Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Look into Rodrigo for your La Liga team IMO, he's a drat beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I just had the weirdest bug ever

I was playing squad battles, and all of a sudden I couldn't do some stuff I wanted to do, my players felt unresponsive, but I wasn't really sure what was going on. A few seconds later, I got kicked off of EA servers. Okay whatever, I didn't want to take a loss but I'm relatively safely in elite 1 for SB so whatever.

I went to go do division rivals, and I figured out my through ball and shoot buttons weren't working at all, even on defense!!

I thought it was my controller so I paused and connected another one and it was still happening lol, my shoot and through ball buttons had been completely disabled, so anyway I restarted the PS4 and I'm gonna see if it's fixed now or if they decided to just patch shooting and through balls out of my game lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

how soon/frequently will EA release bug-fixing/balancing patches?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

how soon/frequently will EA release bug-fixing/balancing patches?

I think in the past we got maybe a patch a month or something around there

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They patch about once a month until December then 1 or 2 more usually until the next version.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm still a big advocate for Zaza and I think anyone trying a 433 should use him but I was waiting on and hoping for Mandzukic to get an IF to replace Zaza. What Mandzukic lacks in some pace and flair compared to zaza he makes up for with the power header trait + height, top top finishing, respectable passing and the x factor of having defensive capabilities upfield (which is extremely underrated). I'm gonna put engine on him and start whipping some serious crosses in. They both have the awesome strength and aggression combo but IF mandzukic is just too good atm. Hopefully Zaza gets an IF soon.

Seriously though defense on a striker seems pointless until you star winning interceptions 10 yards from goal and bringing your striker back to win tackles off unsuspecting midfielders. Obviously it's the least important trait for that position but it does help and makes a player feel unique. I rolled with Suker awhile back when he had those defending stats and it was fun.

e- ooo, mandzukic has the flair trait too nice. Obviously no 4* skills though.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

So this is my Brazil themed Team after getting IF Talisca and finishing the Lucas POTM Squad builder.
In former pay for points years I already had a ovr 86+ team at this point but the road to upgrades is fun.

I would love to add Firminho and Douglas Costa, but they are about 110k and 180k coins on PC last time I checked.

IF Talisca is a beast as CAM and really fun to play. He feels „stronger“ than a a 84 ovr player.
Maybe it is because of Paulinho. He is solid but does not feel like a 85 player in contrast, maybe I should play him as CAM and/or learn to utilize him better.

IF Leiva is completely destroying opponents CAM‘s and CM‘s with aggressive settings, he has 89 interceptions ingame value and became my most revenge fouled player in Div Rivals. I am still not sure if I prefer him as a CDM or CM.

POTM Lucas is so loving agile and so loving fast that I had serious problems to adapt the first games, he felt like a bouncy/superball in a pinball machine.
Good and strong LB‘s will completely block him tho physically so you have to use his 4* Skills and Agility to create space and get past fast and anticipating defenders.

Of course I lost my first SB on worldclass with that squad after the AI netted a 15 Meter header in the 89th Minute for the win just after I hit the post 2 times in a row. Was my first ragequit vs CPU in a while.

And of course my 4 Gold and 7 silver player HSV fitness squad performed better and I scored this beauty with IF Lasogga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI2El0a4ETM :confused: :nsa:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Also this is one of those totws that wrecks my coin balance because I want to try so many players. I want Mandzukic (mandatory), Acosta (key to good Zlatan hybrid), Stark, De Marcos, and Guarin

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Seltzer posted:

Seriously though defense on a striker seems pointless until you star winning interceptions 10 yards from goal and bringing your striker back to win tackles off unsuspecting midfielders. Obviously it's the least important trait for that position but it does help and makes a player feel unique. I rolled with Suker awhile back when he had those defending stats and it was fun.
Did I understand this correctly, you slap a chemcard like Anchor on a striker?
I looked up raregold Mandzukic and his 66 DEF value is one of the best (#26) when you sort attackers.
Valentin Rongier is currently at #3 behind Gullit (83) and Blanc (79) which are icons.

