Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

That looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

MomJeans420 posted:

Definitely just keep the rocket on top of the car all the time

Needs a stuffed doll in a flight suit holding a cowboy hat in one hand riding the top of it.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

You can say no to free. Free can be really expensive.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

The fast guy with the straight 8... It didn't happen to be in a 240sx did it?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

LobsterboyX posted:

no, but I know about that guy - my friends car is this

you're thinking of this insanity:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/08/car_feature_gt_gt_the_world_s_fastest_s13/

Got it in one. When you said land speed straight 8 I thought of that thing. Was gonna laugh if the world was that small.

They brought it to a shop used to work at to dyno tune it. Iirc it had a mechanical fuel injection setup they were trying to get working. It blew up, but man it made a sound before it did.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Awesome find and interesting writeup. Without your knowledge I'd have no idea it was rare at all, which is probably why that might be the only one.

^^^

I am glad to see it go to a good home. Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

heyou posted:

Posts like this are why I bookmarked this thread, I don't think it's boring at all reading stream of consciousness old car tinkering. I suspect most other regular readers would agree. We're on the journey with you, and it rules learning about all this old school stuff!

Same! Anything I can't plug a laptop into when there's an engine issue is black magic fuckery and learning about how it works is great.

Also the practical stuff about nla parts and finding ways to rebuild them.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

MrYenko posted:

:aaaaa:

Only Lobsterboy would end up with a fuckin prototype Miller banger head.

This fuckin guy, goddamn.

Also I know your dad and those cars. We're friends. He's that guy in the good way.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Oh my God $15.... used in that shape you could probably get close to 1k for it.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Your garage reminds me of an old Italian womans kitchen. It's not designed in any way that am architect, amateur, or shop tech would put it together. It's too small. It's too crowded with things that aren't tools or parts. The lighting isn't powerful enough and it's too darkly colored. Yet it's been molded to your form and your skills, and the product that comes out of there is beautiful.

You know that I have to much money and need a garage feel some pics have where nothing has a single scratch and the walls are unblemished and the floor is perfect epoxy and there's one neon sign or some poo poo on the wall?

Your post captures the feel of how much lbx's garage is the polar opposite of that. I dunno. It's got soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Those film photos are awesome.