Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Valk the Bull

- Who changed you?
A group called the Cult of the True Gods, led by an impossibly old Scandinavian mystic called Einar the Ancient. They hijacked our bus on the way to a game and kidnapped my entire football team looking for "appropriately sturdy vessels."

- How did you escape from them?
Something went wrong during their ritual. They were implanting us with "heroic souls," they said. Whoever they put in me was immediately unhappy about being ripped from Valhalla or whatever, and for a good five minutes it took over and started driving me around like an angry truck, snapping my bindings and trashing the room. The cultists retreated, the ritual was left unfinished, and I slowly regained control. People found us shortly after.

- Who, outside the team, looks out for you now?
My sister Serena does the best she can. She's a med student, and offered to patch me up if I ever need it. I don't, I think I'm basically invulnerable now, but it was a generous thought. She also helps counsel me against the.. emotion of the other soul. It feels very strongly about things, and sometimes it bleeds through to me.

- Why do you try to be a hero?
I was never very connected to my religion, but there's one thing about it that always stuck in my head - The kirpan. Its a little ceremonial sword or dagger. Its supposed to remind us to be ready to fight at any given moment. To have the courage and strength of character to stand against evil and protect the oppressed. To embody the concept of a Sant Sipahi - a warrior-saint - and become a living weapon against tyrants. Someone who will never start a fight, but will absolutely end one.
I used to think it was a nice idea - in theory.
Now it feels downright achievable. It feels like a mission.

Conversely, whatever errant soul is glued to my own wants to find Einar and tear his head off.

- Why do you care about the team?
Honestly, I care about most people on some level, but with the team specifically, I see the opportunity to do good on a grand scale.

quote:

Hero name: Valk
Look: Man, East Indian, Calloused Hands, Punky Clothing, No Costume
Abilities: Superhumanly tough, incredibly strong, fights barehanded or with summoned spectral viking weaponry.

Labels:
Danger +3
Freak +1
Savior -1
Superior +1
Mundane -1

Moves:
❑ In a china shop: When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.
❑ Physics? What physics?: When you unleash your powers to barrel through an insurmountable barrier, roll + Danger instead of + Freak.

The Bull’s Heart:
You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your love or frustrates your rival.
Love:
Rival:
Choose a role you commonly fulfill for your love or rival:
❑ Defender: When you leap to defend your love or rival in battle, roll + Danger instead of + Savior to defend them.

Moment of Truth:
This is what you do best. You let loose, all the pent up strength and rage and glee, and you break whatever stands in your way. You are a walking demolition crew. What can stand up to you? Nothing. Not buildings. Not structures. Not enemies. Nothing. Of course, now the people who changed you know exactly where to find you...

Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

When our team first came together...
We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Relationships:
_______________ is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
_______________ is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Influence:
You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it.

quote:

Re: Satish Singh (Samuel Pinter witness interview)

Okay, I found something good. I've been too busy to transcribe the whole thing, so here's just the most pertinent part to your investigation. We could have probably gotten more if Agent Fields hadn't hosed it up, but what else is new? ;)

I'll get you the rest later when I have more time. Laters.

-DJ

[SEGMENT STARTS]

Fields: "I'd like to know more about Mr. Singh. He's not in trouble - none of you are - so please be completely honest."

Pinter: "I mean.. what do you want to know? Because I dunno how he broke free if that's your question, he just did."

Fields: "What sort of person is he?"

Pinter: "Sati is.. I don't know him that well. He's nice, I guess. I only joined the team recently, and he's been a fixture on the team for forever. Everyone likes him well enough and he was really welcoming. And he's sacks like nobody else. Really aggressive player. The first thing they told me when I joined was not to let him tackle me, even during practice. He hits people like he's actually trying to hurt them."

Fields: "Is he?"

Pinter: "What? No, of course he's not. There's plenty of people on the team like that, trying to focus their anger into the sport. Coach encourages it, says emotion is better used constructively than destructively. It just seemed to apply more to Sati than most of us.

Someone actually told me he used to box before football. Not hard to imagine."

Fields: "So he has a history of aggression."

Pinter: "No, that's not what I said. He's nice, he doesn't get in fights or arguments, or anything like that. If someone upsets him, he just takes it to the field.

Last night was like nothing I'd seen from him before, but with the situation we were in, I don't blame-"

Fields: "I'm told you were tied up opposite him. What did you see?"

Pinter: "I told you, I don't know. Those guys were doing.. whatever they were doing. Writing on us with animal blood, repeating poo poo in some weird language.The guys who'd been written on were screaming, like it was painful. They were about halfway through the team when Sati started yelling at them."

Fields: "What happened to make him start yelling?"

Pinter: "We were all gagged. His slipped, or something. Probably he started as soon as he could be heard. He just starts laying into them, gently caress you this, gently caress you that, your mother, eat my dick, I ho-"

Fields: "Okay, I get it. Profanities."

Pinter: "He got their attention. They went straight to him and put the gag back in, then started writing him up. And he started screaming too. But not like the others. Not pain - Anger. After that it gets hard to describe."

Fields: "Hard in what way? Try."

Pinter: "He just.. This is so dumb, he starts to sound like two people. Two voices, a guy and a girl. Then he glows white, just for a second, and then he's out. He tears one arm free like the leather straps are tissue paper, and swings the other one so hard the chair comes with it and smashes over one of the robed creeps. After that he's kicking through equipment and throwing dudes and just wrecking poo poo. The guys who hijacked our bus all start to run. He goes after them, but stops at the door. Then he turns back and just keeps smashing even though there's nothing left to smash. By this point he's just smashing his fists into the weird runes drawn on the ground.

You guys showed up not long after he finished punching, and took us here."

Fields: "What about Mr. Singh's sister?"

Pinter: "Who.. actually are you guys? And how did you know where to find-"

Fields: "Thank you for your time, Samuel. I'll contact your parents to come collect you."

[INTERVIEW ENDS]

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread