Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

is there something in particular I'm supposed to be seeing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

aha I see; I was actually wondering if it was some kind of weird relation to the blue/yellow illusion thing due to the background :v:

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I wonder if you could successfully fix a hammock between those horns and how long you could survive in it

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Trevor Hale posted:

Is that shot valid? It was below net height

If the rules are the same as regular tennis, I believe it's not that you have to get it over the net, it's that you're not allowed to hit the net. So if you want to go around the side, that's fine.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

who can forget this rally classic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

Lemon
May 22, 2003

bike tory posted:

You've got strange tastes

It's not a new thing either

Spike Milligan posted:

NOVEMBER 20, 1943

The morning of November 20 burst cheerily on us with an exciting cold downpour. Gad! It was good to be alive, the question was, were we? We are concluding the finishing touches on the Command Post, a sandbagged blast wall on the open side of the dug-out. There are many brilliant minds at work in the war, Radar, Infra-Red Telescopes, Mulberry Harbours, but no bugger has invented how to get wet mud into a sandbag. We are almost pouring it in. When we seal the sandbag the mixture starts to squeeze through the hessian like thin spaghetti! We fill them to bursting, yet when we lay another bag on top, it flattens like a wafer.

“This isn’t a job,” moans one miserable Gunner. “This is a bloody sentence!”

17 Battery tell us they have managed to fire twenty rounds in the afternoon.

“The bloody fools,” says Alf Fildes, “if we all kept quiet Jerry would pack up and go home.”

Gunner Birch is amusing his little mind by standing on the sandbag and giggling as it sprouts myriad growths of mud spaghetti.

“‘Ere,” he says in a surprised voice, “it’s sexy.”

“Sexy,” says Bombardier Fuller. “You must be bloody hard up for it if you get the Colin’ watchin’ that.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

His reaction makes it seem like it wasn't intentional. If he was trying to purposely trick his opponent, why would he then be like "no what are you doing" when they give up on the point?

It might have been intentional insofar as doing a dummy swing to fake them out a bit/get them off balance whatever, but he certainly didn't appear to be purposely trying to make them think he hit the ball twice.

Lemon has a new favorite as of 15:21 on Jun 2, 2023