Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

FIFA 19 is coming boys!

The official release date is September 28, 2018, but you can get it early if you do pre-orders/origin poo poo. Refer to twitter for actual news/updates in the coming weeks: https://twitter.com/easportsfifa

FUT player ratings are trickling out and as expected it's a travesty:

Sterling scored 23 goals across all competitions and received a downgrade in shooting, yay!

Robben getting robbed of pace,

and Vidal went to Barcelona and became a cripple,

Also they've added a shitload more Icons,

I expect the game to be as poo poo or worse than FIFA 18, and yet I'm still looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
hopeless addict reporting

that Milinkovic-Savic though :elongate: :tito:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As every year I'll buy both games. Hopefully I'll enjoy this one more but... Vidal 57 pace? Robben 79? Are they seriously needing it overall or is just crazy ratings? :eyepop:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm gonna stand by my decision to pass on fifa. I played every year starting with 13. I said it when legends were first introduced that I didn't like the concept. I ruins the feel of the game, is out of place, and kills the fun of creative squad building. It got worse and worse as they added more and the legends became more overtuned. Added in with the unending glut of special cards they've been adding to the game and it's made the game less fun and the players feel less unique and special. I don't see the trend reversing on special cards and I don't see them removing legends ever.

Has anything major been announced gameplay wise? I've heard it feels like fifa 18 but slower which is incredibly damning. If they somehow release a quick free flowing game like 15 and 13 I could investigate but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways I'm still looking for a competitive sports game to fill fifa's gap. It seems like everything is ran by really bad companies (2k and EA) or is extremely amateurish.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

It seems like some company could easily make a fifa street esque game or even a futsal game with fun and good dribbling mechanics that could sell well. Heck they could probably even license it for pennies (futsal).

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

vivisectvnv posted:

hopeless addict reporting

that Milinkovic-Savic though :elongate: :tito:

Same. Love to hate this franchise and will sink many hours into building a stupid team that is slightly different than most but same in all the important ways.

Kill me now.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
i have strict rules about only using the agreed upon celebrations in my pro club

someone thought they'd try to get cute and deviate, an example was made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8mOMNIGecY

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fifa 19 is out! Trying it out on PS4. So far not bad, slower gameplay but my main gripe and the thing that made me like how FIFA handled better than PES was the right stick first touch that has been great since... Fifa 2003 or 2004, they nerfed it so a lot of players will do a small "chip" and you can get tackled while not having full control of the ball.

This happened in my very first match on the demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rLvYtDg8dQ

:downsgun:

Good thing is that, like every year, the demo is an outdated beta build because it would be hilarious to see that happening during a big tournament.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Guillermus posted:

Fifa 19 is out! Trying it out on PS4. So far not bad, slower gameplay but my main gripe and the thing that made me like how FIFA handled better than PES was the right stick first touch that has been great since... Fifa 2003 or 2004, they nerfed it so a lot of players will do a small "chip" and you can get tackled while not having full control of the ball.

This happened in my very first match on the demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rLvYtDg8dQ

:downsgun:

Good thing is that, like every year, the demo is an outdated beta build because it would be hilarious to see that happening during a big tournament.

Am I missing something? The ball doesn’t look completely over the line to me

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know but hitting the side of the net from inside and coming out of the goal isn't normal. Even if it hits slightly the post, the ball should have gone deeper into.

The game looks gorgeous and some animations got better. Pochettino looks great too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AISPLUsVyUU

(still uploading higher res as I post this)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I still have no plans to buy this game but drat I always get hyped when the database leaks. building starter squads is so fun, if only the gameplay was fifa 15 level. If I had the game I would 100% build a starter squad around batshuayi in a 433. 5* WF 4* skills is crazy. I guarantee if he gets an early IF he will be one of the most dominant strikers in the game for a long time. They also overrated the gently caress out of the Chinese League but that would be another fun starter squad to have Bakambu + Lavezzi looks real good.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
19 demo feels great to me idk what people are complaining about

Defense feels way more responsive

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

If I end up buying this stupid game I'm gonna be mad

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I just played the demo and the animations were really good, everything felt fluid, defending made sense.... I really liked the gameplay gently caress. I know when I'm not playing AI with no lag in two weeks after all the terrible abusive tactics are figured out I'll hate this game but I think I have to buy it again. I'll just not get fifa points like I always do. drat man.... drat.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Seltzer posted:

I'm gonna stand by my decision to pass on fifa. I played every year starting with 13. I said it when legends were first introduced that I didn't like the concept. I ruins the feel of the game, is out of place, and kills the fun of creative squad building. It got worse and worse as they added more and the legends became more overtuned. Added in with the unending glut of special cards they've been adding to the game and it's made the game less fun and the players feel less unique and special. I don't see the trend reversing on special cards and I don't see them removing legends ever.

