Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

I know how stupid it sounds but I really need to improve my free throw %, threes, assists, and steals. If I can do that, my team is fixed.

I think you can get a better deal then. I punt FT/FG% every year so maybe I'm biased against those stats tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Doltos posted:

I think you can get a better deal then. I punt FT/FG% every year so maybe I'm biased against those stats tho.

You made me too paranoid and I got a few friends to vote to reject it. (also, Yahoo requires only a tiny amount of people to reject trades by default. Does anyone know how to increase the number? I only know how to switch it to league manager veto.) Now I'm going to have to figure out a few new trades to fix my team and hope they don't get vetoed. I appreciate your posts though because I've been too busy to realize Horford and Lowry had health problems this season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
PJ Tucker, the man of 7 steals in a week at the cost of 16% shooting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

PJ Tucker, the man of 7 steals in a week at the cost of 16% shooting.

Every week I’m tempted to grab him off the waivers for steals.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He definitely delivers that. And has some amazing games here and there. He just has atrocious games, sometimes atrocious week. But there are so few available SFs that getting one that does anything useful has been hard.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I want to die

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Poque posted:

I want to die

That sucks so bad. Condolences.

Also, big thanks to Doltos for convincing me not to make the stupid trade I almost agreed to midseason.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Two semifinal matchups, one in the regular bracket and one in the consolation, came down to the kings/lakers game tonight in our league.

In the important one the combination of Fox and Bagley's shooting caused fg% to swap in a 5-4, and in the other JaVale's 5 blocks and 17 points turned a 3-6 into a 5-4

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I had a crazy one where I went into Sunday 4-4 with TO's tied and me down by only 4 rebounds, everything else pretty much out of reach. Since I just needed only one of those two categories I figured I was in a pretty good spot: my opponent can't bench all their players because I could just throw in 1-2 guys and take rebounds, but if they play a guy and he commits a turnover, I can bench my roster and win.

Unfortunately game times were bad for me, as I had guys in the early game and tipped my hand by benching them, and the other manager responded by pulling a few guys too. We both then benched more guys before the 4:30pm start time games. In the evening I had Miles Bridges and they had Ibaka, and I figured it would cross over from smart management to just outright bullshit if I tried to bench Miles like 10 seconds before the game locked, so I left Miles in.

Turned out he committed 2 turnovers but grabbed 6 rebounds. Ibaka wasn't rebounding, and my opponent had Wayne Ellington in a night game, so they took him off the bench and put him in somewhere along the way. I didn't have any night games, so even though I had fallen behind on TO I couldn't take advantage of that by putting in more players. Ibaka grabbed 1 rebound eventually, so then I was ahead by only 1 rebound... Ultimately Ibaka finished with just that 1 rebound, and then Ellington got 0 rebounds all game, giving me an extremely unlikely 1 rebound win. That whole GS-Detroit game, all Ellington needed was 1 rebound and it would've flipped from a win into a loss for me, and the whole game he never got 1. Also was extremely lucky that Ibaka only got 1 rebound for some reason. Definitely one of my craziest matchups ever. Thanks for reading my cool story

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 25, 2019

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Made the finals!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

I had a crazy one where I went into Sunday 4-4 with TO's tied and me down by only 4 rebounds, everything else pretty much out of reach. Since I just needed only one of those two categories I figured I was in a pretty good spot: my opponent can't bench all their players because I could just throw in 1-2 guys and take rebounds, but if they play a guy and he commits a turnover, I can bench my roster and win.

Unfortunately game times were bad for me, as I had guys in the early game and tipped my hand by benching them, and the other manager responded by pulling a few guys too. We both then benched more guys before the 4:30pm start time games. In the evening I had Miles Bridges and they had Ibaka, and I figured it would cross over from smart management to just outright bullshit if I tried to bench Miles like 10 seconds before the game locked, so I left Miles in.

