Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah it's a machine that bends a ribbon of metal into a cookie cutter. The xmas tree is a pretty complex shape, and that's honestly a clever way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

Is there a repository of poo poo-being-made gifs, because that is my jam.
Not gifs, but How It's Made has a youtube channel.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You just know that somewhere, someone is getting off to this.

An accurate representation of crossing the hot sand between the beach bar and the water.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm amazed that the camera kept working under water. Racing drones are often extremely barebones to save weight, to the point of being little more than bare circuit boards.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That's an impressively smooth finish for a 3D printed object. I also like how the creator synced the print program to the stop motion delay so the print head would always be at zero when the picture was taken.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mephiston posted:

I know its a slight tangent, but octolapse has a setting for that. Also, it looks like a >20 hour print for something roughly the size of his hand, so the layer height is probably ridiculously fine
Looked up Octolapse and now I'm enlightened. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUB-3lud60