Has anything major been announced gameplay wise? I've heard it feels like fifa 18 but slower which is incredibly damning. If they somehow release a quick free flowing game like 15 and 13 I could investigate but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways I'm still looking for a competitive sports game to fill fifa's gap. It seems like everything is ran by really bad companies (2k and EA) or is extremely amateurish.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The lure of playing a soccer game after a six month break is strong my friend

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Again the 19 demo feels really good to me lol I'm happy about it

I already know I'm gonna be mad at some lucky headers tho because headers seem very good

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
demo actually feels better than the beta imho, which is weird, because i thought the demo and beta are usually the same build?

doing a seria a, russian league, french league and chinese league squads this year

my mouth is already watering thinking about all the saucy goals KEVIN LASAGNA will score for me this year https://www.futhead.com/19/players/5622/kevin-lasagna/

btw, the chinese league has absolute hot trash for defense, but you can easily just use an all brazilian back line and have near perfect chemistry since all the good mids are also brazilian

also looks like a good chem :tito: team is now possible with some of the transfers that happened this summer

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 17, 2018

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Demo is solid, although I can't do timed finishes to save my life.

Seems like the FUT webapp will be available tomorrow. Or is it tonight? What time & timezones exactly?

I'm hyped to build up a lovely starter squad :pcgaming:

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Tzen posted:

I'm hyped to build up a lovely starter squad :pcgaming:

:same:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I love the way 19 is playing. It feels like a noticeable improvement on most fronts.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Timed Finishes definitely seems like a niche tryhard thing which is probably good, you don't want to make it too easy to do

I think honestly 90% of people are gonna be better served by turning it off entirely so you don't accidentally gently caress up any easy chances, and you probably almost never want to do it when you have a high % chance like a 1 on 1 or something

I'm still gonna leave it on and just practice it tho because it seems fun and you can hit some cracker long shots with it

Glad everyone else likes the demo too, I really think this one feels the best in a long time and I'm looking forward to playing it

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea I know I posted a funny meltdown post but I did say

quote:

If they somehow release a quick free flowing game like 15 and 13 I could investigate but I'm not holding my breath.

It seems like they actually did do this. It feels way more fun and fluid than 16 17 or 18. It also seems to have addressed the defensive imbalances in 17 and 18 which made them super unfun (17 every pass intercepted, 18 no pass intercepted but back 4 is impenetrable). Also turning off park the bus is a big deal, that combined with rewards for non-wl modes is huge for me. I'm sure it will come out people will break the game and the patch will be worse but for now it feels good. Also in regards to the card glut, yea it might happen again, but it's usually six months in that is starts getting bad so if I get a good six months beating ppl in WL with Jhon Cordoba then that's good enough. Also the chemstyle nerfs have my hopes up as well that that whole aspect of the game is better tuned.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like the web app should be released within a few hours and they also dropped TOTW1:

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Okay, so I just got that IF Payet from one of my first packs. When is the best time to sell him? A week after the game comes out or something like that? People don't really have money now it seems

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

UnderFreddy posted:

Okay, so I just got that IF Payet from one of my first packs. When is the best time to sell him? A week after the game comes out or something like that? People don't really have money now it seems

hollllld

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get anything great but I probably got stuff totaling about 10k, gonna see if I can spin that up at all before launch

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got dogshit in my packs but I have the EA access so I completed my starter challenges and put together this cheap chinese serie a hybrid.

It looks really good. I think lavezzi will be a sleeper card. I'm gonna try and get IF Strakosha for discard soon as well.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Aren't the leaderboards separated by console?

On the web app it has people with 200k match earnings already, and the game isn't out for PS4!!!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

UnderFreddy posted:

oof you lucky gently caress. I'd hang onto him for at least a week. I could see his price rising like crazy. He's currently available for buyout at like 30k, but in another week once the game is out proper I can see that price rising like crazy.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

All my loyalty/starter packs were full of garbage. I did the 4 opening SBCs and got more garbage. However, I was able to build an "A" squad and a fun b squad,

I'll continue to stack up what coins I can from the webapp and plan to play out these squads for awhile. At least until I have some decent bank from the coin boosts. Then I'll build up the A squad and probably replace the b squad with some other league/nation. We'll see!

