Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which match?
This poll is closed.
Rush & The Briscoes vs LA Park, Penta 0M & King Phoenix 1 1.33%
Adam Cole vs Richochet 3 4.00%
Tommaso Ciampa vs Johnny Gargano 2 2.67%
Team AAA vs Team ELITE vs Team ELITE vs Team Impact 0 0%
Kenny Omega vs Zack Sabre Jr 1 1.33%
Hirooki Goto vs Kota Ibushi 0 0%
Toru Yano vs SANADA 4 5.33%
Kenny Omega vs Tomohiro Ishii 14 18.67%
Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi 5 6.67%
Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL 0 0%
Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi 6 8.00%
SANADA vs Tomohiro Ishii 4 5.33%
Kenny Omega vs Kota Ibushi 10 13.33%
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi 23 30.67%
None of the Above/Other 2 2.67%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Staying healthy due to sheer coincidence.

With the G1 over the general consensus seems to be that while the great matches were better, the A Block was "merely" good and the Tongan's storyline brought things down a bit. Even so, the G1 was still exceptionally strong and which G1 match will get the most votes is a toss-up in my eyes. With lucha heating up, CMLL and AAA have both produced some great bangers even if the story directions have gotten weird due to lucha politics. If you don't watch lucha because it's too hard to find, both of these promotions are easily accessible and once lucha clicks it's amazing. NXT had a strong looking TakeOver card and delivered, once again upstaging the main roster's PPV with two excellent matches. There's not a lot to say about how good TakeOvers are that hasn't already been said a thousand times.

Rush & The Briscoes vs LA Park, Penta 0M & King Phoenix
August 3rd - CMLL Arena Mexicofree

Adam Colec vs Richochet for the NXT North American Championship
August 18th - NXT TakeOver Brooklyn IV (59:35)

Tommaso Ciampac vs Johnny Gargano in a Last Man Standing match for the NXT Championship
August 18th - NXT TakeOver Brooklyn IV (1:54;20)

Team AAA (Aerostar & Drago) vs Team ELITE (Golden Magic & Laredo Kid) vs Team ELITE (Bandido & Flamita) vs Team Impact (Andrew Everett & DJZ) in a ladder match
August 25th - AAA Triplemania XXVI

G1 Matches
Kenny Omega vs Zack Sabre Jr (Night 12)
Hirooki Goto vs Kota Ibushi (Night 12)
Toru Yano vs SANADA (Night 14)
Kenny Omega vs Tomohiro Ishii (Night 14)
Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi (Night 14)
Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL (Night 15)
Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi (A Block Finals)
SANADA vs Tomohiro Ishii (B Block Finals)
Kenny Omega vs Kota Ibushi (B Block Finals)
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi (G1 CLIMAX FINALS)

None of the above/Other - Seen something better than all these? Recommend it in the thread so people can check it out.

All Results (click emblem for tallies, links go to the match)
Andrade "Cien" Almasc vs Johnny Gargano for the NXT Men's Championship (NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia - January 27th)
Kazuchika Okadac vs Seiya Sanada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship (NJPW The New Beginning - February 10th)
The Golden☆Lovers vs The Young Bucks (New Japan: Strong Style Evolved - March 25th)
Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa (NXT: TakeOver: New Orleans - April 7th)
Kazuchika Okadac vs Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - (NJPW Wrestling Dontaku - May 4th)
Kazuchika Okadac vs. Kenny Omega in a 2-out-of-3 Falls/No Time Limit match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship- (NJPW Dominion - June 9th)
Kota Ibushi vs Tomohiro Ishii(NJPW G1 Climax 28 Block B Match - July 28th)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn Tanahashi vs. Ibushi was incredible. Every night I figured the G1 couldn't top itself and every night it did, and then the final even blew those away.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I keep looking at the list and how many matches feature Ibushi or Ishii, God the G1 was amazing

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Around 24 hours left to vote.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Match of the month for August 2018: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi (G1 Climax Finals)

2nd and 3rd place were also from the G1: Kota Ibushi vs Kenny Omega & Kenny Omega vs Tomohiro Ishii. Hmm...I think I'm seeing a pattern with these Omega and Ibushi fellas. I wish I could write about all the cool promotions and matches that were nominated that you probably didn't see, but the G1 had a near shut out on this month's voting.

All Results (click emblem for tallies, links go to the match)
Andrade "Cien" Almasc vs Johnny Gargano for the NXT Men's Championship (NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia - January 27th)
Kazuchika Okadac vs Seiya Sanada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship (NJPW The New Beginning - February 10th)
The Golden☆Lovers vs The Young Bucks (New Japan: Strong Style Evolved - March 25th)
Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa (NXT: TakeOver: New Orleans - April 7th)
Kazuchika Okadac vs Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - (NJPW Wrestling Dontaku - May 4th)
Kazuchika Okadac vs. Kenny Omega in a 2-out-of-3 Falls/No Time Limit match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship- (NJPW Dominion - June 9th)
Kota Ibushi vs Tomohiro Ishii(NJPW G1 Climax 28 Block B Match - July 28th)
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi(NJPW G1 Climax 28 Finals - August 12th)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've been having massive computer issues so haven't been able to do much yet, but here's the list as we have it

Kenny Omega vs. Penta El Zero - ALL IN (Sept 1)
The Young Bucks & Kota Ibushi vs. Rey Mysterio, Fenix & Bandito - ALL IN (Sept 1)
Tomohiro Ishii & Will Ospreay vs. Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi - NJPW Road to Destruction: Korokuen Hall (Sept 7)
Alex Colon vs Masashi Takeda - GCW Nick Gage Invitational (Sept 8)
Kenny Omega (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the IWGP Championship - NJPW Destruction (Sept 15)
LA Park/Hijo De LA Park/Ultimo Guerrero vs Rush/Bestia Del Ring/Cavernario - Puebla (Sept 17 - starts a little after 1:31:00 but not sure by how much )
Ricochet (C) vs. Pete Dunne (C) for the NXT North American Championship AND the WWE United Kingdom Championship - NXT (Sept 19)
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada for the 2019 Wrestle Kingdom Title Shot - NJPW Destruction in Kobe (Sept 23)
ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Iino) vs. Strong Hearts (CIMA, T-Hawk, El Lindaman and Duan Yingnan) - DDT MajiManji #18 (Sept 25)
The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) vs. CHAOS? (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) - NJPW Fighting Spirit Unleashed (Sept 30 - start at 3:08:15)

TTBF fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2018 around 03:50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God what a great month... gently caress, what a great YEAR we are having in wrestling.