Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

One of the best Battlebots moments. When he found out his next opponent was gonna have a flying drone, he went to Home Depot and bought a big rake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Inspector 34 posted:

I doubt a drone that could lift that much weight would comply with whatever rules they have for drone size/weight. Does make me wonder if throwing some rope or nets on some of the more elaborate spinners would accomplish something though.

This came up once. I think it might have even been the same team that bought the rake.

A guy sent his bot in with a wrapped "present" for the other bot. The other bot went right for it and destroyed the box to reveal inside it was a net that immediately jammed up his weapon. Then they stopped the fight and untangled it and restarted because apparently nets are against the rules.

Ah, here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxB8t68UvE&t=170s

PostNouveau has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Sep 7, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

So, I need to stock up on nets is what you're telling me...interesting.

I can see why they're banned because they seem tremendously effective

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Trevor Hale posted:

Should probably call an exterminator tbh

"Ayuh, you got yourself a Borrower infestation. You're gonna want to get this taken care of quick; these things spread like the dickens"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

This goes from silly to "oh no!" very fast.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

that's so badass, imagine having this coffee table:

pricy though.

Ah, what's $10,000?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Garrand posted:

Lol, I legit thought someone had just made a custom goatse coin before looking at the text on the edge

E. Pluribus Anus

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Doesn't go down the one that's just a 100-foot drop. Coward.

Cartoon Man posted:

Supposedly Red Bull sponsored it at Atlantis Dubai when they had the park drained for maintenance.

That makes sense there are basically no rules in Dubai if you have money.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CollegeCop posted:

Boy, that takes me back...

I remember when I was younger and I did something like this. Just running around on the roof and hood of our family station wagon, having a grand old time. Dodging my dad when he tried to catch me, giggling hysterically.

And then my dad opened the back, got out the jumper cables, and beat me with them.

Good times.

:stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

*rushes in panting from the OSHA thread*

that seems like a good way to gently caress up your back!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Samir does seem to be pretty poo poo at driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

This came about because UPN had WWE wrestling at the time, and it was a network-driven crossover. Seriously.

:lmao: