Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I tried to jail soda and was blocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
AA
Slamburger
Atomic Soda
Myself

This is it. Scum / 3p is withholding NK's so that's going to make Slam's ability borderline useless. I really don't know where to go at this point. I think it's either AA or AS at this point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I tried to jail soda and was blocked

Yep! I did what I said I was going to!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't think I can escape today unscathed with suspicion, but I am town.

If no one thinks it's a scum remaining and instead a 3p.... then congratulations sal. I should have seen it coming.

You're a joat and have more abilities than any other player.

I don't have arguments for the day other than

Joat mew is probably 3p and soda lurked.

I guess it could be slam as a final scum with some triggered kill, but at this point I'm clueless...

Sorry solus.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Jesus Christ why is this game still open, we are all comically bad at mafia slash good job to the final evildoer.

I just dunno, my effort has been low recently. I guess I would pick ... Sal at this point? Some kind of 3P JOAT. Nailed scum. Can't evolve (which is weird).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

Jesus Christ why is this game still open, we are all comically bad at mafia slash good job to the final evildoer.

I just dunno, my effort has been low recently. I guess I would pick ... Sal at this point? Some kind of 3P JOAT. Nailed scum. Can't evolve (which is weird).

I'm assuming Mew can't evolve. Mewtwo isn't an evolved form of Mew. Mewtwo is apparently some sort of genetic modification of Mewtwo. So I'm either Mew (yes) or Mewtwo (no). I've been honest and forthright about everything else this game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The only problem is that it makes sense that even as mew you might be the last non-town, but sodas lurking is almost unforgivable granted I love her and she's an outdoorsy kind and is away often BUT still

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning

The only problem is that it makes sense that even as mew you might be the last non-town, but sodas lurking is almost unforgivable granted I love her and she's an outdoorsy kind and is away often BUT still

aa what exactly are you trying to say here.
i am not the most prolific poster true, but i have not lurked the last few days don't tell me i'm unforgivable.

sorry solus, you were right and you told us so.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
slam any helpful info from your evolve?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm a gen 1 pokemon according to my detailed research (google)

you know on reflection i've never caught a pokemon irl, -sad

This

Atomic Soda posted:

what exactly bugs you about aa? the only reason i can think of for him to claim poison is to get the evolve, which is possible but pretty unlikely and very risky for scum. also i'm interested that you haven't claimed yourself yet given sal saw you visit aa.
Role distancing? Something else...

Atomic Soda posted:

aww shucks. aren't you more sure about yourself aa re: the evolve vote? why me?

what he said

:thunk:

Atomic Soda posted:

i am flabebe a poison doctor. sorry for lying to you about my gen aa, i saw poison was a later generation thing on the wiki and wanted to avoid early death given my role. if you lunch me for this i will understand but it was for a good reason and i saved your life. you better not be a sk :p

i visited dancer n1 and aa n2, i have not moved since ip died to avoid messing with results. i was hoping scum would target me for not claiming later on but obv not.

i can test the hider claim tonight if we want to hold off an asf lunch

i can visit e+ tonight if people wanted. i had intended to do this anyway before claiming, but with e+ dead i'll just say i can.

that said, is hider used as a scum role? i'd assume they would get a ninja instead but checking just in case.

Hmmm

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning

aa what exactly are you trying to say here.
i am not the most prolific poster true, but i have not lurked the last few days don't tell me i'm unforgivable.

sorry solus, you were right and you told us so.
Well... I'm questioning your motives as I should.

I think it has to be sal. Your biggest taboo was the gen lying and it's strange that you would thinking hiding your generation was important

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
questioning motives is fine but that post felt "oh well soda sucks and is a lurker", i've been working really hard to up my participation the last few days. maybe its just early and i'm grumpy, hrmf.

re: the generation thing, i googled aromatherapy and the second line on the wiki says its gen 3 it comes in, hence my gen 1 claim. the second post you quoted was me questioning icephoenix w/o giving the game away.

i'm still feeling most suss of aa. i do not like these posts after hammer yesterday

The plan. Powder soda block me

But hopefully gg

these look like someone who already knows the game won't be over and i'm itching to vote you.

the only problem with this is wtf happened with imgay n4.

- aa claimed the epsilon kill
- slam claimed powder and powdered me
- sal copped solus

where is the imgay kill? if epsilon killed imgay this could explain it but in my experience jailers are super high up for actions

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

questioning motives is fine but that post felt "oh well soda sucks and is a lurker", i've been working really hard to up my participation the last few days. maybe its just early and i'm grumpy, hrmf.

re: the generation thing, i googled aromatherapy and the second line on the wiki says its gen 3 it comes in, hence my gen 1 claim. the second post you quoted was me questioning icephoenix w/o giving the game away.

i'm still feeling most suss of aa. i do not like these posts after hammer yesterday

these look like someone who already knows the game won't be over and i'm itching to vote you.

the only problem with this is wtf happened with imgay n4.

