Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
ROULETTE- BAL- JUSTIN TUCKER- 53 YARDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Week 1 - Tucker BAL
Week 2 - Gostkowski NE

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe
Week 1: BAL - Justin Tucker
Week 2: DEN - Brandon McManus

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Roulette - Hauschka, 47 yards

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Roulette - CAR - Gano - 42 yds

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Week 2 - Stephen Gostkowski

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
ROULETTE - ATL - Matt Bryant 42 Yards

EDIT: Was not following the rules, this was an invalid pick.

I’m going to try this the original idea way - stuck with my original pick until I make it back in. Just to see how that way works.

Now here’s a thing - if I get back in say week 9 my pool of available kickers is greater then someone who’s been playing and winning every week. It may be worth tweaking in the off season - maybe removal of the most popular kicker each week from the “roulette pool” but trying to change things on the fly may not be a good idea right now.

Nystral fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 14, 2018

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Nystral posted:

ROULETTE - ATL - Matt Bryant 42 Yards

Now here’s a thing - if I get back in say week 9 my pool of available kickers is greater then someone who’s been playing and winning every week. It may be worth tweaking in the off season - maybe removal of the most popular kicker each week from the “roulette pool” but trying to change things on the fly may not be a good idea right now.

I think I'm sticking to regular game rules applying to roulette for consistency's sake. You cannot pick Matt Bryant as your roulette number this week because you selected him in Week 1. That provision was created specifically to address the problem of an eliminated player coming back to life with a smaller player pool. Going with the same kicker that eliminated you was just an idea and never an actual rule, just brainstorming

barnold fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 14, 2018

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I think I'm sticking to regular game rules applying to roulette for consistency's sake. You cannot pick Matt Bryant as your roulette number this week because you selected him in Week 1. That provision was created specifically to address the problem of an eliminated player coming back to life with a smaller player pool. Going with the same kicker that eliminated you was just an idea and never an actual rule, just brainstorming

I misread that bit then, solves the issue I raised too.

Then here is my pick:

ROULETTE - BUF - Steven Hauschka - 43 yards

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Week 2 - BUF - Hauschka

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Week 1: KC - Harrison Butker
Week 2: LAR - Greg Zuerlein

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
PHI - Jake Elliott

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:siren: ROULETTE PICK :siren:

PHI - Jake Elliot - 37 Yards

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Give me PHI - Jake Elliot

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gimme fuckin ARZ - Phil Dawson :unsmigghh:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Nystral posted:

I misread that bit then, solves the issue I raised too.

Then here is my pick:

ROULETTE - BUF - Steven Hauschka - 43 yards

Well poo poo. Nice one.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
boswell out

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
RIP all you Elliott havers

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
:siren: KICKER JACKPOT!!!!!! :siren:

this is NOT a drill!

Congratulations to Nystral for betting the house on Hauschka, who came through and delivered a 43 yarder to bring them back to the land of the living!

....however, with just under a half to play, will it hold? Or will he shank one and put an end to the celebration?

barnold fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 16, 2018

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Holy poo poo I hit my Roulette! Come on no miss no miss no miss!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

Holy poo poo I hit my Roulette! Come on no miss no miss no miss!

The kicker gods cackle in your face as their combined magical juju makes Fairbairn shank a kick, negating your Kicker Jackpot and forcing you to bet again.

EDIT: Gostkowski, similarly affected by the juju, shanked his first kick in the game less than two minutes into the first quarter.

barnold fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 16, 2018

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I'm on the Zane trian give me Gonzales

It was me I was the idiot who got on the Zane train just before it went off the rails and killed his career.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there should be a rule where if the guy you picked misses 4+ kicks of any kind then it counts as a victory

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Cavauro posted:

there should be a rule where if the guy you picked misses 4+ kicks of any kind then it counts as a victory

seconded

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The kicker gods cackle in your face as their combined magical juju makes Fairbairn shank a kick, negating your Kicker Jackpot and forcing you to bet again.

EDIT: Gostkowski, similarly affected by the juju, shanked his first kick in the game less than two minutes into the first quarter.

I did tell you it was going to be me.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm glad I grabbed Carlson before he inevitably gets fired

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Welp Lutz missed :rip:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Zero attempts for Dawson in the first half - is he going two full games without one?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

:siren: KICKER JACKPOT!!!!!! :siren:

Congratulations to Nystral for betting the house on Hauschka, who came through and delivered a 43 yarder to bring them back to the land of the living!

....however, with just under a half to play, will it hold? Or will he shank one and put an end to the celebration?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
ROULETTE - SEA - Janikowski - 42 yards :madmax:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

And with SNF being the final game for players in the game, we have our Week 2 update. Let's hear it for our latest round of losers!

Week 2 and Their Kicks Were Poo
Athanatos
Cavauro
defaultluser
GenericMartini
Grittybeard
Infidel Castro
Intruder
Mind_Taker
OxySnack
Power of Pecota
seiferguy
Smiling Mandrill
Strobe

Kicker Jackpot Status

:siren: Nystral (Hauschka, 43 yards) :siren:

The kicker gods frown at the fact that their profits were chipped away by a miracle jackpot in the first week of roulette, but they greedily rub their hands knowing that seeing it happen will entice more people to bet on the wheel in the future. Yodzilla still has a pending bet on Janikowski though, so we'll see what happens.

After Nystral's resurrection, we're up to 12 remaining players from 11 in Kicker Eliminator. With half the remaining field taken out in two consecutive weeks, who will get shithoused next? Who can you trust in the NFL anymore when Zane "America's Kicker" Gonzales misses four kicks in a single game?

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lzCKfzxXwYyYp7Gm4cKhw1e2CEts6l16eywKcTul05w/edit?usp=sharing

barnold fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 17, 2018

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Week 3:
NYJ - Jason Myers

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I'm gonna go with Justin Tucker

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Week 3 - Gostkowski

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Christ I didn't notice until now that I lost because my kicker got injured walking around the locker room or warming up or whatever the hell happened to Legatron.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Grittybeard posted:

Christ I didn't notice until now that I lost because my kicker got injured walking around the locker room or warming up or whatever the hell happened to Legatron.

Technically he never missed a kick so are you eliminated?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

Technically he never missed a kick so are you eliminated?

Yeah, my elimination is legit. You've got to at least hit an extra point or something to move on.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, my elimination is legit. You've got to at least hit an extra point or something to move on.

Ah fair enough

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Kicker Elim is the loving harsh this year.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

For week through I'll do Josh Lambo JAX 47 yards ROULETTE