Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
The arguments put forth thus far are literally x is more popular than y therefore it’s better. At least you gave some actual details of some of the issues people have with it, though I think a lot of it (the loot system could easily have been fixed for instance) goes back more to how DICE/EA treat the game than the fundament structure of firestorm.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

TrixR4kids posted:

The arguments put forth thus far are literally x is more popular than y therefore it’s better. At least you gave some actual details of some of the issues people have with it, though I think a lot of it (the loot system could easily have been fixed for instance) goes back more to how DICE/EA treat the game than the fundament structure of firestorm.

Or instead of being a weird person you can try loving playing those other games yourself instead of demanding people explain poo poo to you.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lmao @ the last hold outs

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

Or instead of being a weird person you can try loving playing those other games yourself instead of demanding people explain poo poo to you.
I have tried those other games and haven’t demanded anything you loving dullard.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

No one cares Trix. Your game and it's br demonstrably sucks via the fact development stopped and is considered an overall failure

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

I don’t even disagree with you, BFV as a whole was obviously a failure even if parts of it were good. I’m more curious as to whether BF6 will have a BR and what that’s going to look like.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 16, 2020

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I loving hope not.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
“In its heyday” bruh the game ain’t even two years old, its heyday was the month it was released. All the other BRs pulling way more even the older ones. I bet the black ops 4 BR is pulling more now than firestorm ever did. Let’s hope they never make another battlefield br again and instead just make another battlefield

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

Firestorm has been out since March 2019 and they never updated the loot system or the parachute glitch among other things, while other newer games came out and did update their BR regularly while also being free to play. Might have something to do with the size of the player base of each respective title, just a guess. That’s not to say it’s perfect or other things couldn’t be done to make it better but once it’s obvious that DICE was never going to do literally anything and abandoned it completely, the outcome was predictable.

And the chances that BF6 negates a BR altogether seems unlikely unless people stop playing BR games in the next couple of years.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 16, 2020

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

TrixR4kids posted:

Firestorm has been out since March 2019 and they never updated the loot system or the parachute glitch among other things, while other newer games came out and did update their BR regularly while also being free to play. Might have something to do with the size of the player base of each respective title, just a guess. That’s not to say it’s perfect or other things couldn’t be done to make it better but once it’s obvious that DICE was never going to do literally anything and abandoned it completely, the outcome was predictable.

And the chances that BF6 negates a BR altogether seems unlikely unless people stop playing BR games in the next couple of years.

I'm glad you've decided to go from huge dickhead to a conciliatory approach acknowledging that the game and its various modes are terrible.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

I have no interest in defending BFV as a whole I just thought firestorm was fairly well done and sort of a diamond in the rough but also part of a bigger product that got treated like poo poo. Up until I got addicted to firestorm I was ready to just go back to playing BF1. I just think firestorm could’ve been more successful under different circumstances. I just don’t agree with some of the takes I’ve seen in this thread where people argue that having a BR is why this game failed rather than the multitude of other reasons that have been pointed out both here and by bfV streamers on YouTube.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 16, 2020

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Outpost on Twisted Steel is freaking great. All these smaller game modes are worthless.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Does Outpost mode let you parachute off the bridge? Otherwise it's still a drat loving shame.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

yes, they did fix that at some point. you take damage but you can survive.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

If they didn't make a battle royal mode mabw we would have got 11 hamadas in the game

Dont forget to preorder the next one!!

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

I hope they bring back levolution in BF6.

And every time the levolution happens whatever map you're on rearranges itself into Hamada.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Gotta be honest, I kind of liked levolution.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Gotta be honest, I kind of liked levolution.

Except on shanghai.
Shanghai is a good BF4/5 comparison, it was the beta map and perfectly shows how much better the map design can be when compared to the BF5 beta.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

the concept of levolution was better than the implementation on most of those levels. The thing that triggered it was usually out of the way and the effects were usually pretty small. often it had no effect on how you play the level. i bet it was a tonne of work to get it working and that's why they scrapped it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Symetrique posted:

I hope they bring back levolution in BF6.

And every time the levolution happens whatever map you're on rearranges itself into Hamada.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A levelution map where you sneak into the depths of Hamada and demolish the chains restraining it. As the last chain is destroyed the map expands into more Hamdas. Each subsequent Hamada has its own levelution into more Hamadas.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
they scraped levelution because to make a good levelution map, you have to basically make two fun/balanced maps for every single map in the game, and now they can't make any good maps at all

levelution should have been iterated on and become a combination of behemoths and map changing events that always occur when the map gets down to like 20% tickets left.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 17, 2020

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Procedurally-Generated Infinite Hamada

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
introduce a hamada with a behemoth that shows up when you're down to 50% tickets, it's an entire hamada on rails that goes around another hamada

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Enemy hamada spotted, it's a big fucker

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MadBimber posted:

introduce a hamada with a behemoth that shows up when you're down to 50% tickets, it's an entire hamada on rails that goes around another hamada

Can it deploy a flying Hamada from the train Hamada, or can the other team get that? I’d love to see some Hamada on Hamada violence.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I always made it my personal mission to trigger the levolution on each map

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Hamada sucks, but my most memorable and fun BFV experience was a very evenly matched and intense and long 32p Frontlines on Hamada. It was the only time I ever came out of a BFV match with grinning sweaty pit satisfaction. I definitely blogged about it here after.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Hamada sucks, but my most memorable and fun BFV experience was a very evenly matched and intense and long 32p Frontlines on Hamada. It was the only time I ever came out of a BFV match with grinning sweaty pit satisfaction. I definitely blogged about it here after.

Frontlines was such a good mode on release that it could make even the shittiest maps fun.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Battlefield 1 Soissons was the best map for Frontlines.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
BF1 Frontlines without the timer was the best.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Hell yeah, I think 2 1/2 hours was my record. My buddy earned three service stars with the hellriegal that match.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'm not gonna lie, I've enjoyed a few 2000 tick servers in my time

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Julius CSAR posted:

Hell yeah, I think 2 1/2 hours was my record. My buddy earned three service stars with the hellriegal that match.

I remember when the patch that fixed the timer came out, they claimed the longest single battle was like 4 1/2 or 5 hours, something like that.

The longest I had was on Rupture, which was amazing and hilarious for me. I thought I’d go do one more match before doing some other stuff around the house before work. It ended up around 3 1/2 hours of going back and forth over that entire map multiple times.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Any advice from a veteran BFV player going to BF1 for the first time? I've heard the TTK is a lot longer in 1.

My biggest concern is vehicle play, I loved tanking in V and was beginning to master the planes. I imagine they handle a lot differently in 1.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Disillusionist posted:

Any advice from a veteran BFV player going to BF1 for the first time? I've heard the TTK is a lot longer in 1.

My biggest concern is vehicle play, I loved tanking in V and was beginning to master the planes. I imagine they handle a lot differently in 1.

A lot better.

The A7V particularly is nigh-invulnerable in the right hands.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Disillusionist posted:

I loved tanking in V

Oh, buddy. Those things were torture compared to BF1.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
St Chamond with the high velocity 75mm and the coax mg.

Oh and the crocodile with the AT rifle may be the single best counter sniper weapon in any BF game. It’s literally a tank with a high powered sniper rifle that has basically no drop.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m more of a pootylove Garfield man myself but it’s got a bit of a learning curve with the whole backward gun thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Disillusionist posted:

Use a bayonet whenever possible.

Play squad leader and call out gogogo so you get the whistle sound as often as possible.

The train has a horn and using it improves morale

The martini Henry is not a gimmick gun