Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're not behind at all, because the new cap is 600 and nobody is even remotely close in any way at all.

Within 2 hours of playing, you'll be on par with people who spent the past month grinding.

Other than the huge spike you're going to hit trying to get through the campaign that is

Definitely don't do it before you hit 320, and probably a little more, whether you're boosted or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

32 clanmates on at once. The other clans are seeing the same results. What a kick rear end day for D2F.

We didn’t see these types of results at all on Warmind or CoO.

The hype is definitely real. Hope this all holds up!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pierson posted:

So if I played Destiny 2 on release and lasted barely a month they've either solved or begun to solve the problems I had with it?: That endgame was absolutely dogshit and consisted of doing NOTHING but weekly milestones and once you did them you logged off, that gear had zero variance and so 'builds' didn't really exist beyond incredibly basic "slightly faster vs slightly more HP", and that classes felt extremely under-powered and had almost nothing outside of armor class to differentiate them?

Speaking of that last one what does it mean when it says things like "using void abilities"? I don't remember my Titan having literally any active abilities whatsoever outside of the Super and a kind of energy shield he could spawn for a few seconds to hide behind. Do characters have more active skills now?

I really did like the gunplay in Destiny 2 and (most) of the world they had, but actually progressing past a certain point became a complete chore and dull as poo poo.

Void abilities means Void damage that comes from your class, so your special melee attack (either the one that gives shield on kill or the shield bash), your super and your grenades count as Void abilities. This is to differentiate it from Void damage from your guns which is much easier to deal.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1stGear posted:

Yeah, wow, the Spider's Wanted Bounties are absolute trash. Hope you have the name of every Lost Sector in the game memorized, otherwise you're going to be going to each one just to check the name, realize its not the one you want, and go back to a fast travel point to do it again.

Picked up a bounty that isn't in a Lost Sector? Cool, you're now waiting for the high-value target in an area to spawn. Better hope someone doesn't kill it before you find it!

lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Booze check
weed check
game check
alright lets go punch poo poo in the face

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If I want to blitz through the og campaign, is there an alternative way of getting upgrade points, or do I need to do the side quests that have them as rewards?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

OH YES MOTHERBITCHES THE DAB IS BBBBBBBACK

e: Now why is Suros a ghost holo?

:thunk:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 5, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guys I contacted Mr Bungie and I have added a patch note to the OP:

quote:

Desnity 2 PC OP-P: Yeah You Know Me
Patch .69.6.9.6969.696969.70

- Added a Table of Contents for lurkers and readers and players to find poo poo. Offered suggestion to maybe turn on monitor as well.

- Added instructions on how to navigate ToC

- Added secret content to the OP. You’ll have to read the entire first 3 posts to try to find it. Can you?????

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Bungie also launched a rewards program today.

https://www.pcgamer.com/earn-free-destiny-2-loot-in-the-new-bungie-rewards-program/

Make sure you sign up.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

So this bow is kind of absurd :stare:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Favorite part of the game so far is when your character talks

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Bows are pretty good if you have any projectile sense at all. They’re like discount sniper rifles that use white ammo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Elysiume posted:

Favorite part of the game so far is when your character talks

I was basically Lucille Bluth upon seeing Gene Parmesan when my guardian talked for the first time in Destiny 2 .

Kessel posted:

Bows are pretty good if you have any projectile sense at all. They’re like discount sniper rifles that use white ammo

Rolling with two bows and a sleeper was like rolling with a sleeper and two smol sleepers.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Mr Bungie also launched a rewards program today.

https://www.pcgamer.com/earn-free-destiny-2-loot-in-the-new-bungie-rewards-program/

Make sure you sign up.

Signed up, but the advertised companion app for Android is broken. No matter how hard you try, it just can't contact them servers. Please try again later

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Unsinkabear posted:

Signed up, but the advertised companion app for Android is broken. No matter how hard you try, it just can't contact them servers. Please try again later

This is Mr Bungie at their finest.

There is no escape.

Also, huge news and it’s worth the spoil: Dreaming City allows 6 man patrol. Confirmed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

game good

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/DamagedRelievedLeopard

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

that super is so much freakin fun

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is so insanely cool.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I keep expecting to see the words, "LOADING, PLEASE WAIT..." appear in my chat history while wandering around Tangled Shore. It's really got that "MMO Zone" feel down, where you have the significant landmarks visible in the distance, and a sizeable chunk of land to traverse and shoot around on.

e: gosh what an interesting array of concentric rings just kinda hovering ominously in this belt accretion storm

:thunk:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 5, 2018

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The Tyrannocide lore entries are basically Book of Sorrows 2, the triumphs might be my favourite bit of the whole expansion.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 396 days!
"This Whole Thing Smacks Of Fallen," i holler as i overturn my sister's supermax dungeon and turn the Prison of Elders into the Prison of poo poo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I feel as though I'm missing something. Other than mod upgrades and patrol materials, what else can I spend glimmer on?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Holy poo poo this game has actual interesting lore writing again

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Holy poo poo this game has actual interesting lore writing again
And you don't need to read it off a website!
Oh hey while I'm asking dumb questions... where does the clan staff ever show up other than inside the clan staff selection screen? I feel like I should know this...

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 5, 2018

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

With BfA from Blizzard being a current dumpster fire of decisions

I would like to know more

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Woo... this launched at 4 AM my time and I just got home from work to log in. However I'm staring at a wall of Y1 guns and armour and pondering... do I just burn it all? Really? That's... a thing that has to happen?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The weapons might still be useful for normalised PvP modes, but the armour perks are really significant and Y1 duds are pretty much useless in comparison

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I keep wondering why they decided to lock up a bunch of hive. I don't think that hive knight is getting out on good behaviour.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The answer to any question like that is probably "because Cayde thought it was funny"

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Don't think I've seen this mentioned in either thread, sorry if I'm late to the party.

But the chaperone and lord of wolves is back :woop:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I keep wondering why they decided to lock up a bunch of hive. I don't think that hive knight is getting out on good behaviour.

Imagine you capture a minion of dead. If you kill it, it will be like sending him home. So you put him in stasis.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Psycho Landlord posted:

So this bow is kind of absurd :stare:

I loving love it. It probably helps that it has about 70 levels on all my other guns but it feels so drat good to shoot.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Infusing an item to near cap:

Buying the item at 16 light levels below cap:

Don't infuse kids

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Is that for buying back from your collection? What determines the light level it comes out at? At 22 my collection is generating stuff at like 20-30 power below the actual dropped one I have equipped

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

wow breaking out of Nova Prospekt was fun

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Stormgale posted:

Infusing an item to near cap:

Buying the item at 16 light levels below cap:

Don't infuse kids

Infusing is for keeping good rolls on a weapon you like

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Can’t say I’m a fan of the planetary mats to infuse thing

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Kessel posted:

Can’t say I’m a fan of the planetary mats to infuse thing

Less annoying than the MW cores imo.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Last week I got legendary items for playing 1 crucible match, and another at 3. This week I I have to do 5. Is this some "first hit is free" poo poo, or a Forsaken change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
A forsaken change. It might be better at higher level, haven't tried yet.