Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I'll play through the SP campaign once to unlock skins, I'm sure they'll do that again.

once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

EA owns the IP so gently caress it, make battlefield these guys.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

June 9th reveal with E3 starting on the 12th. I am cautiously excited

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Blue Raider posted:

EA owns the IP so gently caress it, make battlefield these guys.

Battlefield: Tiberian Sun would 1000% be extremely my poo poo, just as it would have been 20 years ago.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its such a good idea that they'd never do it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Why there hasn't been a remake of Renegade is the dumbest thing. It will print money! Look at what the new X-wing game did! Gah!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A battlefield where you play as a Chinese soldier beating back an American invasion would loving rule

e I never even thought about Battlefield: Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 2, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!
Gravy Boat 2k
Battlefield where you're an intergalactic alien and all the countries are the enemy!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgup6KZ_hZE&t=200s

En-EnE-Enem-Ene-Enemy Uni - Unit - Unit - Uni- ENEMY ARMOR SPOTTED

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Battlefield Command and Conquer Generals but make it even more racist.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kibayasu posted:

Battlefield Command and Conquer Generals but make it even more racist.

Best C&C game, would be the best Battlefield game too.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

We romanovs have ow-err legacy to consid-airrr!

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

George H.W. oval office posted:

Why there hasn't been a remake of Renegade is the dumbest thing. It will print money! Look at what the new X-wing game did! Gah!

There’s a free remake of renegade on ue4 though inexplicably they remade the awful gunplay as well so it takes like 60 bullets to kill someone while they bunny hop around

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

FrancisFukyomama posted:

There’s a free remake of renegade on ue4 though inexplicably they remade the awful gunplay as well so it takes like 60 bullets to kill someone while they bunny hop around

https://renegade-x.com/ these guys, who are releasing a Tiberian Sun update soon

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

WirelessPillow posted:

https://renegade-x.com/ these guys, who are releasing a Tiberian Sun update soon

It looks great and has tons of new content which is what makes them replicating the extremely mediocre early 2000s gunplay of the original so bizarre.

Though I guess renegade with decent gunplay would just be command and conquer battlefield which on the other hand would own

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FrancisFukyomama posted:

It looks great and has tons of new content which is what makes them replicating the extremely mediocre early 2000s gunplay of the original so bizarre.
Yeah, I also wish they'd overhauled it more. The Firestorm version looks to be a much larger departure from the original game with its bigger maps and basebuilding, so maybe they'll modernize the gunplay, but somehow I doubt it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

fartknocker posted:

Battlefield: Tiberian Sun would 1000% be extremely my poo poo, just as it would have been 20 years ago.

eonwe posted:

its such a good idea that they'd never do it
GDI/Nod have asymmetries that would make the days of the un-nerfed blackhawk in BF2 look like child's play, but it would still be a good idea that they should do, just like the GI Joe Battlefield game EA never made while they had the license

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The United States posted:

GDI/Nod have asymmetries that would make the days of the un-nerfed blackhawk in BF2 look like child's play, but it would still be a good idea that they should do, just like the GI Joe Battlefield game EA never made while they had the license

They don’t even need to lean into the asymmetries either. Just on an aesthetic level, GDI vs Nod would be cool looking with some established lore and avoid the geopolitical nonsense that they always tiptoe around.

Anyway, I really hope those reveal trailers hint at some gameplay and scale unlike the the prerendered bullshit from the BF5 reveal.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Inspector Hound posted:

e I never even thought about Battlefield: Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2

taking hostages until this is released

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

fartknocker posted:

C&C Renegade was before it's time. :sigh:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is this a good or bad thing?

https://twitter.com/MrProWestie/status/1400124056834383876?s=20

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Warzone is an absolutely excellent BR, and significantly better than almost everything on the market except Apex Legends. Now Dice has key Players from Warzone AND Apex legends on the team.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

BF4 is free via twitch prime right now btw

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Skyl3lazer posted:

Is this PC only or will it get some new PS4 players on too

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Skyl3lazer posted:

BF5 still not free :(
The kick battlefront 2 got when it was free was great and making 5 free would probably last long enough until BF6.

Good thing, the live service and handling of the BR mode was a total disaster for 5 and he helped with Warzone's launch.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 3, 2021

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

This dude looks like Ryan Reynolds took some brain enhancing pills.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

2142* seems to still be cannon so just bring back the PAC and EU.

*(I still believe there was a cancelled American expansion to 2142**)

**Bring back a legit Titan mode, you cowards.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!
Gravy Boat 2k

Snuffman posted:

**Bring back a legit Titan mode, you cowards.

:hai:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Battlefield: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2142

Titan mode, but it's on Kirov Airships

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm bot getting BF6 at all until I see that it isn't a trainwreck BFV style but I'd totally preorder C&C Renegade remastered.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Battlefield: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2142

Titan mode, but it's on Kirov Airships
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at5sM6jdRNg

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

idk if its been mentioned in this thread, but Battlefield 4 is currently being given away on amazon prime gaming or whatever. If you have amazon prime, you can get a key for what appears to be the standard edition of BF4. Sucks that it doesnt include premium, but it does mean theyre a lot more low-levels playing right now so its a good time to jump in if you havent played it before

if you already have BF4 and prime, you can get an extra key for one of your buddies. Believe the offer expires on June 21

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

C&C Renegade was before it's time. :sigh:

It was! What a great concept; is it basically kind of what they did for StarCraft Ghost or whatever it was?

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Inspector Hound posted:

It was! What a great concept; is it basically kind of what they did for StarCraft Ghost or whatever it was?

Yeah both teams had an rts base and income from an npc harvester and wrecking enemy buildings would do things like prevent advanced classes from being purchased

Funnily enough data mining near the end of BFV’s lifespan revealed that there was an unfinished mode very similar to renegade, with data for faction bases and war factories and stuff but then the game died

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Yeah both teams had an rts base and income from an npc harvester and wrecking enemy buildings would do things like prevent advanced classes from being purchased

Funnily enough data mining near the end of BFV’s lifespan revealed that there was an unfinished mode very similar to renegade, with data for faction bases and war factories and stuff but then the game died

I don't know that that would have saved it, but it might have been a neat thing to try.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Please bring back live action cinematics.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
The UI is placeholder but

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

jisforjosh posted:

The UI is placeholder but

lmao "Andreww" is the squad lead

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I cant wait to fly an Osprey but then have it crash immediately because it's a piece of poo poo plane that only exists because of how insane the american military budgeting is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sure looks like a modern war battlefield game