp/scourge_of_the_past_raid_guide/

Final Additions:

I highly encourage you to be social in this game. Discord is your best friend here. There are always a ton of people on. If you played this game before, give it a second chance. Popular opinion was the game was shallow at launch and hasn’t justly improved until the past few weeks. This is the expansion that changes the entire game up and resurrects this game.

ICR fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: PATCH NOTES 6/4/19 :ducksiren:

Season of Opulence Begins
Imperial Summons
All players who have completed Forsaken may acquire an Imperial Summons from Benedict 99-40 in the Tower. This quest grants Power Surge gear.

Crown of Sorrow raid begins at 4 PM PDT.
World First Rules may be found here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/47218

Sandbox
Weapons

Ace of Spades
No longer two-taps when paired with One-Eyed Mask's Vengeance perk if the victim has at least 4 resilience.
Memento Mori restored to 6 bullets, but bullets are now lost on stow.

Lord of Wolves
Release the Wolves perk can now be activated on special reload instead of on kill.
Normal burst damage decreased by 20%.
Release the Wolves non-precision damage decreased by 23%; precision damage decreased by 34%.

Sleeper Simulant
Reduced bounce damage against bosses, minibosses, and vehicles by 95%.
Reduced precision multiplier, but increased base damage by 66%.
This change results in precision shots dealing approximately the same damage as before, but you are punished less for landing non-precision shots.

Sturm and Drang
Storm and Stress max overcharge rounds increased to 99.
"Sturm Overcharge" buff text now displays the number of overcharge rounds.
Overcharge damage increased by 100% in PvE.
Fixed an issue where a 10% precision damage bonus remained on Sturm when it had used all its overcharge rounds.

Whisper of the Worm
White Nail perk now loads the magazine from reserves.
Increased ammo reserves to max 18 without armor perks.
Fixed an issue where White Nail would fail to activate under certain network conditions.

Luna’s Howl/Not Forgotten
RPM changed to 150; damage was adjusted to match other 150 RPM (lightweight) Hand Cannons.
These weapons still retain the Precision sub-archetype benefits and firing animation.
Magnificent Howl has been reworked.
Rapidly landing two precision hits now increases damage and range on your next shot.
The damage increase affects only non-precision damage, but the bonus range is applied regardless.
Fixed an issue where Magnificent Howl would be slow to activate under certain network conditions.

Fusion Rifles (Non-Exotic)
Damage increased against PvE combatants:
High-impact increased by 30%.
Precision increased by 44%.
Adaptive increased by 44%.
Rapid-fire increased by 47%.

Exotic Fusion Rifles

Note: Changes to Exotic Fusion Rifles are due to archetype tweaks and not direct changes; most of these are minor.

Jötunn
Changes affect PvE damage only.
Impact damage increased by 10%.
Detonation damage reduced by 15%.
DOT damage increased by 10%.
This results in an overall 5% increase in total damage.

Merciless
Damage of first bullet at slowest charge time increased by 30%, which decreases as the weapon reaches its fastest charge time. Damage at the fastest charge time is unchanged.

Telesto
Impact damage increased by 49%.
Detonation increased by 3%.
This is an overall damage increase of 4%.

Submachine Guns
Minor adjustment to idle pose for SMG archetype to help set it apart from the rifle archetypes.
Updated firing animations to better reflect the shooting experience of an SMG.

Dev Commentary: These changes apply to hipfire only, and do not impact accuracy. The goal of this change was to enhance the feeling of shooting an SMG. We’ve added a random fire pose that will add variation and make the gun feel a little more unstable and lively in your hands. We’ve also added a progressive fire animation that will give your Guardian a feeling of gripping and controlling the more active weapon during sustained fire.

Swords
General
Ammo capacity increased to a max of 70.
Starting ammo increased by 10.

Black Talon
Ground and aerial projectile ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.

Adaptive Frame
Ground uppercut ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.

Aggressive Frame
Now lunge at target with their aerial light attack.
Light attack consolidated into a single damage event.
Slam attack consolidated into a single damage event.
Slam attack ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.

Lightweight Frame
Tuned damage output.
Ground light attack increased by 17%.
Aerial light attack decreased by 21%.
Ground dash attack increased by 87%.
Aerial dash attack increased by 78%.
No ammo aerial light attack decreased by 49%.
All other no-ammo attacks decreased by 15%.
Ground dash attack ammo cost increased from 2 to 3.

General
Fixed an issue where magazine-size indicators didn't display the proper arrows when changing magazine perks on the Breath of the Dragon and Trackless Waste SMGs.
Truesight’s “weakened” enemy highlight or glowing will no longer appear to flicker erratically.

Armor

Super-Generating Exotic Armor
Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Orpheus Rigs, and Phoenix Protocol now grant Super energy back on diminishing returns, making it rarer to get a full Super back.
Shards of Galanor and Ursa Furiosa had their Super gain caps reduced to be in parity with other Super Exotic changes.
Adjusted amount of Spectral Blade Super restoration when defeating enemies with Gwisin Vest.
1 PvP kill = 11.1% → 8.3%
2 PvP kills = 19.1% → 12.5%
3 PvP kills = 20.8% → 14.2%
4 PvP kills = 21% → 15.8%
5 PvP kills = 21% → 16.7%
1 Dreg kill = 7% → 11.1%
2 Dreg kills = 17.7% → 14.3%
3 Dreg kills = 20% → 16.5%
4 Dreg kills = 20.9% → 16.9%
5 Dreg kills = 21% → 17.1%
Minor adjustments to the Heavy Ammo Finder perk.

Gemini Jester
Increased duration of disorient and no-radar effects by 0.5 seconds.

Aeon Gauntlets
Potency of energy given by Aeon Arms increased for all classes.
Titans now trigger Aeon Arms off of melee kills instead of barricade, and they receive melee energy.
Visual effects on Aeon Gauntlets altered for all classes to distinguish between a player whose energy is full or not.

Abilities
Fixed an issue where “Six-Shooter” refunds a bullet when destroying Titan barricades.
Fixed an issue where “Entropic Pull” melee and “Devour” melee were applying a physics impulse that pushed enemies away.
Fixed an issue where using Chaos Reach with Geomag Stabilizers could sometimes lead to weapons disappearing.
Fixed an issue where players could gain full grenade energy when canceling out of a Nova Warp Super.
Fixed an issue where Combination Blow’s melee damage buff was buffing the Arc Staff Super in PvP environments.
Note: This was addressed for PvE in a previous update.
Moving between overlapping Wells of Radiance no longer lead to removing the buff earlier than expected.

Investment
Clans
Clan XP has been reset for Season 7 start.
A new weekly bonus bounty has been added for Season 7. This bounty is available at the max clan rank.

Emotes
The Luxurious Toast emote now allows players to sit for as long as they desire.

Eververse
The Eververse storefront has been updated.
For additional information, please see: This Week at Bungie - 5/23/2019
Cayde’s Exotic Stash items have been added to Eververse’s Bright Dust inventory for weeks 1–4.

Rewards UI/UX
The Pursuits inventory has been moved to the Director menu.
Players may now hold up to 63 pursuits at a given time.
Catalysts are now tracked on the Triumphs page.
Updated Taken and Fallen armor mods to follow the same naming convention.
All shader items have had their icons updated.
Fixed an issue where the action for applying shaders, ornaments, holograms, or using consumables was getting cancelled and not applying on the first attempt.

Note: There are still actions that will cancel the apply function, such as hitting the “Preview” button, exiting Inventory early, letting up on the “Apply” button too early, or completely moving the cursor off of the item being applied.

Vendors
Benedict 99-40
Relocated to the Annex in the Tower.

The Gunsmith
Now offers three daily and two weekly weapon-focused bounties, rewarding Enhancement Cores, mod components, and mods.
Scrapper bounties will no longer drop when dismantling gear.
Existing scrapper bounties will remain in your inventory until expiration or completion.

Xûr
Now properly offers random rolls on Exotic armor after refusing to do so in Destiny 2 Update 2.2.1.
We’ve had a chat with him; if something like this happens again, he’ll be in trouble.

Drifter/Vanguard
Weekly reward packages from the Allegiance quest have been retired with the conclusion of Season of the Drifter.

Fixed an issue where some players wouldn't see updated vendors and bounty lists after the weekly reset occurred.

General
The Sony-exclusive Hunter armor set “Red Moon Phantom Suit” should no longer appear in Collections for Xbox and PC players.
Fixed an issue where weapon engrams were incorrectly appearing as Masterworked in the loot stream if a player’s inventory was full when walking over them.
Fixed an issue where Arbalest could not be acquired by players who do not own the Annual Pass.

Activities
Raids
Further addressed GUITAR errors that could occur in the Last Wish raid.

Crucible
Players can no longer win Crucible matches by getting kills after the timer has expired.
Fixes an issue where a player could hear the audio for a 20-kill streak but not receive the medal if the 20th kill happened after the match ended.
The Triumph "We Ran Out of Medals" (20-kill streak) will be rewarded if the final kills happen before the match timer ends.

