Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

I'm going to assume the baby in a classic thing is a joke but just in case it's not don't loving drive your child around in an old car buy something safe for god's sake. I bet you're a super good driver who never makes mistakes but all it takes is for one distracted driver or drunk to wander into your lane to ruin your life.

"I don't have any idea what you are planning to do, but here's a heaping load of sarcasm and unsolicited advice coming your way anyhow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Interesting, as always. Your Lamour story made me think - you know, old people especially have tons of stuff on display, but it's mostly children that actually look at their things while the adults are talking. Adults rarely ask about the crap we have out, but kids always do.

If I may be so bold, tchotchke is a Yiddish word that was derived from a Slavic word meaning 'trinket'. Just thought you would want to know it's an actual word, with a sort of interesting history of its own.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Also handy for large hardware that has some corrosion, and suspension hardware like where you want to hold the back side and rest the wrench against the frame. Doesn't fall off!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Also the irwin original locking wrench

It can be destructive, but it will hold on to just about anything with way more grip than a curved jaw. Pretty much either it holds or the nut cracks off.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Well, at least you know where the axle came from so you can get parts, ha.

I wouldn't scrap it either, but it would take a lot to make me comfortable using it on the road for even hauling a lawnmower. I doubt that a Model T axle is capable of hauling very much weight. A camper seems like a stretch. Also that tongue is massively sketchy.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

If your friends don't know, a crew cab square body is a hot hot item right now. Don't let them give it away for a steal.

Also lmao at the posters calling that trailer beefy and sturdy, based on almost no information. The wheels are super cool though. I wonder what the tire shop said in 2008, or did he mount them himself?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm thinking that Somewhat Heroic dealt with this in his thread at one point?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Man I love that restoration. Is the lettering cast into the lid and painted, or is it vinyl? If vinyl did you do it and what font is that?

Also, I'm not familiar with the colloquialism "whisper tight" and Google wasn't helpful. Does that mean very tight or barely tight? I'd guess the former.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm gonna agree with cat interceptor, in that while patina preservation has its place, a rare car like that deserves a full resto.

It'll be sweet either way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I did not come here expecting to find out my seasoning salt was attached to a restaurant. Wild.