This is the best time of FUT/FIFA I swear. :pcgaming:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I haven't even played or given a poo poo about 18

Have they let you skip player celebrations and poo poo in career/Journey yet? Absolutely #1 annoyance in 17 and I might give this a try if you don't have to watch 10 seconds of bullshit before the replay comes on and you can actually skip.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Apparently there is currently a glitch where you can play on EA Access the 10 hour pre release for unlimited hours if you spam A while the game loads and see FIFA 19 in the bottom right instead of EA Access. Going to try it when I get home.

Sounds a bit tedious since the guy said average takes about 10 attempts to get the FIFA 19 logo but worth a shot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

PRESS TRIANGLE TO HIDE

As someone who never really hosed with FUT, what is the best way to consistently make money on the app?

Also I wanna get down with some pro clubs, is there a group of people who all play each year?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 21, 2018

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ultimate Team is really bad.

I play pro clubs and h2h a lot on Xbox One, it's cool. tfowl

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

PRESS TRIANGLE TO HIDE

As someone who never really hosed with FUT, what is the best way to consistently make money on the app?

Also I wanna get down with some pro clubs, is there a group of people who all play each year?

Buy a popular player for his lowest BIN, mark it up like 4 clicks of whatever price they're at, like say buy for 1800 and list for 2100 or 2200, and just keep listing it every hour and someone will eventually buy it because they have paid $10000 for points and have 500k coins and they are just doing an SBC or some poo poo and don't care, or some other narrative as to why they are lazy and buying a 2200 coin player, but anyway it happens

Once the game launches do this with more expensive players that are super popular when you have more coins

For instance, last year I would buy Son for like 25k and re sell him for 29-30k several times per day

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Buy a popular player for his lowest BIN, mark it up like 4 clicks of whatever price they're at, like say buy for 1800 and list for 2100 or 2200, and just keep listing it every hour and someone will eventually buy it because they have paid $10000 for points and have 500k coins and they are just doing an SBC or some poo poo and don't care, or some other narrative as to why they are lazy and buying a 2200 coin player, but anyway it happens

Once the game launches do this with more expensive players that are super popular when you have more coins

For instance, last year I would buy Son for like 25k and re sell him for 29-30k several times per day

Thank you!

What’s the best way to determine what to pay for a player? Just pick someone and keep an eye on their BIN prices over the course of a day?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Thank you!

What’s the best way to determine what to pay for a player? Just pick someone and keep an eye on their BIN prices over the course of a day?

Yeah more or less, you kinda get a feel for it, although sometimes you will lose all your profits sometimes if you aren't aware of when the usual crashes happen, like around black friday and some other times like that

There's also a trick of just listing your best player overnight for like a 20% profit every night, maybe it sells one time every couple weeks but it's barely any work and you'd be surprised how much extra you could get from time to time. If you have one 100k dude that's just a free 15k occasionally.

Another good thing is to try and snipe players who are being price fixed, like go to futbin and look in the SBC solutions and look in the top one for an SBC with a good reward, say a mega pack or something.

There's a good chance someone is price fixing a key player in that squad, so say buying all of a silver player and selling him for 3k. If you spam search on that player, or bid on all the cards that are like under 2k or something, you can win a lot because people will just pack those players and list them without checking the price. So you might get one for like 400 coins. The risk of these is if you do the bidding technique and it gets flooded and the price fix doesn't hold, maybe they all drop down to 400 coins again, so just be careful, but it has potential to make a bunch.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 21, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
this game is loving hard as hell this year jesus christ.

mp i mean. I placed into div 5 after going 2 wins 2 losses 1 draw in placements (i forgot that even clicking on my other monitor will automatically DC me and give me a loss on PC now so that counts for one of those) and i'm 1w-2l in div 5 so far. The divisions system is of course VERY different now so I'm not sure what early game div5 now would have been in previous years but gently caress me I'm really struggling to score so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

There's also the "Bronze Pack Method", but it won't pay off until you have access to the full game and can list 100 transfers at once. I've been doing it with this limit of 30 transfers and have made 5k in one day of doing it. - Once the full game is out and more people are buying random bronzes to complete SBCs / need fitness cards / etc. you'll rack in a lot more over the course of a day. I remember during FIFA 18 I could make 15-30k a day doing it.

This reddit post explains it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/6z88tw/imaduckquackk_bpm_bronze_pack_method/

An example just now,
I bought a 400 bronze pack. It came with 4 players. 2 of those players sold for 200 coins. 1 player was worth more and just sold for 800 coins. The other player will eventually sell, as will the 2 fitness cards. - Spent 400 coins, immediately earned the 400 coin investment and made 800 profit. Will eventually earn another 600 profit from the fitness cards & player.

It's small profits, but over the course of a day/week, it adds up and takes zero effort or thinking.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 22, 2018