Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I also have that Tagliafico and he owns. And when he scores you get to see his goofy glasses.
Nice team btw. I'm looking forward for the Serie A TOTS tomorrow, saved my packs. That way I'll only be disappointed one time this week instead of multiple times :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tots mkhitaryan is coming :catholic:

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Also have the Tagliafico TOTS. He does indeed own. Trying for a team of current and former Ajax players that is competitive. Getting red TOTS Kimmich threw a spanner in that though. What a midfield boss that guy is. He's everywhere and rock solid in tackles and on the ball.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tots has really been exceptional so far, with the exception of the prem one which is great :twisted:

I was running serie a up top before this and in like three weeks I have a completely new roster, fully untradable from all the sbcs

Hate the gameplay still but the content really has been good

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also yes I’m a fb at cb rat by perceived necessity

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
yeah TOTS time is so so good in terms of having new players thrown at you if you play weekend league. It's honestly baffling that they don't tie promos into weekend league the entire year, team of the week is increasingly a useless thing compared to the players released every week or two otherwise.

And yeah the fullback at CB thing just works, there's just a lot of fullbacks who are at least in the area of big and strong enough, and obviously having 90+ pace or whatever is something CBs can't compete with except for a small handful of extremely expensive options. I'm really hoping Dortmund wins that game, zagadou is good without the upgrade (and most importantly, was cheap) but with a +2 upgrade he'll be insane.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Yeah I don't know why I persist with Rijkaard and Koeman at the back other than stupid nostalgia (and chemistry for Kimmich). I need some good TOTS Eredivisie options to make my dream of a competitive Ajax team come true. This is what I'm running right now.

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 21, 2021

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://twitter.com/KingLangpard/status/1395696157335199746?s=19

If this is true I want Mertens, Martinez, Romero, Cuadrado, Skriniar and Kessie tia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*descending into blind fervor*

t a s t e posted:

Tots mkhitaryan is coming :catholic:

I’m pretty sure he was leading the league in assists until he was injured in March but we don’t really care so who knows

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Sweet, packed Insigne and Romero.
Gonna do the Barella challenges and the Lozano SBC and my team will go from this:

to this:

Then I'll just have to pack a better striker or buy one of the better Mertens/Martinez/Immobile versions.
Looks like a sweet team imo

EDIT: and maybe finally upgrade my trusty Manolas

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you have the scratch try using dalot at cb and picking up Bruno Peres or cuadrado, whoever’s cheaper

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ugh, now I want that Nainggolan too. So my team would look like this:

Never played 4-5-1 but that midfield looks fully sick imo

t a s t e posted:

If you have the scratch try using dalot at cb and picking up Bruno Peres or cuadrado, whoever’s cheaper

Cool, I'll look into this

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

hey so uh this guy is pretty loving good lol.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

I seriously hate coming up against him. His shooting is just ridiculous. I'm forever scrambling to try and block his lanes cause if he gets a clear one off it's in 99 out of 100 times. Made it to Gold 1 for the first time this week. Anyone else playing WL noticing that the opposition is softening even though the teams are full of TOTS cards?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

I seriously hate coming up against him. His shooting is just ridiculous. I'm forever scrambling to try and block his lanes cause if he gets a clear one off it's in 99 out of 100 times. Made it to Gold 1 for the first time this week. Anyone else playing WL noticing that the opposition is softening even though the teams are full of TOTS cards?

It's not uncommon, tons of players who don't generally play weekend league come back and try for the free TOTS rewards, and while obviously the better players are also all playing and playing harder than ever, they're outnumbered by the not so good players.

that said, I was 17-6 this weekend and figured i'd go for the easy gold 1 for the 100k packs (i got g1 the last two weeks as well) and then went 2-5 and miss g1.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Holy poo poo that Nani card

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The new player effect and ELO juggle are real, but so are the bad servers and rng heavy gameplay

If you buy into the meta you can definitely jump up a few wins reliably, I started playing 5atb and suddenly was contending for gold 1 regularly where I’d never reached it before. If I wasn’t dogshit at skill moves I might get lucky one weekend and approach elite but so it goes

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Played weekend league for the first time last week. Got to silver 1. My red pick today is TOTS Lewandowski :getin:

Doesn't fit my Serie A team at all though, oh well.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

Played weekend league for the first time last week. Got to silver 1. My red pick today is TOTS Lewandowski :getin:

Yoooooooooo sick, congrats!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

hopterque posted:

Yoooooooooo sick, congrats!

Thanks. Managed to get him to 8 chem in my team and he's so good lmao. Only managed to play 2 games so far, he's scored 6 times.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

shut up blegum posted:

So I played Weekend League for the last time last week. Made a push for Gold 2 so that I was guaranteed a TOTS Ultimate pick in both of my red rewards. I got TOTS Cancelo in the picks twice... So I took him and TOTS Orsic but that was a huge bummer. Don't know if I can be arsed with any more of this game after that.

Don't want to rain on your parade too much though. Would have loved to get a go at TOTS Lewa he looks insane. Congrats!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

That’s dope though, a cheap and effective option is to link him in with Zielinski, idk what you’re doing now but you can probably just pop him up top in a 4-5-1

I got some decent luck and pulled Theo Hernandez which fits my French/Italian hybrid, but Orsic was the best of my second four. Gold 2 magic :I

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

So I played Weekend League for the last time last week. Made a push for Gold 2 so that I was guaranteed a TOTS Ultimate pick in both of my red rewards. I got TOTS Cancelo in the picks twice... So I took him and TOTS Orsic but that was a huge bummer. Don't know if I can be arsed with any more of this game after that.

Don't want to rain on your parade too much though. Would have loved to get a go at TOTS Lewa he looks insane. Congrats!

