Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

So this an upcoming game? Actually looks fun.

Not as much upcoming, as came out last week. But yeah, it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

JEEVES420 posted:

For a second I thought that was a LED video wall and was impressed with the install but its just a boring green screen. Why are people impressed with it?

Why would a LED wall be any more impressive? It would still net the same end result: showing off a visual.
People are impressed because it's a very good way to visually communicate what they're talking about in a way that a colour-coded map really won't.
And people are impressed because it's a huge increase in the production values of a weather report.

It's a very nice, impactful way to show off the height of the storm surge in some areas. That's really it.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Bloop posted:

What the hell am I looking at and how can I get one or avoid it at all costs, depending

Rocket launch, you can have one for a couple million usd, if you've got something to chuck into space.

(Sunlight from below the horizon reflects off the smoke and condensate of the rocket plume. )

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

duz posted:

What was the lesson? gently caress old people forever?

The lesson is that the only heritage the older generations leave us is one we have to burn down to reach any kind of meaningful prosperity. (aka 50 bux.)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

How do you die of snail?

Indirectly, they're hosts for parasites that'll bore through your skin and start laying eggs inside you if you wade/swim in water laden with them.