Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
"GMC big straight six"

Bah. There is only one gas* I6 option for this, and you know in your heart what it is. Hudson Hornet.

*I dont think a Jimmy 6-71 diesel would fit anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I have that same L. Coes wrench. It's surprisingly useful for everything but wrenching (though I'm sure it would be great at that too, I just haven't encountered a bolt big enough to use it on since I got it, would've been perfect for the 1-1/8" transfer case fill plug on my Jeep back in the day). It's served as an ersatz hammer (that's why the back is mushroomed, it's been used as a hammer for 100 years), sheetmetal bending brake, and C-clamp when I'm one short on actual clamps (which is every time, that's the nature of clamps -- just like every rope is six inches too short, you always need one more clamp.)

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
If you're buying new, look at Homak. Half the price, same quality as Kennedy. (Disclaimer: I got a cantilever box, it's pretty skookum, I assume the ones with drawers are of similar quality.)

Status of rebuilding my tool collection after all my tools got stolen (the local methhead broke into my shed when I was away):

And yes, the shiny thing in the bottom is a framing hammer with an axe head as a counterweight. DIY flipped their poo poo over that when I posted it in the tools thread. It's the old-school version from before they invented claws. I like old things and rarely build houses (I did help build a house once, 29 years ago ... I'm 36.)

Edit: You guys are cool, you get the version reshot with the real camera.

I can tell you what everything is, if you want. (spoiler: the big roll of tape ain't Duck/duct)

Edit: Y'all are all asleep so I'll just go. Starting with the Craftsman socket set on the right and spiraling clockwise downward: Tape measure and axe-sharpening puck; random bolts and fittings to be populated (the brass one is the cap from an A/C filler valve); screwdriver bits, Bic lighter, loupe, and knife with a blade/can opener/marlinspike; epoxy and writing implements. Next shelf, pliers and Crescent wrench, precision srewdriver set; two sets of Stanley/DeWalt Demo Driver screwdrivers (original and spare), scissors with my grandfather's name engraved on then, and the driver for the 1/4" bits up top between the tap and magnifier; Altoid tin full of foam earplug, labeled "EARHOLE PLUGGERS" because AvE; wrenches and Allen keys that came with the socket set. In the well, Gaffer tape with a roll of electrical tape inside, the black line is the case for a Harbor Freight clicky torque wrench, tiny cross-peen both ways hammer, PVC cutter, sockets included in the Craftsman set to provide spares/boost the parts count (it had four 10mm, I'm cool with that), old-school framing hammer/rigger's axe, small ball-pein, ancient L. Coes wrench.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 20, 2018