Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

He returns! I was missing your threads man, they're always a joy to read.

Comedy suggestion so this isn't just back patting: Model T engine with one of the trick heads that makes it OHC (or even DOHC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

LobsterboyX posted:

trying to hash a deal - and yes it is the cockpit of a DC-3

Um

What's shipping like on that from the east coast to LA?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

LobsterboyX posted:

well thats interesting - I think thats a 47 special - whats that from?

The cover of the album "Frances the Mute" from the band The Mars Volta.

https://www.rockarchive.com/prints/m/mars-volta-mvol002st Small writeup from the photog who composed it.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

LobsterboyX posted:

a friend gave this to me - apparently spirited driving along the famous Mulholland highway has been something thats been going on for a long long time - there are many tales that I've heard over the years, but I can never really get a solid story out of anyone, but there are definitely people around who know more about it that are keeping tight lips. many years ago, after a few too many beers we decided to go looking for long lost cars that had washed out in the various canyons, I had actually seen one when I was very little, but don't remember anything about it or its location. there are very popular hiking trails all throughout the canyon system.. I've used these canyons to get to and from whatever job I've been on over the years - LA traffic sucks no matter what, but its more fun to take these canyons!

If you're curious, there's a massive thread over on Pelican Parts that has a lot of older folks chiming in about their experiences back in the 70s and 80s Mulholland racing scene. Lotta photos from back in the day too.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/323773-what-happened-mulholland-king-hill-rsr.html

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

The heck is that thing on the side? Is it an ancient battery or something?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Friend sent me this. Figured it would be of interest here...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

Awesome photos from Peterson. Disappointing they turned level 1 into a Tesla shrine.

Level 1 has always been a rotating exhibit sort of thing. There was a whole thing with Porsche a while ago, there was one where they had a bunch of cards and props from James Bond on display, there was a small display of the Warhol paintings done for Mercedes (along with the cars), etc. Looking on their site, the Tesla display is only going until October.