Turned out he committed 2 turnovers but grabbed 6 rebounds. Ibaka wasn't rebounding, and my opponent had Wayne Ellington in a night game, so they took him off the bench and put him in somewhere along the way. I didn't have any night games, so even though I had fallen behind on TO I couldn't take advantage of that by putting in more players. Ibaka grabbed 1 rebound eventually, so then I was ahead by only 1 rebound... Ultimately Ibaka finished with just that 1 rebound, and then Ellington got 0 rebounds all game, giving me an extremely unlikely 1 rebound win. That whole GS-Detroit game, all Ellington needed was 1 rebound and it would've flipped from a win into a loss for me, and the whole game he never got 1. Also was extremely lucky that Ibaka only got 1 rebound for some reason. Definitely one of my craziest matchups ever. Thanks for reading my cool story

That's awesome. I was in a similar situation in mine above - I benched Kennard and Draymond as I needed FG% to win. Draymond wouldn't have helped, but Kennard's 8/12 would have won it for me. Oh well.

I almost put them back in when Eric Gordon went down early in the first quarter as 3PTM was suddenly in reach, but I went to the bathroom and he had 5 made threes when I came back. gently caress Eric Gordon.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wish my league was keeper so I could keep Buddy.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yahoo needs to keep people from adding players if they're not in the championship round. I just lost an Enes Kanter pick up to a guy who got eliminated two weeks ago.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

your commissioner can lock teams but maybe they still want to win whatever matchup they're in

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yahoo Pro league. It's default for some reason and the guys playing for nothing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I must win all my matchups if I can.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Even if you're eliminated from the championship, your finish will go in your profile as "5th" or "4th" or whatever based on the playoff results, and if you go to a team's page and click their manager's profile you'll see it has a highly prominent skill rating chart for them. When I'm eliminated I usually keep setting my players but quit adding/dropping guys, but if someone else cares about their overall finish enough to keep doing transactions I can't get mad at them.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lauri Markkanen is sick. I'm tempted to drop him and pick up Delon Wright. My current matchup is close in both %s, 3s, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and turnovers. I dropped Pat Bev for Gilgeous-Alexander.
I'd also consider dropping Rondo to save my percentages but a bunch of games this week. I may be overthinking all of this. Anyone have any advice? (I only have 3 remaining adds on the week.)

It's probably dumb but I was also considering grabbing DWade off the waivers. If the Heat had a playoff spot locked up or weren't going to the playoffs for sure I'd do it. I feel like Wade is going to have a huge last few games. However, if I didn't make the finals or lost them because DWade of all people, I'd be salty.

edit: made it to the finals because Chandler Parsons had a good enough game to force the Clippers starters back in to get just enough minutes to give me the win.

(if I had tied only one stat he would have won the tiebreaker) Gilgeous-Alexander getting 2 blocks and 3 assists saved my rear end. I sat Delon Wright because I was worried about %s only to watch him do everything I needed from the bench.

If Dedmon hadn't gone down with injury this might not have been an issue. I'm going to have to make sure my league ends earlier next year. (we started late because it took forever for the draft to get together.) Kawhi is probably going to sit a few games and lose me the final.

Has anyone ever done a league that ends at the all star break?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 1, 2019

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I can't believe I'm asking this but . . . DeJonte Murray or Rondo?

I tried to troll some bots into taking Rondo and it backfired but Murray is pretty bad right now and I have already used my roster moves for the week and Rondo is probably going to get his assists and steals at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i'm in two leagues this year, and while one looks like I'm gonna be competing for the top slot the whole season, the other has turned into a train wreck. After Giannis in the first I have:

2. Kemba Walker (RIP)
3. John Collins (Dipshit)
4. Lauri Markkanen (Lame)
5. Josh Richardson (Lame, occasionally injured)
6. Kevin Love (pretty good, still injured occasionally)
7. Dejounte Murray (doesn't play b2b games, lame)
8. Miles Bridges (cool and good)
9. Mikal Bridges (bad, dropped)
10. Dwight Powell (missing for the first month or so, fine)
11. Rui Hatchimura (cool and good)
12. Landry Shamet (RIP, dropped)
13. Jarrett Culver (lame, dropped)

i've missed so many games this year already and Collins is still out another month