Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

North American version of the Australian driver hitting an emu and going, "oh no, not again."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08tNWQjYeBQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I'm not complaining, but why does this of all things not have sound?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Man bats really lucked out in the evolution department. They got little graspers on their wings and can fly, while birds have to touch everything with their beaks or their walking feet. Are bats really dumb to compensate or did birds just get a raw deal?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Wow, I didn't realize it until you pointed it out, but it kinda looks like a jellyfish when it takes off wobbling

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I've had a few alleged migraines in my life, but I just felt weird as hell and then slowly darkness closes in on one of my eyes and I can't see out of it anymore and I start bumping into stuff. No pain though and haven't had one in years.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

[quote="Literally Esoteric" post="507445551"]
Looks like a rehearsal for Ballet Preljokaj's performance of Snow White
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpuYt4BlL0

that guy's pants look a) incredibly comfy for working from home and b) like a naked butt with a butthole and everything

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

that scamper to her corner after an absolutely devastating blow is hilarious

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

No it's suburban DIY Yellowstone

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

BasicLich posted:

do you think chameleons can feel when their color-changing cells are doing their thing?

What if the blue he sees is like yellow for us???

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I'm totally fine with this guy punishing Audi drivers for even the most petty of infractions.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Phy posted:

Except for the three that got mashed into the plastic blades like something out of Cube

yeah, I was going to say, why include the reservoir for the flies to go into? it looks like it would be a perfect fly smoosher without it

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Project badass has really taken off

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Good visual representation of how a rectum works i don't know anything about muscles

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

You'd think a fan that big would keep any fire from starting.

Inceltown posted:

It actually fans the flames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDVHs-juPo

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Jestery posted:

The interpreter has basically given up and is basically saying

"Well there you go, people off fighting again"

Edit:I can't be too exact , Rwandan sign has similar etymological roots to my country's sign but it's not 1 to 1

I showed this to a Deaf co-worker and they said "yep that's a professional interpreter for you"

So RSA is South Africa, but maybe I am misinterpreting what you're saying.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Jestery posted:

I'm wrong ,I could have sworn I saw Rwanda there

However, colonialism is a bitch and South African sign is also British sign derived

No worries. I've never actually thought about the differences in sign language before and my first thought was "why don't they all just speak the same sign language" and then immediately realized why that was silly

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Jestery posted:

The topic of sign language families is super interesting with some really cool edge cases (indigenous Sri Lankan is actually beautiful, and constructed with some interesting grounding philosophy) and it sorta runs parallel to pop history ( America being denied the British system due to having declared independence for example) aswell as being really depressing for how contemporary the "history" of Deaf oppression(?) is. And I haven't even touched on Asian sign language families myself.

But this is not the thread for it :)

As someone who speaks a grand total of two whole languages and has an interest in linguistics, I am really curious about the history and differences between the various sign languages as this is something I've never learned about. The only thing I know about the history of sign language is that some French dude developed some version of sign language at some point and you got an American university for the deaf. If this derail gets out of hand we can just bring it back to smooth sharks or snow tires in Texas or whatever

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

That70sHeidi posted:

This is what my legs feel like on a bad night when I'm trying to get to sleep. All up and down my legs, all night. :(

I get this way when I haven't had any exercise because I normally ride my bike for at least an hour every day. The last few weeks of freezing rain and ice everywhere have been rough :(

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

:same:, but guy throwing the rock is me riding a bicycle and guy driving the car into the guy because he threw a rock is guy driving a car into me because I'm riding a bicycle and it inconvenienced him for like 30 seconds

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/A80iIMJ.gifv

Security sees that enter the club and nopes the gently caress outta there. The Bouncer was drat quick though, probably saved a lot of lives.

There's a point where the guy must have pulled the trigger because the entire room jumps and starts moving at the same time

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Everything was going fine with that moth video until you see its huge gross butt

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

The little mini goats milling about are great too

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

It's not the mosquito that kills people though, it's Plasmodium, the yellow fever virus, etc. We don't say that bats killed a bunch of people during the ebola epidemic.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

How do you die of snail?

Schistosomiasis is a parasite that grows in snails that live in freshwater as part of its life cycle. Humans come into contact with the parasite by getting in the water and reintroduce the parasite into freshwater through open defecation.

Schisto kills a good number of people per year, but why are we accusing the snail of murder? Maybe there's some vicious predatory snail that I'm not thinking of

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

super offsides and I don't even know what offsides is

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

pretty sure he's like 17 times offsides

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Hey, it's Pittsburgh! I've been to that park!

Can someone explain to me how heelies work though? Do you gotta walk on your toes the entire time or else you roll around?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

my in-laws had huge goats that would escape from their enclosure in spurts every now and again and the only thing they would do is eat all the flowers and come up to every window in the house and look in to see what we were doing.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Hang in there baby!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

The up front cost for turf removal and conversion to xeriscaping is high, but a lot of towns, especially in the western US, give incentives. That coupled with water costs can have a pretty quick return on real savings. That's all assuming you own the property though. I did my backyard a few years ago. It cost me about $1200 - 1400, and the city gave me a check for $750 as soon as I showed them receipts and had it inspected. Then I converted the automatic turf sprinkler system to an automatic vegetable garden irrigation system. Last year I put in a rain barrel, so every year my water costs drop a little more. Can't wait to do the front yard, but again that up front cost can be brutal.

This is tangentially related to what you're talking about, but I live in a place with plenty of precipitation consistently throughout the year, but I just can't be bothered to take care of the tiny front yard because I have to cart everything around the block or through the house because we're in the middle of rowhomes. No HOA, so the first year I just let the milkweed and grass grow au natural. Some sunflowers popped up too. The bugs and the birds and the bees had a loving blast. We had tons of butterflies and bumble bees going after the flowers, and the gold finches loved the sunflowers, aphids went to town on the milkweed, but we had a shitload of lady bugs. This is the middle of a largish city too.

I wanted to do the entire thing in lavender, which absolutely works perfectly here as long as you got good drainage on the soil to keep it from staying too wet, but my wife won't allow it. My three little lavender plants are thriving though.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

no stickbug, very disappointed

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

single uruk-hai near you!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Have you been the Cloud District?

https://i.imgur.com/fdHezrc.mp4

Which hobbit movie is this?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

the best thing about these guys is their mocking of our pronunciation of caw, or in this one's case "awahh"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

the worst "everything is covered in filth" scenarios for me have been having the father-in-law who doesn't really wash his hands come stay at my place and touch everything and then my mother walking around my house without taking her boots off and turns out she's got a giant dog turd on her boot

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/amf2sHl.mp4

Nutted and she starts sucking

this person appears to be wearing a hazy blur for a dress

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

what is it with australian drivers and weird rage?

I don't think it's limited to Australia because you see awful and aggressive drivers like this in the US all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

You tell after she gets off the mat that she's not sparring with Ben Shapiro

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)