Patrol
After activating the totem, killing the weekly wanted targets will now correctly complete the activity and bounty.

Heroic Adventures
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes load into a different Heroic Adventure on Mars than what was being displayed on the Totem.

Tower
Fixed issues with two Ghost scannables in the Tower
“The one about the Speaker’s quarters...” was moved to outside his door along the walkway.
“The one about Banshee-44 and his old location...” was moved and placed on the ground in the corner.

Niobe Labs/Bergusia Forge
Fixed an issue where players on PC were experiencing crashes traversing Niobe Labs and Bergusia Forge spaces.

Commando/Zero Hour
Fixed bug where players could freeze the activity timer in Zero Hour mission.
Fixed bug where the Heroic version of Zero Hour would be available only on the first character to complete the activity on each account.

Misc.
Fallen mines are no longer impervious to being destroyed while on the ground.

ICR fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 4, 2019

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Patch Changes Over Time:

WHAT HAS CHANGED SINCE I LAST PLAYED?

UPDATE 1.1.2 (January 25th):

Masterworks:

Masterwork Cores were added to the game granting the ability to masterwork Legendary Weapons and Armor pieces. The only way to obtain them is by dismantling Masterworked Weapons/Armor. They can randomly drop from Engrams, but have a higher chance of dropping by doing the Raid, Trials of the Nine or the Nightfall.

WEAPON MASTERWORKS:

Gives you the ability to add an extra point to one of the stats of a weapon. (Stability, Range, Handling, etc.)

ARMOR MASTERWORKS:

Gives you the ability to change the main Stat of the Armor to Resilience, Mobility or Recovery. This also adds extra resilience to your armor when your super is active.

UPDATE 1.1.3 (February 27th):

Nightfall Scoring:

Nightfall Scoring was introduced into the game which changed how Nightfalls work. All timers have been removed, instead, the goal is to reach a higher score by killing enemies.

NIGHTFALL CHALLENGE CARD:

This will be given to you after completing a Nightfall for the first time after this update. You use this to modify your Prestige Nightfall run. By increasing the Handicap, which lowers your Light Level, killing enemies grants you more points, but this also makes them stronger and harder to kill. This has a maximum of 45. Within this card there is also an option to choose Solar, Arc or Void burn, which will increase the damage of that type, but this also means enemies’ weapons with that element will deal more damage.

OTHER ADDITIONS:

Nightfall Emblem Variants were added. These emblems randomly drop from playing the Nightfall. Each Nightfall >has 4 variants, and will show the highest score reached on that particular Nightfall.

Crucible Emblem Variants were added. These emblems will show off the total Guardians you’ve killed in the Crucible.

PC Public Chat (Opt-In) was added. This only applies in Social Spaces.

UPDATE 1.1.4 (March 27th):

Nightfall Strike Unique Rewards:

With this update, there were 3 weapons, 2 sparrows, 1 ship and 1 ghost added to the Loot Pool for Nightfalls. Each Nightfall has it’s own reward. A higher Score in Nightfalls will give you a higher chance of obtaining these weapons.

VANILLA:

The Inverted Spire: Trichromatica (Exotic Ghost Shell)

Pyramidion: Silicon Neuroma (Sniper Rifle)

Exodus Crash: Impact Velocity (Exotic Sparrow)

The Arms Dealer: Tilt Fuse (Exotic Sparrow)

Savathûn's Song: Duty Bound (Kinetic Auto Rifle)

CURSE OF OSIRIS:

Tree of Probabilities: D.F.A. (Kinetic Hand Cannon)

A Garden World: Universal Wavefunction (Exotic Ship)

OTHER ADDITIONS:

Massive Sandbox Changes: The Go Fast Update. For further details, see HERE

Iron Banner 6v6 was introduced.

Mayhem and Rumble were brought back in a rotating playlist together with Iron Banner.

Quitting Competitive matches regularly will result in a temporary restriction from playing Competitive.

Competitive and Trials of the Nine now longer have a Radar.

UPDATE 1.2 (May 8th; Warmind Expansion)

See HERE for all details.

Highlights include:

Addition of Doubles to weekly PvP playlist

Numerous buffed, updated exotics

Introduction of Multi-Emote, allowing for multiple emotes to be equipped at once

Increase in power level difference between enemies and players in PvE

Addition of Heroic Strike modifiers

Introduction of Season Crucible Rankings

Introduction of Season Vendor Rankings

Removal of Raid and Trials Clan engrams granting Raid and Trials weapons

Introduction of the Prismatic Matrix for Eververse

Update 1.2.3 (July 17)

Bounties

Daily bounties for Crucible and Strikes have been added to be picked up from Shaxx and Zavala respectively.

