Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I like how this game features "expected goals" which real shows how dumb that stat is and/or how terrible I am at finishing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Never played FUT before but figured I'd give it a try on a lark. It's fun so far but my only question is, is there any easy way to figure out which Squad Building Challenges you can complete with what players you have?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I bought FIFA 22 on ps network so I can play with my buddies. But they are on PS4, so I can’t play with them unless I pay 100 bucks for the ultimate edition. No refunds because I downloaded the game before I realized we couldn’t play. gently caress EA.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 26, 2021

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Adun posted:

Never played FUT before but figured I'd give it a try on a lark. It's fun so far but my only question is, is there any easy way to figure out which Squad Building Challenges you can complete with what players you have?

Futbin has an SBC section that has user submitted solutions. Most usually copy the solutions so some of the listed prices can be inflated because everyone rushes to buy those players on the market so I use the solutions mainly to just a better idea of what links I need to use.

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

I bought FIFA 22 on ps network so I can play with my buddies. But they are on PS4, so I can’t play with them unless I pay 100 bucks for the ultimate edition. No refunds because I downloaded the game before I realized we couldn’t play. gently caress EA.

The PS4 only version is the same price so if you contact PS support there's a chance they might let you exchange it

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

Well, really, gently caress Sony for having a completely psycho refund policy

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Adun posted:

Nope, and generally I'd say the expectation is you're gonna be buying players to fill in any more complicated sbcs, or high rated ones or whatever.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

The SituAsian posted:

Futbin has an SBC section that has user submitted solutions. Most usually copy the solutions so some of the listed prices can be inflated because everyone rushes to buy those players on the market so I use the solutions mainly to just a better idea of what links I need to use.

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges

Thanks. Game looks great, but I also haven’t really played any FIFA in the last ten years. Time to watch some YouTube videos or something and figure out how to actually play the game

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Adun posted:

Thanks. Game looks great, but I also haven’t really played any FIFA in the last ten years. Time to watch some YouTube videos or something and figure out how to actually play the game

There's also a way to import your club to futbin and then it shows you which players yo can use for which sbc. It doesn't work very good though.
I mostly used futbin to get an idea of how to complete the objectives. For example if a team used 4-5 players from the same league but with different nationalities, I'd check my club to see if I have a lot of players from the same league and then try to go from there.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

There's also a way to import your club to futbin and then it shows you which players yo can use for which sbc. It doesn't work very good though.
I mostly used futbin to get an idea of how to complete the objectives. For example if a team used 4-5 players from the same league but with different nationalities, I'd check my club to see if I have a lot of players from the same league and then try to go from there.

Yeah same pretty much. For some of the top tier advanced sbcs and/or the puzzle sbcs they add occasionally its sometimes better to just go with exactly one of the presented solutions or you wind up in a situation where you keep making replacements until you've overspent anyway.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah also not just hopterque if anyone else wanted to play PS5 parmos (pro clubs) let me know, we can barely field a team since a couple people quit or didnt' get PS5s and no one new has joined in awhile

You don't have to be good as long as you don't just like never pass or anything insane like that, we are very chill and just play to have a good time and maybe score some spicy goals sometimes

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 28, 2021

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh yeah also not just hopterque if anyone else wanted to play PS5 parmos (pro clubs) let me know, we can barely field a team since a couple people quit or didnt' get PS5s and no one new has joined in awhile

You don't have to be good as long as you don't just like never pass or anything insane like that, we are very chill and just play to have a good time and maybe score some spicy goals sometimes

It’s true

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

dxt posted:

I like how this game features "expected goals" which real shows how dumb that stat is and/or how terrible I am at finishing

I beat Arsenal 3-1 in the FA Cup with League 2 Barrow and it said Arsenal's xG was 17 lol

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Got CR7 tradeable from my div rivals rewards this week, prettttttttty nice.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
thread mostly dead

have some pro clubs highlights from this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbT8TQtCBA

Dollas fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 25, 2022

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dollas posted:

thread mostly dead

have some pro clubs highlights from this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbT8TQtCBA&t=206s

speaking of pro clubs we're still taking anyone who wants to play on PS5 if anyone somehow has one!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
anyone still playing this dumb game?

I took a 5 or 6 week break but came back a couple weeks ago ahead of TOTS, really disappointed in them gutting WL rewards, was looking forward to some tradeable TOTS packs.

Did some SBCs the last couple weeks with accumulated fodder, and got prime VDS from icon swaps.

I tried the Raspadori sbc before I did Nedved but despite very promising stats and 4star/5star, that guy really sucked for me. Nedved has been excellent (which all of his cards typically are for me)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

I took a 5 or 6 week break but came back a couple weeks ago ahead of TOTS, really disappointed in them gutting WL rewards, was looking forward to some tradeable TOTS packs.

Did some SBCs the last couple weeks with accumulated fodder, and got prime VDS from icon swaps.

I tried the Raspadori sbc before I did Nedved but despite very promising stats and 4star/5star, that guy really sucked for me. Nedved has been excellent (which all of his cards typically are for me)

I pretty much entirely quit when MLB came out, haha. Just got too frustrated with the finishing and passing. Maybe 23 will be better!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Apparently fifa is a ps plus game next month. So I'll probably download it to see what it looks like on ps5. Maybe I'll even play it??

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
i've definitely come to prefer the next gen version to the old gen version, i swapped back and forth every weekend for a while when i got my ps5 but have stuck with next gen for a while now.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

hopterque posted:

Hello fellow Serie A merchant. Playing on PS5 and I took a ~1 month break after Future Stars and came back around FUT Fantasy and have been enjoying it since. I've saved up 60 packs so far for TOTS (going to open tradeables during Prem and untradables during Serie A). Love Raspadori though - I used his Future Stars card up until this one.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Fifa 22 sure is different. Don't remember dribbling through French bistro's in 21

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
me and my friends still have a blast abusing game mechanics and being extremely toxic in pro clubs. here are some examples from the last couple weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjO9X0kgxxs

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
oh, hello there

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Hi I just got FIFA22 for free on PS5 and this FUT mode wants me to play with a friend, will anybody be my friend?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Thread dead, game dead

quote:

The FIFA video game will be disappearing after the maker failed to strike a new licensing deal with world soccer's governing body.

Instead, EA Sports FC will be introduced from 2023 after the company creates the final game in partnership with FIFA later this year.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

hahahahaha, remember when FIFA made a movie?

quote:

In its own statement later on Tuesday, FIFA said it would be launching new soccer video games developed with third-party studios and publishers. Several non-simulation games were already in production and will launch in the third quarter of this year, FIFA added.

"I can assure you that the only authentic, real game that has the FIFA name will be the best one available for gamers and football fans," FIFA president Gianni Infantino said. "The FIFA name is the only global, original title. FIFA 23, FIFA 24, FIFA 25 and FIFA 26, and so on -- the constant is the FIFA name and it will remain forever and remain THE BEST."

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
lmao at just thinking "oh yeah dude we're gonna just keep the series going no problem". shocking that the old corrupt scumbags don't have a solid grasp on what goes in to making a videogame.

i don't even think they're actually going to be able to continue the licensing and branding stuff and actually make "fifa 23, fifa 24" etc, they'll have to go with some other naming convention probably.

Also the rumor has been that they might have contracted with 2K to make the new mainline 'sports sim' style game which will be an unmitigated disaster for a bunch of reasons, including that 2k doesn't have any sort of reliable server infrastructure for europe seemingly judging by what it's like trying to play the nba2k series over here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fifa 22 sucks rear end anyway

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yeah I'm a real big pain pig when it comes to FIFA but I tapped out pretty early this year

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I haven't paid for a full FIFA since uh, maybe 16? and only played through things like EA play til this year when steam had a gigantic sale on 22, so its no big loss to me, but its still hilarious that FIFA is gonna do a Curt Schilling

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
lol FIFA are idiots

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

lol FIFA are idiots

I was wondering if it's also a case of "well they put out a new game every year so it shouldn't take that long to get one made"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

hopterque posted:

I was wondering if it's also a case of "well they put out a new game every year so it shouldn't take that long to get one made"

It is 100% this. No one in FIFA has the first clue what goes into making a game from scratch and they're in for a fun time soon. According to The Athletic, FIFA saw how much of EA's revenue it was worth (reportedly 1/3 of their annual of 5.6 billion!) and decided they wanted a bigger piece, and when they and EA couldn't come to an agreement decided they'd get all of it.

e: also I think the thread title is answered, now

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 12, 2022

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

Oh definitely! That just solidifies my opinion they are absolutely and deeply moronic though.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Honestly it's going to be nice when they have an avenue to express their greed and incompetence which doesn't affect me personally in any way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tots modeste like it’s 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.futbin.com/22/player/25474/anthony-modeste

that dynamic image too. lets loving gooooooooooooooo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
For anyone still playing if you're running a bundesliga team or defense or whatever do yourselves a favor and do the objective for flashback Süle. I've been using his showdown card for ages and it's been a complete rock for me in defense, and the new one is just a straight up +2 upgrade on it and free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've been playing this since it was free on ps+ which is mega cool. I used to buy fifa every year but stopped around fifa 12 or so. Now I only get it every so often and only when it's super cheap or free! I only really play career mode anyway. Currently taking Sutton United to champions league glory