Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/ericholthaus/status/1038966088581767168?s=21

pls give ur thoughts and prayers here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04j_qnxup5I

list of goons to check later to see if they are dead:
DryGoods
A Big Fuckin Hornet
Morally adept
anonumos
reignofevil
Sir Plus
gently caress You and Diebold

:siren:HOW TO NOT DIE::siren:

https://twitter.com/nwswakefieldva/status/1038625288563961856

https://twitter.com/scemd/status/1038503503096889344

FEMA Twitter accounts for the regions in question :

https://twitter.com/femaregion4/status/1039228406649499649?s=20

https://twitter.com/femaregion3/status/1038130521061122050

https://twitter.com/ericholthaus/status/1038985009217110016

logikv9 posted:

If you have decided to stay in the path of this hurricane, remember that it is your duty to :justpost:

twoday has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Sep 14, 2018

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the 'stall overland for 4+ days' part is what slays me

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
BIG
WET
AIRMASS

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Car Hater has issued a correction as of 02:57 on Sep 10, 2018

twoday
May 4, 2005

this topography sucks, all the water will just roll back out to sea, hitting all the coastal towns again on the way out

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im sure trump will lead from the front and get this all under control very quickly

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Chinatown posted:

im sure trump will lead from the front and get this all under control very quickly

yeah whitefish montana is going to need a lot of relief money

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

twoday posted:

this topography sucks, all the water will just roll back out to sea, hitting all the coastal towns again on the way out

the south carolina coastal plains probably won't get hit by the worst but its several river basins are going to be completely awash, lol

i'm gonna get to see what this storm does to the catawba

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Aug 4, 2020

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

twoday posted:

after taking all the pigshit from factory hoglot waste lagoons with them and causing a massive dieoff along the watershed

all the red dots are hog farms

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rodatose posted:

after taking all the pigshit from factory hoglot waste lagoons with them and causing a massive dieoff along the watershed

all the red dots are hog farms

what are the yellow dots

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

what are the yellow dots

it's piss, op

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

IT IS NOT SPAM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD-IT IS CALLED CONTROLLING SPACE AND PRESSING THE ADVANTAGE! THIS ISN'T SC4 WHERE FOOLS CONSTANTLY HIT THE A AND B/SQUARE/TRI BUTTON ALL MATCH TO WIN BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO WAY TO ESCAPE BECAUSE OF LAG-had to get that of my chest

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it'd be pretty interesting if the sudden water volume overwhelmed the earthwork and concrete system in place to control the sc watersheds, and either side of the charleston peninsula gets scraped clean by a torrent of waterborne debris

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
chickens. the map is concentrated feedlots only also purple is cattle

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

I live around Fort Bragg / Fayetteville and good god things are going to be hosed for the next week. When Mathew hit half the surrounding counties were under water for a week and all the poors flooded out. With Trump in charge we're going to need a few more paper towels.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/EdPiotrowski/status/1038963846021611522?s=20

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like somebody's gonna get to redevelop myrtle beach

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

"dont worry i built my house on stilts so we are fine" - a loving retard with too much money

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ONwxchaser/status/1038963331493765120?s=20

:thunk:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Rodatose posted:

BIG
WET
AIRMASS

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
aw gently caress, i'm not going to be able to sleep all week because of this

this motherfucker better turn north

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't think there's ever been a flood where I am and I happen to know the history of the historic building across the street p well and don't recall any floods for a hundred years plus but I also know I've never even heard of fifty inches of rain outside Harvey like scenarios

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it'd be pretty interesting if the sudden water volume overwhelmed the earthwork and concrete system in place to control the sc watersheds, and either side of the charleston peninsula gets scraped clean by a torrent of waterborne debris

the world isn't that lucky sadly

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Bet now they wish they built a wind turbine instead.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
they're going to get fuckin owned op

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

shovelbum posted:

I don't think there's ever been a flood where I am and I happen to know the history of the historic building across the street p well and don't recall any floods for a hundred years plus but I also know I've never even heard of fifty inches of rain outside Harvey like scenarios

lol

the 'stall overland for 4+ days' part is what slays me

this is basically exactly what did Houston in, have fun with your pigshit mudslides

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

twoday posted:

what coastal towns? this nc not sc fam

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

shovelbum posted:

a year before katrina dwntwn asheville flooded from a hurricane

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

it's piss, op

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I lust for Carolina death

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

byob historian posted:

a year before katrina dwntwn asheville flooded from a hurricane

Asheville floods a lot tho they're known for it which seems surprising the first time u hear about it

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the people who live along the more eastern part of north carolina and already have to deal with a lot of flooding and pig poo poo lagoons are disproportionately impoverished african americans because
1) areas around and south of the great dismal swamp that aren't fairfax/va beach/newport news was one place runaway slaves fled to due to being hard to habitate/easy to hide in with all the malaria
2) land that floods a lot is not stable long-term for making a living agriculturally so it's cheap

basic needs there get ignored by state legislature bc it's the south. all the white folks live up in the piedmont

e: first map is % of people reporting african nonhispanic ethnicity

Rodatose has issued a correction as of 07:18 on Sep 10, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this hurricane is fake news made up by the chinese

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
isn't the hurricane naming scheme supposed to make it easy to differentiate between storms?

hurricane florence is some 2006 poo poo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

groverhaus is finally going down. hurricane lf's revenge

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the old wifenheimer is up on the roof reshingling in 140mph wind

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
i hope jeff "core worsh" piotrowski is live streaming this on periscope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

groverhaus is finally going down. hurricane lf's revenge

drain the swamp