Catalysts for Legend of Acrius, Telesto, and Sleeper Simulant are now available as rewards from Prestige “Leviathan,” Prestige “Leviathan, Eater of Worlds,” and Prestige “Leviathan, Spire of Stars,” respectively.

Added Prestige Raid Lairs, which have rotating modifiers and fixed loadouts.

Slightly increased drop rate for strike catalysts

Decreased effects of Blackout, Grounded, and Glass Heroic Strike modifiers

Exotic Armor Updates: Buffed several pieces of exotic armor; for more details, read here

Changed Quickplay to 6v6, removed Supremacy

Made 6v6 Supremacy apart of the rotating weekly playlist

Made Rumble permanent

Removed Prismatic Matrix, as everything had been rotated through

Added the "The Whisper" story mission to the game, a secret exotic quest for the weapon Whisper of the Worm

UPDATE 2.0 (August 28th)

Pre-load of Forsaken

Weapon slots changes (Primary, Special, Heavy, with Kinetic and Energy in either of the first two, Heavy in heavy with some exceptions, see Patch Notes for full details)

Time to kill reduction in Crucible

Numerous tuned subclass perks exotics, weapon perks

Removal of Heroic Strikes in favor of Forsaken Strikes

Xür no longer shown on map or tied to Flashpoint

Vault increased to 500 slots

Major changes to director and milestone systems, quests, exotic quests, and more in how they are accessed and displayed

Ability to choose from three different Nightfalls each week

...and much more. See 2.0 Patch Notes for FULL detail on each of these changes and everything else.

UPDATE 2.0.0.1 (September 4th; Forsaken Expansion)

Added PS4 exclusive year 1 exotics and strikes to the loot pool for Xbox and PC.

Changed and buffed many different exotics

Heroic Strikes are now retired and replaced by Forsaken Strikes and Daily Heroic Story missions. Forsaken strikes can be 400, 500, or 600 power; re-added Exodus Crash with several changes to the game.

Iron Banner will no make power matter

Added Gambit for those with Forsaken

Added random rolls for all Year 2 Weapons

Added Collections and Triumphs, a massive addition that can track progress and everything that has been dropped for you in some way or another since a bit before Warmind.

Can buy shaders, year 1 weapons and armor, exotics, sparrows, and ghosts from collections for a small price

Max power increased to 600, max level to 50 for Forsaken owners

Increased cost for infusion, will now require masterwork cores and planetary materials, which The Spider in the Tangled Shore will sell as well

Year 1 weapons and mods no longer drop; year 1 mods replaced with new mod system, mods can be acquired from dismantling drops with said mods, and then applied to other gear

Three of Coins retired

Added Eververse bounties that reward Bright Dust

FULL PATCH NOTES
UPDATE 2.1 (November 27th; Pre-Black Armory)

Tuned and overall buffed Spectral Blades

Changed Trench Barrel (IKELOS Shotgun, now a rollable perk on some shotguns) to deactivate after three shots

Changed Ace of Spades's Memento Mori perk to refresh after every kill-reload, not requiring all overpowered bullets to be used, and made it 5 instead of 6 bullets

Added Machine Gun related perks rollable on armor

Mayhem now back in rotating weekly playlist

Added Lockdown and Showdown to rotating playlist, and two new gold tier Crucible medals

Made Valor ranks subdivided into several smaller ranks, similar to how Infamy is

Added three new pinnacle weapons for Gambit, Vanguard, and Crucible, details here

Improved load times on console for loading into activities

FULL PATCH NOTES

UPDATE 2.0.0.1 (December 4th; Black Armory)
UPDATE 2.2.0 (March 5th; Joker's Wild)

Clan Bounty Changes

Significant sandbox tuning to all shotgun archetypes (x2 damage in all of PvE), Grenade Launchers, Rocket Launchers, and other weapon types

More sandbox changes to Exotics

Power cap 700 for (minimum) Forsaken owners

Armor can once again roll with Recovery, Resilience, or Mobility

Addition of Powerful Surge bounties to reach 640

New Pinnacle Weapons: Link

Xür now sells Forsaken exotics

Addition of Gambit private matches

Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death: The Primeval is immediately summoned; Player Supers/grenades/ability/melee are immediately filled, so both teams are on an even playing field; Super/grenade/ability/melee regen are increased for the remainder of the round

GAMBIT PRIME

This little game we call Gambit has evolved. This is where you prove you’re a Gambit veteran! Choose a specific combat role and build a new armor set with perks that will change the game. With only one round to choose the winner, teamwork will be king. Image Link

