Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I'm just about ten minutes from the site of RPM Nationals, hit me up if you're going to be there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Doing the Time Trials at Santa Margarita Ranch event again this year Danny? I'll make it this time, I promise! I met the tech inspector a few weeks ago at a yard sale, interesting fellow.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 7, 2019

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

drat.

Even with a bad transmission and housepaint over a bunch of dents, that's a screaming deal.

I'd kill for that intact bed.

I hate California.

I have had seen this thing on Broad St/Hwy227 for years. I'm glad its getting much needed love.

LobsterboyX posted:

I live for this weekend.

I skipped it this year stupidly, which is idiotic because I live in Santa Margarita! I should ask Samantha (runs the Rainbow Hut) if she'd be interested in doing some leather keyfobs or something for the event, she is incredible with leatherwork and works right there! My dad had his Morris engine built by Smokey, I think he still runs a car of some kind at the Ranch.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I used to take my lunch time and walk to the Goodwill hub store two building down and buy just insane piles of stuff for $1. I'd even carry cash just to buy out people in line for their stuff, most would take it. Its a town with the richest CSU and students rarely leave the area if they can find good work, so there's a lot of quality stuff there. I remember getting a Nortel Alteon 4408 new in the box for $5. Sold for $3400, and buyer drove up from Irvine and paid cash. Got a complete Drake TR-7 from a customer in line for $20 (paid $5 at the register after) and sold it for $1400. A box of 12 Motorola P25 handhelds and handmics in the quickcharger cradle...paid $20 and got $1200. Funny since I had a $15/hr job.

edit: LBX hey if you're doing it this year send me an email username at gmail, a PM here, or find me on FB. I'd love to come by and chat, and also set that Rainbow Hut owner leatherwork thing up if you'd like.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I used to talk with Paul a lot, when a lot was starting to pile up on him. He was a wonderful person whom I won't forget. May he rest in peace, finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Maybe it's just a lazy version of the GMC Twin-Six?