I just saw there’s another promo, maybe I won’t play WL anymore either. Depends if they release a Eusebio SBC and I need fodder I guess.

Cancelo is a nice player at least, never been angry at him in either fullback or subbed as CDM. Still, same frustrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

hahah loving insane :getin:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

t a s t e posted:

Holy poo poo that Nani card
Nani is insane and has saved my rear end on several games now. He's apart of my Super All Star MLS Subs,

Last night for example, he scored the go ahead and insurance goal,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIGl51Iwc9M&t=21s

I sub those 3 on usually between 65'-75' and they've accounted for 9 goals and 11 assists across roughly 10 games :getin:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’ve got a red Rossi I used as a sub and he’s a monster as well, more so than you’d think. He’s got strong stats but he seems to just always be in the right place when I need a late goal.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

t a s t e posted:

That’s dope though, a cheap and effective option is to link him in with Zielinski, idk what you’re doing now but you can probably just pop him up top in a 4-5-1

I got some decent luck and pulled Theo Hernandez which fits my French/Italian hybrid, but Orsic was the best of my second four. Gold 2 magic :I

Yup, that's the route I went with.
Here's the squad I'm rolling with, it's basically Serie A TOTS + some other guys lmao.
Lewa and Tagliafico are on 8 chem, the rest is on 10. I don't think the 2 missing chem makes a difference, because I have to say, Lewa is preeeeeeeetty good.

This is the best team I've had in like, the last 5 Fifa's I played. And I only started playing ~2 months ago? It's crazy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That really is a crazy squad for two months, sheesh

Depending on how you use Kessie I might suggest replacing him with De Paul or ilicic, if only because you could have Barella as a defensive presence and use zielinski as a more well rounded b2b. Then again maybe just upgrade to Kessie TOTS if viable lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

t a s t e posted:

That really is a crazy squad for two months, sheesh

Depending on how you use Kessie I might suggest replacing him with De Paul or ilicic, if only because you could have Barella as a defensive presence and use zielinski as a more well rounded b2b. Then again maybe just upgrade to Kessie TOTS if viable lol
It's exactly 2 months apparently. Made his post on April 10th:

shut up blegum posted:

EDIT: welp, bought 21. Haven't noticed much difference apart from the streamlined UI so far

I focused on Serie A from the start. Used the icon tokens on the 84+ x 20 pack and that's how I got Insigne and Romero. Got Donnaruma from a Serie A TOTS guarantee pack I think. Barella is an objective reward and Lozano was an SBC.
The rest is fairly cheap actually. I think Cuadrado is my most expensive player, paid 160k IIRC?
Basically what I'm saying is, start fifa late in it's life cycle ftw

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 11, 2021

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean honestly you can just get an insane team late in the year no matter what the power creep is really real

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

So I blew up my team out of frustration yesterday. I noticed that Frenkie de Jong was selling at 1,500,000 coins. I had bought him at 1,150,000 so that was a nice tidy profit and guess what! It allowed me to buy TOTS Lewa. My team looks like this now:

TOTS Lewa is insane. Played 7 games in WL so far and he's scored 13(!) goals. Javi Martinez is just there to make the chemistry work and I had the fodder to do him. He's alright against not too great opposition but if I'm struggling to keep control of midfield he comes off and either Gündogan or Vazquez slots in there, depending on how I feel. I'm playing the 4-3-3 (4) now in a super offensive way. Not super happy about Sterling so far so I might change that up to something like Coman on the left and Costa on the right but who knows. I'm just rolling with my impulses now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That new gnabry that just got released will probably be a straight upgrade of sterling for fewer coins once the price settles.

Also I’m not too fond of gundogan from when I needed him for chem so maybe it opens up a Brazilian in midfield for chem

E: like so lol, get the fifa mascot in on it

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 11, 2021

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

t a s t e posted:

That new gnabry that just got released will probably be a straight upgrade of sterling for fewer coins once the price settles.

Also I’m not too fond of gundogan from when I needed him for chem so maybe it opens up a Brazilian in midfield for chem

E: like so lol, get the fifa mascot in on it

Not a bad idea. I have an untradeable NIF Neymar in my club...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Preview packs are petty cool. Everyday I "open" packs and lol at the content of said packs

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

Preview packs are petty cool. Everyday I "open" packs and lol at the content of said packs

yeah they're great. It's a really smart move on EA's part as it neatly wraps up the 'gambling' legistlation issues, is an improvement for the players, and will probably lead to them making more money in the long term because of the fear of missing out effect that drives so much of this sort of stuff.

The way I see it is, the big spenders will continue to spend big, the medium tier spenders will be slightly more selective with their packs but probably spend about as much on average as they have before, but the people that spend very little or nothing at all will probably be more likely to spend more with this new system.

It also is almost certainly a MASSIVE win for their engagement metrics which are probably nearly as important to them as actual number of fifa points bought, while also making it so that people who are spending more reasonable amounts of money can choose to spend that money on packs that actually contain something worth buying instead of just blindly throwing cash at the problem.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Man there sure are a lot of cards with all 90+

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

did the Summer Stars SBC and got 94 ovr Phillips lol. Then bought the Chiesa card which is pretty insane.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Here I am, a relic of the past who prefers Career Mode over FUT.

Guessing Parmos is no longer a thing?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Surefire way to tell if people have stopped playing? I make it to Gold 3 in WL with 10 games left.

I have to say I love the poo poo out of this squad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

Surefire way to tell if people have stopped playing? I make it to Gold 3 in WL with 10 games left.

I have to say I love the poo poo out of this squad though.

That's a really nice team. I wish the level of content and reward generosity was like this all year, even if the players aren't 98s or w/e, its cool to have the amount of options the game provides towards the tail end and always makes me wish i still cared about playing this late.