If you build a best possible interceptions team with Anchor Cards and aggressive interception settings and like 532, could that work even slightly ? Might be a funny Troll team or a free win for your opponent. At least it would be a funny experiment / experience.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Nah his defending is already good enough to be a factor (70 interceptions for instance) most strikers have def stats in the 30-50s where they don't come into play much. I'm going to use engine on mandzukic to round him out

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

After bitching endlessly to EA support reps, and complaining on their Twitter that I still don’t have access to the transfer market on the web/companion apps, I suddenly have access today, even though I hadn’t played a single game of fifa in 2 days. Just goes to show you their excuse of “every Fifa player has a random magic number of FUT games they must play in order to gain access to the transfer market on apps” is complete bullshit. I suggest anyone who doesn’t have access, just keep contacting support and complaining. It’s ridiculous that they withhold features of the game you paid full price for, without even giving you a real answer as to why.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just noticed today that for rank 2 in div 4, the untradeable reward is worse than the one for rank 3 lol

By like 25k coins worth too I think

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just did the Moura challenge and he isn’t in my club. I’m going to freak if he bugged out.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Im definitely hosed aren’t I.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Make sure you filter it so you search for “special” players

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Make a cheap transfer and see if he comes up as assignable. I had a player seemingly disappear recently and he reappeared when I bought something else.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

RCarr posted:

Make sure you filter it so you search for “special” players

Oh jeez, thanks. That’s such a weird feature. He doesn’t show up unless I search for him.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

I just noticed today that for rank 2 in div 4, the untradeable reward is worse than the one for rank 3 lol

By like 25k coins worth too I think

this is probably a case of it not displaying all the rewards correctly, the 'real' rewards will be shown when you can pick them.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Oh jeez, thanks. That’s such a weird feature. He doesn’t show up unless I search for him.

He's untradeable so he will be there after the end of all your tradeable cards in your club. This is the same for all untradeable cards.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

Yea it threw me for a loop when I was looking for him too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This every volley being a goal thing is ridiculous. EA 100% put that in there because of the last CL campaign and now it's broken and stupid. I thought it was a one off when my Nacho Fernandez scored a bicycle on a corner but I swear bad crosses to players who shouldnt be on the end of a cross are getting rewarded more than heading.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The Kingfish posted:

This happened to me when I bought Werner, when I still had loan card Werner in my squad. I thought FIFA bugged and I was out 15k, but no, I had to remove the loan card from my active squad, THEN he showed up in my player list. Shits stupid.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

This every volley being a goal thing is ridiculous. EA 100% put that in there because of the last CL campaign and now it's broken and stupid. I thought it was a one off when my Nacho Fernandez scored a bicycle on a corner but I swear bad crosses to players who shouldnt be on the end of a cross are getting rewarded more than heading.

Its not just volleys too. I have scored at least 8 bicycle kick goals this FIFA. I never scored more than 10 over the past 5+ loving FIFA's total. It's insane. Even my CBs & CDMs have scored them.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

CBs routinely clear lobbed passes off their line with bicycle kicks this year. I like 19 a lot but EA has plenty of cleaning up to do.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 4, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, they're gonna patch a lot of that stuff pretty quickly, a bicycle kick being like the best way to score a cross is obviously very silly.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tzen posted:

Its not just volleys too. I have scored at least 8 bicycle kick goals this FIFA. I never scored more than 10 over the past 5+ loving FIFA's total. It's insane. Even my CBs & CDMs have scored them.

Literally the game after I made that post I scored an insane volley with some waster. I don't know if volleys will be tweaked but thankfully the first patch is going to address sidefoot shots.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

I'm still a big advocate for Zaza and I think anyone trying a 433 should use him but I was waiting on and hoping for Mandzukic to get an IF to replace Zaza. What Mandzukic lacks in some pace and flair compared to zaza he makes up for with the power header trait + height, top top finishing, respectable passing and the x factor of having defensive capabilities upfield (which is extremely underrated). I'm gonna put engine on him and start whipping some serious crosses in. They both have the awesome strength and aggression combo but IF mandzukic is just too good atm. Hopefully Zaza gets an IF soon.

e- ooo, mandzukic has the flair trait too nice. Obviously no 4* skills though.

Since we have like the same fifa brain I decided to switch to a serie a team and try IF mandzukic, big surprise, he's a drat beast.

Here's the squad I put together for now

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/424020

Also, Mr Payday, the Lucas you have on your squad is the loan player, I'm guessing you know that but he'll only last 20 games. His 'real' sbc set is pretty affordable and doable, especially for what is right now a top tier RM in the game.

e: I'd also say he'll remain a good option at that position the entire year, I didn't get a better bpl RM than that until like post TOTS

hopterque fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 4, 2018

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Seltzer posted:

Literally the game after I made that post I scored an insane volley with some waster. I don't know if volleys will be tweaked but thankfully the first patch is going to address sidefoot shots.

what would it take for you to not play a fifa game

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdIJPnaPhWM

They really couldn't care less about clubs.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, player rating as far as like your match rating does literally nothing afaik

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I decided to gamble just for fun and take the untradeable packs for my rank 1 division 4 rewards

It was actually an insane haul because it doesn't even show the full amount of poo poo you get like someone said earlier, I got two mega packs, two rare players packs AND two prime gold players packs

Anyway, I got an untradeable OTW Sokratis and Kante which will be good if I ever switch over to a BPL team, and I used those to do two of the CL player upgrades with which I got complete trash, like 79 overall players. I did the Under the Lights thing though and got Hamsik and Werner! So between just those two I got 48k back and basically "paid" 17k to get untradeable Kante and OTW Sokratis so that's definitely a good deal I think, even if I have to just use Kante as a sub when I'm winning for awhile.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

To be fair, player rating as far as like your match rating does literally nothing afaik

I think it helps with boosting your pro faster. Also if you're fishing to play with a good club when friends aren't on then they may not play with you if they judge ratings.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

I think it helps with boosting your pro faster. Also if you're fishing to play with a good club when friends aren't on then they may not play with you if they judge ratings.

The second part might be true, the first I think is something that people think but I don't actually think it does, but I could be wrong. To be honest, like, pros grow pretty fast, I think in parmos we all had like 89 overall within a month or so last year and I'm already 86 this year.

A lot of your growth comes from unlocking skill points too which is just purely by # of games played.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I never hit 92 last year only 91 so I didn't even max out. I don't play a crazy amount of games so progression speed is a factor to me.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

I never hit 92 last year only 91 so I didn't even max out. I don't play a crazy amount of games so progression speed is a factor to me.

I never hit 92 either, almost no one did, I'm saying you get to 90 really fast and I'm pretty sure the progression speed doesn't change

I was 90 or 91 at the end of the year having played hundreds of games

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Hah, yeah.. most all the guys I played with were 92 and over 1k games... takes forever. Some 93 goalkeepers too.

I played in the 600s I think.

Also:

EA posted:

Base Match XP

Base Match XP provides a number of XP points to your Virtual Pro based on the match rating that was earned by your Virtual Pro during the match. Each match rating, from 0.0 to 10.0 provides a specific number of XP points. Those XP points are than assigned to each of the Virtual Pros attributes, based on whether that attribute is considered a Primary, Secondary or Tertiary attribute for that position. Primary attributes gain 100% of the XP points awarded based on the match rating, while Secondary (70%) and Tertiary (30%) gain less XP.

For example, let’s say that your Virtual Pro earned a match rating of 8.0, which provides him with 1,100 Base Match XP. That means that all Primary attributes would gain 1,100 Base Match XP, all Secondary attributes would gain 770 Base Match XP and all Tertiary attributes would gain 330 Base Match XP.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 4, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

Hah, yeah.. most all the guys I played with were 92 and over 1k games... takes forever. Some 93 goalkeepers too.

Umm yeah you probably played like twice as many pro clubs games as me, maybe more, so I dunno about not playing that many games lol

So it sounds like we agree you get to the soft cap of 90 or so within like 100 games I would say?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

Umm yeah you probably played like twice as many pro clubs games as me, maybe more, so I dunno about not playing that many games lol

So it sounds like we agree you get to the soft cap of 90 or so within like 100 games I would say?

Probably close to that. Played 60 games so far and I'm 87 st/cam.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

Also:

Yeah I mean I guess it matters a bit but like the difference between getting 91 and 92 overall is probably hundreds of games either way and probably matters very little to your ingame performance if you gain one more overall

I mean it's certainly a dumb bug that it exists with the match rating thing and I guess I'm wrong about progression if that's how it works, but I'm way more mad about the AI passing bug and the missing traits bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where do I see if a player has a special trait or something that I see people talk about sometimes?

Also, I bought Jordi Alba for my EPL squad, because I thought I had the filter set to EPL when I didn't. I can slot him in and my team's chemistry is still 100. Is that ok? Or will he play worse due to some FIFA magic and his links with surrounding players being red?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 5, 2018