Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A little self serving now but I think that roulette idea sounds swell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

The Puppy Bowl posted:

A little self serving now but I think that roulette idea sounds swell.

go for it! totally optional side game. last year's ended in like week 8 or 9 or some poo poo and that just leaves a gaping hole for the rest of the season

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Is roulette the same as regular in that you can't re-pick kickers? And does that include ones you picked while you were alive?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Finger Prince posted:

Is roulette the same as regular in that you can't re-pick kickers? And does that include ones you picked while you were alive?

Yup. Same rules as the regular game apply - can't use same kicker, kicker must get through the week successfully. The only exception is that an eliminated player can continue playing roulette even if they lose their bet for that week.

When coming up with it, my original idea was you had to roll with the kicker that eliminated you every week, but I thought that was just a little too evil considering the probability of not only having your kicker make it through the week, but also correctly predicting the length of one of their field goals.

Funky Bunkbed
Jul 27, 2007
You are now.
Well, he hasn’t played yet so an entry is still legit, right? =P

LAR - Greg Zuerlein

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
And a Prater miss lmao

edit: wrong thread but oddly fitting

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
gently caress you forever lions for making him kick that :mad:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Qwijib0 posted:

gently caress you forever lions for making him kick that :mad:

He usually makes it!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Give me Mike Nugent at the buzzer

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
down goes zuerlein

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

corn on the cop posted:

down goes zuerlein

of course he squibs a close one and then hits a 55 yarder

that's a lot of people down

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

And now, a moment of silence for the fallen.

Week 1 and Done (womp womp)
Acebuckeye13
Arnold Layne
axeil
Ches Neckbeard
Chichevache
Coolwhoami
CyberPingu
Dango Bango
Elephanthead
Finger Prince
Funky Bunkbed
GokuGoesSSJ3
Keith Atherton
latinotwink1997
Major Ryan
marioinblack
Nystral
on the bored wop
opposable thumbs.db
Play
Qwijib0
Shadow225
shyduck
TASTE THE PAIN!!
The Puppy Bowl
Vhak lord of hate
waah
WaffleZombie
wandler20
Yodzilla

Out of 54 players entering week 1, only 25 people survived. That makes for a failure rate of 53.7%! It was an early bloodbath! Bonus loser points to those poor suckers that chose Matt Bryant in the very first game of the season, who doinked one off the post. At least you've still got Kicker Roulette....

Congrats to everyone who made it through!

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lzCKfzxXwYyYp7Gm4cKhw1e2CEts6l16eywKcTul05w/edit#gid=0

barnold fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 11, 2018

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'll hop on the Matt Bryant train this week

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BAL - Justin Tucker

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I'm going to likewise put my money on big man Matt Bryant to redeem himself.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hey I made it out of week 1!

Picking NO - Wil Lutz for week 2.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm gonna do kicker roulette to redeem myself

JAX - Josh Lambo - 42 yards

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Fuckin Bills.

I'm gonna go Roulette: HOU - Ka'imi Fairbairn, 34 yards, because that's a cool sounding name.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
BAL - Justin Tucker

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm gonna go with PIT - Chris Boswell because there's a reasonable chance he only kicks PATs all day against the Chiefs.

Week 1 - KC - Harrison Butker
Week 2 - PIT - Chris Boswell

Strobe fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 14, 2018

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
NE - Stephen Gostkowski

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

And now, a moment of silence for the fallen.

Week 1 and Done (womp womp)
Acebuckeye13
Arnold Layne
axeil
Ches Neckbeard
Chichevache
Coolwhoami
CyberPingu
Dango Bango
Elephanthead
Finger Prince
Funky Bunkbed
GokuGoesSSJ3
Keith Atherton
Major Ryan
marioinblack
Nystral
on the bored wop
opposable thumbs.db
Play
Qwijib0
Shadow225
shyduck
TASTE THE PAIN!!
The Puppy Bowl
Vhak lord of hate
waah
WaffleZombie
wandler20
Yodzilla

Out of 53 players entering week 1, only 25 people survived. That makes for a failure rate of 52.8%! It was an early bloodbath! Bonus loser points to those poor suckers that chose Matt Bryant in the very first game of the season, who doinked one off the post. At least you've still got Kicker Roulette....

Congrats to everyone who made it through!

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lzCKfzxXwYyYp7Gm4cKhw1e2CEts6l16eywKcTul05w/edit#gid=0

I’m not even on the list! Just as well, cuz I’m already out.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

latinotwink1997 posted:

I’m not even on the list! Just as well, cuz I’m already out.

Oops! I hosed up the spreadsheet once and thought I undo'd far back enough to fix everything I did wrong, but evidently I missed one.

That explains the one blank line I had in the list, but I thought that was just a buffer zone I had originally added when making the spreadsheet.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I want to live dangerously.

Week 2: NYG - Aldrick Rosas

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Week 2: KC - Harrison Butker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Week 2: LA - Greg Zuerlein

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Let's see if I make it out of the second week for once.

Week 2: ATL - Matt Bryant

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
For week2 I'll take Stephen Gostkowski

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I’m gonna spin the wheel!

PHI - Jake Elliot - 27 Yards

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Week 2: Denver- Brandon McManus

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Roulette: Justin Tucker, BAL, 46 yards

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Roulette: MIA - Jason Sanders - 47 yards

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Justin Tucker - BAL

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I'm excited to see how roulette turns out this season. I feel like maybe it's a little too difficult to hit, but at the same time I needed to have some kind of gimmick that was at least proportionate to how difficult it is to have picked successful kickers through the season.

Best of luck to everyone spinning the wheel for its inaugural run!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm excited to see how roulette turns out this season. I feel like maybe it's a little too difficult to hit, but at the same time I needed to have some kind of gimmick that was at least proportionate to how difficult it is to have picked successful kickers through the season.

Best of luck to everyone spinning the wheel for its inaugural run!

I think it's a pretty good device. Hitting on the roulette is extremely unlikely (which is appropriate, it's a roulette after all) but if enough people play we'll still end up with a few makes.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The 00 really is not only the chosen kicker making the kick at the specified yards, it's making the rest of his kicks on top. I can see someone getting boned by that if it turns out people occasionally manage to guess right on the distance. (probably me).

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

The 00 really is not only the chosen kicker making the kick at the specified yards, it's making the rest of his kicks on top. I can see someone getting boned by that if it turns out people occasionally manage to guess right on the distance. (probably me).

That was the bit I rewrote at least a handful of times. I wasn't sure if that pushed it over the edge of near impossibility or not. In any case, trial run this season, we can adjust for next season or even mid-season as needed!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That was the bit I rewrote at least a handful of times. I wasn't sure if that pushed it over the edge of near impossibility or not. In any case, trial run this season, we can adjust for next season or even mid-season as needed!

Yeah, see how it goes this season. If it turns out a lot of people are guessing right but losing on the make all kicks clause, that's probably good. If nobody guesses anything right, the clause probably isn't necessary. It's a fun addition to keep people playing though!

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I'm on the Zane trian give me Gonzales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Week 1 - Mason Crosby - GB