Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
glyph
Apr 6, 2006

LobsterboyX posted:

big things planned for this little mill...

Is there something like an Ardun head for Model A engines? If there is, is it legal?

E: I see now, an Overhead and/or Blower vaults the car into the "With Power Adder" class.

E2: VVV yep.

E3: Overhead CAM? Whoa, the ardun style OHV heads use the stock cam location and pushrods. That's impressive.

glyph fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Congrats on the baby!

However:

LobsterboyX posted:

speaking of functioning adult... I took a big step and listed my precious cadillac for sale.

Are you SURE youíre up for this? I distinctly remember, early in my time here in AI, lurking a thread of yours where youíd said you would never paint that car and being weirdly confused about it. For whatever reason, that stuck with me.

As the dad of a now 3 year old son, I can certainly attest to the fact that hobbies (ask me how my side hustle flipping bicycles is going) screeching halt, but Iím already feeling like Iím on the far side of it- The boy is keying into what Iím into, looking over my shoulder as I surf the web, and asking me to pull up race car videos on YouTube... It feels like itís only a matter of time before heís handing me wrenches as I call them out to him.

I guess what Iím saying is, yes, kids are certainly a change (I only have one, so take this however), but, at least in my case, it hasnít been a complete overhaul. If somehow 14k is going to overhaul your situation and change things immensely,, then sure, GO, but if this is just you creating busywork for yourself, clearing space to match your wifeís nesting instinct, stay strong dude, and keep the car. If you do want to sell it, do it on your own terms, not with a due date casting a shadow on you.

Long Shot Aside: do you know Tim and Debbie Fallon from your NFL/Super Bowl days?

glyph fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 24, 2019

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

LobsterboyX posted:

I still would never paint the car, and anyone that has questioned me about the car loves the patina on it. - there are plenty of factors in me selling this car, for one, its one of the only cars in my fleet that I cannot keep at my home, its so big and with all the other cars there, its just too much. the driveway is only so long. the other part of it is that I feel it needs to be inside now, the car is so big it wont fit in my garage that was built in 38. - another big part of selling it is that its the car that is the most obtainable, where as my buicks and my roadster are a bit harder to come by. in my younger years I prided myself on quantity over quality, but now I'm one guy that has 4 classic cars, a job, building my own business, a wife, a house and one pair of rear end cheeks, im not giving up my love of these cars, but just this one car - I only hope whoever gets it will find as much joy with it as I did.

I hear you. I just wanted [someone to check in] to make sure. Speaking with the hindsight of my own experience, there were some things that I parted with in the hormonal, manic, nesting phase of our pregnancy that I kick myself about letting go from time to time. None of them were nearly as significant as a '58 DeVille, but some were easily as much of a touchstone of sentimentality for me. Using that same hindsight, I've come to see that I was fighting to match my wife's hormonal nesting energy and not thinking it all the way though. Plus, we were pregnant at just about peak Kondo, so holy poo poo did we purge.

As an aside, that hormonal, manic energy was a tough one to match and often a sticking point for us- I spent a lot of time having my comfort about feeling prepared for the arrival of our son misread as being ambivalent about his arrival. It wasn't that I wasn't nervous, it was that I hit a point where fretting about what ifs was so draining I had to turn my back on the worrying. Whomever said "a woman becomes a mother at conception; a man becomes a father at birth" was on to something.

I also certainly understand the quality/quantity tradeoff, I could stand to be much more of the latter.

glyph fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 25, 2019