Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Heres the league table, gently caress international breaks etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That's a lovely table TBQH.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
end the season now etc etc

gently caress international breaks

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Flip the table, end the season now.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
To continue the London Stadium chat from the August thread, I think the LLDC and West Ham are driving the losses to a point so unsustainable that they can justify selling the ground to West Ham at a knock-down price just to get it off the government's books.

There's no other way out of the lease they signed with the club, it's clearly how the Dildo Brothers expect this to play out.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

quote:

An opportunity has arisen for the appointment of a Recruitment Analyst within the scouting and recruitment department of Manchester United Football Club. Whilst contributing to an existing performance analysis service this position will specifically involve the acquisition, processing and feedback of relevant player performance data.

Applicants for this position should be in possession of a sport science honours degree (minimum 2:1) or equivalent, preferably a master’s level qualification and have completed specific performance analysis training. An understanding of the technical and tactical demands of professional football is essential together with experience in using performance analysis systems and software. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience using the creative cloud suite products (After Effects, Photoshop, Premier Pro).

Alongside formal training applicants must be able to work conscientiously and with total discretion. Ability to work as an individual as well as a contributory team player is a vital requirement of this position.

This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual who desires to enhance their current skill set and effectively contribute to an evolving department at a world class professional football club.

Due to site location and limited public transport, a driver’s license and access to personal transport is required.

Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level. It is a criminal offence for a barred person to attempt to engage with vulnerable groups.

****polishes resume****

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

peanut- posted:

To continue the London Stadium chat from the August thread, I think the LLDC and West Ham are driving the losses to a point so unsustainable that they can justify selling the ground to West Ham at a knock-down price just to get it off the government's books.

There's no other way out of the lease they signed with the club, it's clearly how the Dildo Brothers expect this to play out.

Working exactly as intended then

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bewbies posted:

****polishes resume****

Time to boot up Football Manager '05 and scout the up and comings list.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Why would a Recruiting Analyst need to know Photoshop?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sticksy posted:

Changing the age field.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sticksy posted:

well its maybe for kids based on this so something to do with that?

quote:

Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level. It is a criminal offence for a barred person to attempt to engage with vulnerable groups.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jose posted:

well its maybe for kids based on this so something to do with that?

They'll be working in the same location as under 18s so they must be DBS cleared, even if they do no work with them, same way a school janitor needs a DBS even if he's only going to murder and rape children.

They ask for CC experience presumably because the job consists of pulling data from whoever supplies the tracking poo poo then turning that into pretty diagrams/videos for Jose Mourinho to do a poo poo on

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I cant wait to find out whether plucky Manchester United can snatch a point on Saturday at *checks notes* Vicarage Road.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

bewbies posted:

****polishes resume****

A reminder that the guy who held this position is now the sporting director of Legia Warsaw. You might want to rethink this opportunity.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

mackintosh posted:

A reminder that the guy who held this position is now the sporting director of Legia Warsaw. You might want to rethink this opportunity.

****Polishes resume****

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bogan Krkic posted:

****Polishes resume****

Heh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bogan Krkic posted:

****Polishes resume****

Nice.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

****Polishes resume****

haha

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

****Polishes resume****

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
any cool injuries from the pointless friendlies?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It’s a Knockout Cup anyone? How Uefa might sate its competition thirst

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/sep/12/uefa-competition-its-a-knockout-cup-marina-hyde

guardian posted:

It’s a Knockout Cup anyone? How Uefa might sate its competition thirst

Marina Hyde

[...]

The Uefa Cup Losers’ Cup

Agnelli’s claim that Uefa wishes to modernise means there can be no return to its much-tolerated Cup-Winners’ Cup. However, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, stopping Uefa sating the deep need for a competition designed to determine who would beat whom out of the sides who lost cup finals – and this nine-month, leg-by-leg thrill ride promises to put you right inside the action. Sponsored by the European Central Bank.

The Wintertoto Cup

Assuming the Premier League does eventually sign up to a two-week winter break, this competition would work on the “a change is as good as a rest” principle. The break would consequently be used for more football, in the form of a high-intensity, low-prestige two-week knockout tournament between whichever sides are deemed least watchable by neutrals.

It’s A Knockout Competition

Exactly the same as the Champions League, except with every player dressed as a giant vegetable.

The Uefa VAR-WARS Cup

Likely to be swiftly nicknamed “the Euro Vars”, this serves as a sort of constructors’ championship for football, with all the soulful sporting magic the comparison suggests. Two remote video refereeing rooms play each other to get to a decision first, in a series of nail-biting, atmosphere-draining pauses. Amazon is set to buy all of the nine rights packages for a total of £1.2bn.

The Championships League

A format that is at once as self-explanatory as it is inexplicable. In this case, the high concept would be to expand the offer of European football beyond the top flight’s top clubs, and the top flight’s middling clubs, and the top flight’s bottom clubs, all the way down to the best of the rest. In order to convey the requisite level of box office, the iconic Champions League anthem would be only slightly reworked, with the climactic chorus now running: “Die Meister of the Second Tier! Die Second Besten! Les Best-of-the-rest Equipes! The Championships!”

Uefa Relegatees League

Finding yourself dropping down out of the top league is no longer a bar to European football; instead, it’s a way in. In this competition, getting relegated constitutes the start of a long and energy-sapping journey that could even hasten your trajectory towards the third tier. Still, worth it for the telly money, apparently.

The Uefa Football Managers Footballer Manager Cup

In this state-of-the-art tournament for the post-football era of football, leading European football managers play each other at Football Manager. ITV announces its first all‑teen commentary team. Tim Lovejoy anchors.