- sal copped solus

where is the imgay kill? if epsilon killed imgay this could explain it but in my experience jailers are super high up for actions

Who else was alive?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol it has to be sal who killed imgay n4 unless Slam is scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If slam has been faking results... oh boy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer sept 17th posted:

So, here's a small and possibly indecent proposal.

Because magic, last night I have been made aware of the name of a specific move that exists in the game. I strongly believe that this move is held by a town player.

For all townies, I have this request: go to your move name, convert each letter to a number (a=1, b=2, c=3, etc), and calculate the average of those numbers.

If the result you get is exactly 13.5, odds are very good that I have been made aware of exactly your move. If you prove this to me somehow (e.g. By mentioning a few specific letters from the move name; you get to decide how sneaky you want to be; heck you might even be fine with the entire move name), I will confirm that you are, by my judgment, 99% likely to be town. It ends up kinda like a mason claim, basically.

It's also possible you want to just stay hidden. That's cool too.

Hm

Slamburger sept 19th posted:

I'm (probably) responsible for Toalpaz's death, and if it was me, Toalpaz was scum, or at least a killer of some sort.

I have the ability Dancer alluded to yesterday, Powder. If the player I target tries to kill someone, they die. I targeted Toalpaz.

Other info from my previous nights:

N1 SolusLunes. Succeeded but nothing happened so Solus didn't kill anyone N1
N2 DickB
Hm

Dancer posted:

Can confirm the ability, but it was me who blew up Toalpaz (as well).
Hm
quote="SalTheBard" post="488099764"]
I think it's probably safe to assume Toalpaz is scum then? I couldn't see town having a juggernaut/janitor vig.
[/quote]
How did you understand this as dancer used toals move on themselves...?

Dancer posted:

I mean, Judgement was just drawn from the big pool of actions. This is how Metronome has worked the entire game. It says nothing about his allignment.

But yes, I do think he's reasonably likely to be scum. I wouldn't have targetted him otherwise.
Hmm

Slamburger posted:

I evolved and gained something that I won't be claiming. I can't evolve again.

What did you gain? Its lylo no secrets now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Its slam or sal. Slam explain your evolution.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Its slam or sal. Slam explain your evolution.

I'm not going to explain it. The last person is withholding their kill so they are obviously concerned about blowing themselves up. Its not LYLO yet. If we lynch Sal (and miss again LOL) and its you me and Soda and you/Soda withhold again, its 3-man LYLO tomorrow. Maybe I can target both of you tonight.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol. I think it's Aa.

##vote AA

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
occams razor says sal but i like aa's posting less. with imgay being a janitor kill i'm wondering if it could still be aa somehow

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
goddammit

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Also Sal's claimed 1-shot cop would have been the only cop action in the game right?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

Also Sal's claimed 1-shot cop would have been the only cop action in the game right?

We don't know about the Janitored flips but as it stands that is correct

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

occams razor says sal but i like aa's posting less. with imgay being a janitor kill i'm wondering if it could still be aa somehow

Only I jailed someone that night remember

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Slam no reason to withhold

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Only I jailed someone that night remember

Atomic Soda posted:

- sal copped solus

i remember, you were evolved that night though and i've seen sks with multiple abilities before

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

i remember, you were evolved that night though and i've seen sks with multiple abilities before

Nah. If that was the case I'd already have won lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nah. If that was the case I'd already have won lol

Like if I was sk or an sk with multiple kills you think I wouldnt be murdering lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
There's no one to track or watch. I'd have been getting silly with it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I certainly would not have openly claimed kills either.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Like if I was sk or an sk with multiple kills you think I wouldnt be murdering lol

this keeps dragging me back, for all its "i wouldn't do this if i were scum" only one night of two kills seems low. that said slams claim may have something to do with it.

i talking in circles now lol i need to sleeep

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
*runs into thread pulling up pants* i'm here i'm here!

oh...

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
its quiet. too quiet...

##vote sal

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i had less than 6 hours sleep last night. some people i know can survive on less than that but not me. my face is greasy and my eyes sunk in my head. if i could describe my existence in one word at the moment, that word would be bleary.

still i sign up for mafia games, depriving myself of sleep and torturing myself with a million different scenarios. it affects my ability to trust anyone including myself. it gives me rsi and shits in whats left of my soul. curse this game and my constant need to prove i'm smart. so far this theory has been contradicted constantly by my actions and decisions, but still i feel the need to try.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
less than 10 mins

if we can't lunch and scum too cowardly to kill, this game could go on forever, and ever and ever and ever and ever

mafia hell

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote sal

Sorry didn't realize deadline was tonight. Yami please take pity on thisnscrub

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for SalTheBard.

Votecount for Day 7

SalTheBard (3): Slamburger, Atomic Soda, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (1): SalTheBard

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 29th, 2018 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I'm going to ask everyone since it feels like people think this game is dragging on:

Do people still want to accept this hammer or have the no lynch?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol I don't want to accept the hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Accept hammer please, sorry Sal

• Locked thread