Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Oh, this should be good.

Is the intent to build something that's a very focused replica of what was around in the fifties, or do you have your own preferences that you'll be incorporating?

How many concessions to modernity/safety are required to be allowed to run at the Bonnet illegal events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

LobsterboyX posted:

I want it to be as vintage as possible - the rules have changed a lot since the 40s and there is a lot more cage work to be done - the early examples of lakesters were all open top, most built these days have serious cages, aero and other modern tech behind them - I'm working on getting a physical copy of the rule book to sift through while I'm on the shitter - The good thing about this is that there are 2 of us working on this, so there is a possibility of actually running one or both of them for real - there's plenty of other events that don't require the same amount of safety equipment to participate, including TROG, RPM Nationals, Antique Nationals ect - however most of those are drag races and nothing even close to LSR kind of stuff.
Nice, nice. Just remember: The purpose of reading rulebooks is to be the guy that makes someone mutter "Oh, you bastard..." and rewrite next year's.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I suppose there's two approaches you could take - building it as per how it would have been done in period, or building it as you would if given free reign in the present day, just restricting yourself to only using donor components up to, say, 1955.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Congrats on the baby! Won't it be weird to have something that new in your house?

joat mon posted:

And curious about the significance of the c-rats.
Steve1989 is living in his basement. "Alright, mmm, nice, yeah."

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Yeah, a modern childseat, particularly if you can retrofit a car with mounts for this LATCH system (I assume that's the US equivalent of ISOFIX?) shouldn't be inherently unsafe.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

blindjoe posted:

My 2 year old found some old massage oil that we got at prenatal and decided that should be spread all around his room during a nap time. As mad as that made mom, it was our fault for not realizing that kids don't understand that you shouldn't spread oil around your room.
I don't even want to think about how difficult it must be to catch a well-lubricated toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

LobsterboyX posted:

Update:

I sold this to Steve1989MREinfo of YouTube fame...
Lol, called it!