Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
She's been pretty clear about never wanting to go back to the show, but no-one's saying anything about the circumstances under which she left. I get the feeling there's a story, though I also get the feeling Mitra was unhappy with the direction her character went in.

Hey, so, by the way, I basically binged the entire five seasons of this show over the last few weeks, just in time to watch the finale when it came out. (Sort of a self-imposed challenge.) It was fun, though it was touch and go for a while mid season five. Something about Tavo(! Tavo!!) made me want to throw things at a wall, though I liked the pay off with to his character being so hands off all season. Also, that episode where it cuts between Chandler fighting with his daughter and his guys fighting in a basement was rough. Also hilarious? But mostly not good. And I was getting worried that the show would kill every single black character. And Miller's legs.

Best overall Season was 3, but the best finale was the first season with Lt. Granderson's mother. Best character Wolf (duh), though I liked Dr. Scott, Tex, and Sasha when they remembered to give her things to do (i.e. Season 3). Low-key had a thing for Emerson Brooks the entire time so I was always happy when Meylan got to do stuff too. Even didn't mind Adam Baldwin (who's always been a good actor and continued to be one here) but I found it pretty funny that every single woman he made eyes at almost immediately died.

In retrospect, everyone got one, maybe two seasons in the limelight, and otherwise stayed as background characters / cannon fodder. Not how it'd have done it, but it works.

Worst was Green, and I swear most of the time the show just tried to forget he existed.

Least favourite part of the show was basically everything about traitor lady in Season 5. Just no.

Favourite part was chanting "vampire vampire vampire" every time a missile was launched at someone. (I have no idea about military poo poo. It's just fun to say.)

Or Wolf stabbing people. That was pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

That was Robocop directing.

He's directed the show before though, pretty regularly starting back in Season Two, and there was nothing like that. It's entirely possible that it was a choice that he pushed for, but holy hell whoever made that decision hosed up.

(The sequence is directed pretty badly generally, but there's this one shot where Sasha's pulling a wonderful WTF face that's spliced into the middle and it deeply amuses me.)

• Locked thread