Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

LobsterboyX posted:

any normal hitch you put in the thing hits the full sized spare tire before you can get the pin in it - the only way I was able to tow my car trailer with the roadster on it was to live dangerously and go without the spare tire on a borrowed/modified ball hitch. In addition to that, I had to grind the hell out of my hitches to be able to fit in it - its not a standard at all, its 2 inch, but its almost slightly undersized

I bought a "shorty" hitch and that is not long enough to clear the bumper and the two little chain rings -

its also a bit high..

so in other words, its a pain in the rear end with it being in the bumper, there -

to me this is the answer:

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Draw-Tite/75095.html

Holy what a pain in the neck! That's a seriously lousy design coming from Toyota. Do they offer a factory hitch for it or something? Regardless the owner shouldn't have to crawl on the ground to fasten the pin. Bad user experience.

The hitch preserved in your quote is what I'd suggest. No square tube exhaust thing to distort under a heavy load or limit exhaust options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

LobsterboyX posted:

they are crap, and its time to get with the times. As soon as I get paid from this last little job I did, I'm buying one of these fuckers

alternator with generator look - FTW, I don't care anymore, I'm so sick of this poo poo its painful.

The fish glasses own! Also the Flintstone one is vaguely familiar...

As for generators, yeaaah. Just what they are. Swapping to an alternator? go for it. Its no different than points vs. Pertronix. At the end of the day its not about what charges the battery or what makes the coil fire. There's more than enough originality to keep the vehicle interesting even with a couple modern features hidden in. If its consistently inconsistent, its a pain. Sure its period correct in a way, but drat what a hassle when its impacting drivability on a regular basis.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

LobsterboyX posted:

why? why must things be like this...

this giant thing and the bridgeport behind it... ugh... how the hell am I going to move these things.

Uhaul and a cherry picker. Break it down, load it up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
re: finding the right balance.
Reach out to Centramatic. They make a dynamic balancer that slips on between the hub/drum and the wheel. The balancer begins working at around 30-35mph. They're pretty easy to conceal too.
They may have something in the catalog that'll fit your bolt pattern. Pretty sure they can make something custom for your application.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

The biggest issue with the cheap Chinese borescopes on Amazon is the software frequently falls off the AppStore or is entirely in mandarin with a new update, etc etc. I’ve never had one fail, but I’ve thrown three of them away because their software isn’t kept current.

you need a shop thinkpad. There's probably a generic windows application that'll work, I'm unsure. They work fine under linux.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Looks like a scribe/witness mark to me.

Stockpile the parts that you have and are on offer.
Build two engines with backup parts revolving around their two respective uses. One that gets the car motivated again. One that gets it winning races.
The built under the shade tree engine will have more stockish parts compatibility with your stash. It'll also be a great backup to have a known runner when the trick engine is done should anything go sideways with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Awesome photos from Peterson. Disappointing they turned level 1 into a Tesla shrine.

LobsterboyX posted:

Im not getting my hopes up - this is LA and they probably want a fortune for it, but a guy can dream, right?

Ime they'll probably want ten fortunes. Basically arms, legs, testicles, and first borns are out. But follow through there. Never know what you may find.

Here's hoping the buick wasn't hit because wtaf. :catstare: