Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In a sister spirit of the pet peeve thread, the aim of this thread is around the things in life we find to be absolutely delightful some way or another. I'm leaving pet pleasures to be interpreted as loosely the antonym of pet peeve, so things like the smell of gasoline or walking barefoot on the beach, or maybe things more out there and abstract, the parameters are things you especially enjoy.

I love cracking my back and neck, it releases the stiffness and lets out a very satisfying crrskt. Multiple vertebrae at the same time feels like hitting a high score that never gets counted really. Its a shame chiropractors have their dangerous sham reputation to them otherwise it sounds like something i would be really down for.

Another is that I read folklore from somewhere in europe as a kid which said you had to break the eggshells totally enough or else witches used them to sail over the seas or something. It got me in the habit of doing it, but now its just fulfilling on its own.

And lastly for now, bookstores during autumn when its raining outside. It gives me a deeply cozy feeling, its right before the end of year holidays are things to worry about and it brings back unclear but apparently good memories. A familiarity you can't place. Too bad brick and mortar bookstores might be all but a thing of the past soon so I have to enjoy them while and where I can.

Also, funerals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like huffing nitrous and glue

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I have a right handed carving axe that I keep on my workbench for general use. I can use it like a scraper, or like a spoke shave. It's nice for doing rough shaping of wood in general. I don't know how old it is. I restored and re-handled it with a handle that is longer that a normal carving axe. I use it more than I would have thought.

Because of the shape of the beard, I can spin it around on my finger like spinning a revolver.

It gives me great pleasure to do so. When I need distraction, I go to my bench and I spin the axe. It's nothing exciting, but it's a simple pleasure.

Pro tip: Get a carving axe. They're super handy.

• Locked thread