The Arsenal Cup

Believed to be the world’s first cup competition in which only one team (Arsenal) competes. Though Arsenal are likely to leave themselves with everything to do in the second leg, the eventual triumph should spare the nation 937 hours of angry radio phone-ins, 432 miles of portentous column inches, and 84 hectares of bedsheets.

The Uefa Open

It is surely only a matter of time before the powers that be realise they have somehow failed to monetise the popular post-training pastime of so many of European football’s biggest names. The Uefa Open would be a series of Ryder Cup-style golf matches between Europe’s leading club sides. Actually, hang on: why not go the whole hog and pit Uefa against MLS? I think we should probably be ruling things in rather than out at this stage.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

wrong thread

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

mila kunis posted:

any cool injuries from the pointless friendlies?

Yeah Luke Shaw got concussed

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So Dele Alli and Lloris are out for Saturday, that's encouraging

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
7:30 am game woo so excited

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I think no Dele might mean they can run out both Son and Lucas, which I think is kind of hard to do if Dele is in the 11.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mourinho spent his pre-match presser largely ranting about the press and giving advanced statistics which PROVE that Marcus Rashford is being treated fairly at Manchester United for some reason. Not content with merely this, United saw fit to send an email to their mailing list about "Jose Mourinho's epic message to fans".

I guess I must have missed some big press manhunt this past week or something, because out of the blue this all just seems like Jose's cracking up big time.

(Someone on another forum went through the trouble of transcribing it all:

The fans should know the truth
“For the Manchester United supporters, I think it's important that they have the right idea of how things are in reality. The most important thing of all is the kid [Marcus Rashford] is a good kid, the kid is a good player and knows what Manchester United did for him, starting in the Academy and then with Mr [Louis] Van Gaal's support and my support and the club's support and the new contract and the new [no.10] shirt and being selected for every single match.

“Since I've been here, Marcus Rashford has been selected for every single match - he was never, not even for one day, out of selection because of my decision or because he was injured or, like in this case, because he is suspended. He was never, never out of selection, so he knows and that's the most important thing. But again, media is very important and I think it's important the Manchester United supporters know the truth. That's why I'm going so specific about these numbers."

They wake up and think of Jose
“Some of the people, everybody knows that they have double salaries, they also work for other clubs and when they also work for the clubs, of course they are not independent and of course they conduct things in the direction they want to conduct things. That's obvious and that's human, and that's natural.

It's not tactical but I accept clearly. The ones that wake up in the morning and the first thing that comes into their minds is Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, I feel sorry for them because there are much more interesting things to wake up and be happy about in the morning than to speak immediately about us and about football."

This is what we're doing with Marcus
“In 2017/18, he played 35 matches in the Premier League, eight in the Champions League, five in the FA Cup including the final, three League Cup matches and the UEFA Super Cup. He played a total of 52 matches with 2,676 minutes. If you divide that into 90 minutes, it gives 29.7 matches. So, with me in two seasons, he had 105 appearances, 5,744 minutes, 63.7 matches of 90 minutes, including five finals.
So, the people that are speaking and speaking about these minutes, I think they are a bit confused. Marcus Rashford is not Dominic Solanke, he's not Ruben Loftus-Cheek, he's not Dominic Calvert-Lewin - he is Marcus Rashford, a Manchester United player with an incredible number of appearances and an incredible number of minutes played at the highest level in the best possible competitions. So, Manchester United supporters, [it is] for you and just for you to know what we're doing with Marcus Rashford, with Luke Shaw, with Jesse Lingard, with Scott McTominay.”

“If you don't mind to lose a couple of minutes with me, I'm going to do something, not for you but for the United fans, because I think I owe myself to the United fans to share two minutes with you. In the 2016/17 season, Marcus Rashford played 32 Premier League matches, 11 Europa League matches, including the final, three FA Cup matches, six League Cup matches including the final and the Community Shield. He had 53 appearances, but if you want to take minutes played, he played 3,068 minutes and, if you want to divide that into 90 minutes of matches, he played 34.2 matches of 90 minutes in 2016/17.”

Remember, Rashford is banned
“Speaking about Marcus, I think I can expect that on Sunday I'm going to be highly criticised for not playing him because some of the boys are really obsessed with me and, I think, have a problem with some compulsive lies. So I can expect on Sunday, some of them will wake up in the morning and always the first thing that comes to their mind is Jose Mourinho.

“So I can imagine I'm going to be criticised for not playing Marcus, but it's not my fault. He is suspended, so probably we should remind them that he's suspended and cannot play. Performances with England, of course I am happy. He played well, he competed well, he scored and especially in a period where he comes with some sadness after his suspension. It was very good that he did that.”

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
That is a primo meltdown.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol I gave him the #10 what more do you want?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I wake up and think of Jose. :allears:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brony Car posted:

I wake up and think of Jose. :allears:

Thanks

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Thanks

Have you flown to SC yet

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
This is lovely stuff.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

"Facts". It's Facts - The Reboot.

He's done.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Won't they keep him until CL qualification is impossible which makes it easier to fire him or something?

Need him to stay there as long as possible and hopefully get some signings in in January.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Won't they keep him until CL qualification is impossible which makes it easier to fire him or something?

Need him to stay there as long as possible and hopefully get some signings in in January.

If they crash out of both domestic cups and the CL, and is not top 2 by Xmas he's probably done I'd say.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bundy posted:

"Facts". It's Facts - The Reboot.

He's done.

Rafa’s fact meltdown was great. Fact

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Rafa was right. It was all true.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
heh

https://twitter.com/RobDawsonESPN/status/1041039927692148736

:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Could be worse, could be Aubamayang prior to deciding he wanted to emulate a bearskin hat:
https://imgur.com/gallery/Gpr0aIv

wooger fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 15, 2018

• Locked thread