Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Cool, more evidence to play at our inevitable tribunals by the machine overlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm not the only one having trouble with imgur today, am I? Because this is what most threads in PYF look like today:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

God, ferrets are so weird. I love 'em :allears:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Just ignore the white supremacists, talking about them just promotes them" sure has worked out well in the past.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

chicken.exe has stopped working.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That guy just made an enemy of several bird generations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ACTUALLY it's an AR-14, which is the smaller, single-handed version of the Assault Rifle 15.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The idea that that number of people could keep a secret like that for so long is why moon landing conspiracies are ridiculous.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

They can afford to, they don't have massively over engineered planes that can't fly in the rain and they don't build ships that dissolve in salt water.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

2026: China launches an invasion of Taiwan. Half the Pacific Fleet is waiting for parts on back order. The Navy's F-35s are all down because of a bug in the last software update, but that's ok because a big amphetamine bust means that most of the pilots are suffering withdrawal symptoms. The one LCS that isn't broken and is able to come up from Singapore is obliterated by fifty thousand anti-ship missiles fired at once from seventeen different artificial islands. President Pence is caught on a hot mic excitedly speculating that this might be something mentioned in the Book of Revelations.

Moon Slayer has a new favorite as of 13:40 on Jul 22, 2019

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

So what age range is "old", the references seem to be all over the place and this is confusing.

Read a couple pages of this thread and you'll figure it out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886674

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

aas Bandit posted:

Thanks! That led me down a rabbit hole of YouTube vids and wikipedia... :) Looks like this is press forging, specifically.

To contribute:

https://i.imgur.com/8MXQotb.mp4

I've probably seen this gif dozens of times over the years and the last guy in line who sees his fate coming and surrenders to it never fails to make me laugh.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That man was never seen again.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

We get it, you vape.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

:cumpolice:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I mean, good on the guy for swallowing his pride in order to climb out of the financial hole he's in, but yikes.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

What's wrong with that guy's neck? :stonk:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, imagine if you took a goose, upscaled it by like 300%, and then strapped straight razors to its legs. That's cassowaries.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I like to imagine this is a bunch of locals playing a prank on dumb city kids. "Oh yeah, go on out and grab a corn dog, they grow naturally around these parts."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pretty sure I got eaten by that thing in Subnautica.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Also the game doesn't normally look like that, that's an optional visual mode you can turn on.

Seems like objectively the best way to play it, though, just like the black and white mode in LA Noire.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

They're working on a live action Atlanis,

Really? Huh, that might actually be worth seeing.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Whelp, I guess I live in here now."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah go ahead and link those, please.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

100% agree, a year and a half ago I totaled my car when I hit a deer on the interstate as I was going 70 mph. I saw it for about .25 seconds as it was charging across the road. Completely destroyed the left front of the car. If I had been going just a fraction slower the thing probably would have come through the windshield.

Animal death still needs to be linked, though.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I was living in Taiwan when the later crop of Transformers movies came out and the number of normal, professional adults who treated it like it was the coolest thing ever was mind-boggling.

Meanwhile, I get angry even thinking about Transformers 2, literally the worst movie ever created by man.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I always find new and creative ways to look stupid in pictures.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've never had any problems with headaches.

Ok, bye.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The last time this was posted someone replied that everyone thinks wolves are just big dogs until you actually see one and realize why they're the monster of so many folk tales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

reminds me of the worlds most dangerous tennis court

I wouldn't say that I gasped out loud, but I definitely made a kind of "nnnngah" noise.