THE RECKONING - Winning a round of Gambit Prime is just the beginning. The Drifter has a whole new extension of the Destiny endgame. Take your rewards and risk them in a new challenge that belongs to the Nine. Confront swarms of enemies to unlock greater rewards that you can take with you into battle. Image Link

FULL PATCH NOTES
UPDATE 2.3 (June 4, Penumbra)

Season of Opulence Overview: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47866

Season of Opulence Bungie Page: https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/SeasonOfOpulence

ICR fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 4, 2019

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Cool thread

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Same, op

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ground floor! :boom:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

hey guys I just paid ACTUAL MONEY for this game and it's not the GREATEST GAME EVER. Bungie messed up bigtime

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i will play this game tomorrow.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DESTINY PC THREAD IS BACK, BABY, AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Hey look a vex milk waterfall

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
lets do it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RocketRaygun posted:

hey guys I just paid ACTUAL MONEY for this game and it's not the GREATEST GAME EVER. Bungie messed up bigtime

Hey uh try back tomorrow pal

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
drat that op has more content than the destiny 2 endgame heyoooo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
ah a new thread

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Hell yeah!

Destiny 2 good!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

We're all gonna be bitching real hard in a week

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Psycho Landlord posted:

I mean what else do you do in the endgame

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Actually once Gambit takes off as an esport we're going to become famous and rich as the #1 Gambit team in the world.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

DrNutt posted:

Hey uh try back tomorrow pal

I mean, I'm hoping that that is the one single post about how much destiny costs that we'll see in the whole thread. Just get it out of the way here and now and we are done, right guys?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's a package for 69

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Psycho Landlord posted:

As if people will wait that long

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RocketRaygun posted:

I mean, I'm hoping that that is the one single post about how much destiny costs that we'll see in the whole thread. Just get it out of the way here and now and we are done, right guys?

In an age long past, I would probably have replied with an image of a bearded dragon, with text superimposed to imply that the bearded dragon was laughing at this post. But alas such things are lost, along with many such relics of the Golden Age.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
first page

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/3/17806648/destiny-2-forsaken-gambit-preview-impressions

Lots of praise for Gambit mode. ^^^

So, we won't be this guy:

And instead, we'll be this guy:

That joy you get when you see infrastructure for the first time...and infrastructure smiles back.

:allears:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

rofl ok thats a good one ^

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

No idea if I made a mistake buying in to this but I'm at least intrigued enough to chance it, based on Gambit being amazingly loving fun during the preview--DESPITE my depression-encouraged guilt when I have bad matches :v:

Fingers crossed!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Elysiume posted:

As if people will wait that long

I mean this is going to be what happens but eh what the hell

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
You wont fool me again ICR.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

By the way someone asked how bad I really could be at PvP and my usual KDR is about 0.7 without being significantly better in objective scores or whatever (zone control etc)

idk if it's my typical level of aggression (suicidally high probably, because i hate getting into standoffs) or iffy aim or what, usually i just attribute it to poor decision making in the heat of the moment because I'm aces at slower FPSes (my best being Mechwarrior Online but that barely counts)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 4, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ougher posted:

You wont fool me again ICR.

Fall for it this time. Just trust me one final time.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Ground floor. I won't even post icr_lies.jpg

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh god damnit I remember why I liked Titan back when I played on console: Its because I can get overshield from melee and become a full on punch wizard and run into crowds like an idiot.

I just started a warlock too :sigh:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thank you for posting the thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Will i need to have finished warmind to play foreskin tomorroe

I know there's a boost but I don't want to use that on my main if I can help it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Unlucky7 posted:

Oh god damnit I remember why I liked Titan back when I played on console: Its because I can get overshield from melee and become a full on punch wizard and run into crowds like an idiot.

I just started a warlock too :sigh:

Get the obsidian aspect gauntlets and be a punch wizard

Orv
May 4, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Will i need to have finished warmind to play foreskin tomorroe

I know there's a boost but I don't want to use that on my main if I can help it

You will probably have to complete Warmind campaign yes. For what it's worth it's like five total missions around two hours if you just bust through it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

You will probably have to complete Warmind campaign yes. For what it's worth it's like five total missions around two hours if you just bust through it.

Ughhhh

I spent like twenty minutes on the first one, the very end where you fight a yellow bar boss who summons wave after wave of help made me absolutely nuts

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I like Zavala, he's alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Hell ueah, I’ll be on the servers 7pm CEST (the best time zone for the best clan) playing myself some forsaken.