Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the 170lb title?
Aaaand still, Tyron Woodley
Aaaand new, Darren Till
Aaaand nobody, due to draw or NC
View Results

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Hey, it's UFC 228 time! There were only three fights scrapped from the original card, and just one that got scuttled on weigh-in day, so that's not too bad.

Remember, don't ask for PPV streams here!

Anyway, let's take a look at this card:

PPV - 10PM ET

Welterweight Title - Tyron "The Chosen One" Woodley vs Darren "The Gorilla" Till
Woodley's currently tied with Cormier and Nunes for most current defenses at 3. Till successfully made weight yesterday, so he already shocked the world. Both men have had incredibly awful fights with Stephen Thompson in the recent past, and both men are more than capable of putting in tepid performances against just about any opponent. Both could also get a finish, though, with Woodley having 5 stoppages in his 8 UFC wins, and Till has notched 2 KOs in his 5 UFC wins. So there's a shred of hope that Woodley doesn't just plant himself against the fence and Till stares at him, both men throwing one feint every 200 seconds.

Strawweight - Jessica "Bate Estaca" Andrade vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz
This is arguably a title eliminator, with both women on two-fight win streaks. Karolina is the last person to beat Thug Rose, and Andrade has mauled Claudia Gadelha and Tecia Torres. Can Andrade close the distance to unload with power or shoot takedowns, or will Karolina use her range to make this look similar to Andrade vs Jedrzejczyk?

Men's Featherweight - Zabit Magomedshapirov vs Brandon "Killer B" Davis
After the Saga of Yair finally shook out, Zabit was left without an opponent for this event. John Lineker campaigned for the fight, but Mick Maynard is a filthy heightist and slotted in Davis, who lost to the dude that Zabit just beat. If you enjoy Dagestani beanpoles doing crazy tae kwon do kicks and flying submissions, this fight should deliver. Brandon Davis trains with Jason Knight, so he might try to bite Zabit.

Men's Bantamweight - Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera vs John "The Magician" Dodson
Both men are fresh off getting beat by my favorite bald, muppet-voiced killer, Marlon Moraes. Dodson got his head kicked off, and Dodson got his balls smashed like four times. A win for either man could I don't know, inch them closer to just waiting for 135 to shake out, with Cruz, Moraes, Assuncao and maybe even Garbrandt ahead of the line while TJ is maybe fighting Cejudo.

Welterweight - Abdul "Judo Thunder" Razak Alhassan vs Niko "The Hybrid" Price
Niko, you may recall, is fresh off finishing Randy Brown via hammerfists from the bottom. Alhassan has back to back knockout wins over Sabah Homasi. Both dudes have very high finishing rates, so that's pretty cool. Hope I just didn't jinx this fight to be a boring slog. Whoops!

PRELIMS

FX - 8PM ET
Strawweight - Carla "The Cookie Monster" Esparza vs Tatiana Suarez
Men's Bantamweight - Aljamain "Funk Master" Sterling vs Cody "Spartan" Stamann
Welterweight - Geoff "Handz of Steel" Neal vs Frank "The Crank" Camacho
Middleweight - Charles "Kid Dynamite" Byrd vs Darren "The Dentist" Stewart

Fight Pass - 6:15PM ET

Welterweight - Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez vs Craig "The Thundercat" White
Lightweight - Jim "A-10" Miller vs Alex "The Spartan" White
Women's Bantamweight - Irene Aldana vs Lucie Pudilova
Flyweight - Roberto "Littlefury" Sanchez vs Jarred "The Monkey God" Brooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
real good idea to send this thing into the ppv with carla esparza

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
also here's a link if you wanna hang out with some of us in IRC https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#mma@irc.synirc.net

Mekchu can you add it to the OPs please

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Ugh, I saw Dodson headline in Portland, and he went full Jackson/Wink boredom machine. It was the worst.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
a thread title befitting this card

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wait does Dodson have hair now?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Power of Pecota posted:

Wait does Dodson have hair now?

He grew out an afro and had it in cornrows at least for the ceremonial weigh-in

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If self takedowns got you points Sanchez would be winning

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sanchez is not good

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tyron will use the power in his fantastic butt to destroy Till.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Is it just me or is fight pass eating poo poo?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
DC is aware we have gifs of his spinning backfist

how the gently caress did anyone give 2 rounds to Sanchez

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

DC is aware we have gifs of his spinning backfist

how the gently caress did anyone give 2 rounds to Sanchez

Maybe taking yourself down and giving up position does get points after all

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

i like lucie pudilova. she always looks like she wants to die, and that appeals to me

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Maybe taking yourself down and giving up position does get points after all
lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

dang I think Lucie saved that round in the last 15 seconds

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just tuned in for the last minute of that round and it was pretty rad

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Lucie, you got some sprawlin' to do.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
This is a very good women's MMA fight. I don't feel like I can say that very often.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
aldana pudilova holy poo poo go girls!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The Automator posted:

This is a very good women's MMA fight. I don't feel like I can say that very often.

for wmma this is brutal as gently caress too

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This wont be fight of the night I'm sure but it probably should be at least in the conversation

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Lol Rogan "THIS FIGHT IS AWESOME!"

It legit is tho

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
loving gladiators

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo that last shot by Pudilova

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

what a fight

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That front kick is a great highlight clip. One of the best WMMA striking matches I've seen.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Holy gently caress that fight was great.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Pudilova did not give a gently caress and pushed forward like a terminator

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Man if these girls aren't a fight of the night, gently caress

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that promo pose made Miller look like he was shielding his cold nipples

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I legit thought Jim Miller retired

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sweet. Now please retire Jim Miller with your win over Paint Drinkin' Pete.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

drat what a finish

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

gently caress yes old man

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
turn back the clock! woooo

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Fantastic

Holy gently caress that replay. The 3 punch combo was dope

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat