Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hi I have played every single Pokemon game and spin off except detective Pikachu. I sign up for this game while hoping it take multiple days to start. Four to be precise. please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Dancer posted:

Since Yami is still sleeping, we should do a pact: No lynch and no night actions D1 and N1. Who's in?

Oh yes I will agree to this. No probs.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hello everyone!!!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Mr. Humalong posted:

The what now?

Hariyama, the Arm Thrust Pokemon.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
He evolves from a little dude named Makuhita, The Guts Pokemon (not the intestines kind of guts).

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I agree

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Jesus, actually this game is gonna be hard to play because now I'm sitting here like "I wonder if that was metronome the item or metronome the move?? Oohh if it's the move that's a short list of Pokemon!!"

But like... This is not useful in anyway.

Anyway please evolve me because my birthday is in six days and I know the most about Pokemon so I will absolutely still be in the game then.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

Jesus, actually this game is gonna be hard to play because now I'm sitting here like "I wonder if that was metronome the item or metronome the move?? Oohh if it's the move that's a short list of Pokemon dancer could be!!"

But like... This is not useful in anyway.

Anyway please evolve me because my birthday is in six days and I know the most about Pokemon so I will absolutely still be in the game then.

Mafia edit for clarity

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hahahaha amazing, I love this game. Dancer, would you feel comfortable telling me if you can evolve?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Yea sure, let's all have a good time.

##evolve IcePheonix

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

b-minus1 posted:

Why would you think Metronome could have been a day vig? Lmao that’s not what the move does. Source: have first edition holographic clefairy pokemon card.

I've not finished catching up but what? Metronome, the move, can do any possible offensive or status move in the game save for a very small number of weird corner case moves.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Attributing intent to the outcome of metronome is super loving weird. It could do any day action including ones made up by Yami for this game so there isn't any way to even know the probability of it being bad or good for town. I would also have used it D1.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Imo it clearly sounds legit Dancer meant "well if it comes up as cop then it would be better to be able to pick someone based on suspicions instead of at random, but since it's not garunteed to be cop may as well have fun and use it ASAP #YoLo #Blessed"

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

Imo it clearly sounds likeDancer meant "well if it comes up as cop then it would be better to be able to pick someone based on suspicions instead of at random, but since it's not garunteed to be cop may as well have fun and use it ASAP #YoLo #Blessed"

Phone posting mafia edit combo. And I'm gonna be phone posting exclusively for this game. :banjo:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

b-minus1 posted:

This game already owns

:same:

I'm prepared for this to be the game that makes me actually enjoy forums mafia again.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
The games I bet lol

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:kiddo: aw Giovanni was a good guy all this time.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

SolusLunes posted:

What gives you the idea that there are evil trainers, out of curiosity?

Actually hold on, I want to revise my original hot take on this post because on a reread it seems silly/aggressive for no reason.

What I'm now reading this post as: All flavor present in the thread from the mod mentions this being a pokemon village full of pokemon. (The image in the OP is from Pokemon dungeon iirc) Why would you assume there are trainers?

Point: yeah, in the PMD games there are no people. And based on my role PM it doesn't specify species of bad guys/scum.

Extremely bad counterpoint: in the PMD games there are allusions to the existence of Pokemon trainers, just they are not present in these villages under normal circumstances.

I don't think saying "evil trainer" is a 100% scum slip, but I now understand your suspicions. Sorry!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
^^
"it seems silly/aggressive for no reason." Referring to my own hot take.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Because Pokemon games have items that trainers use, such as z-crystals(make Pokemon's moves stronger), held items(have ongoing effects when Pokemon use moves) and also have professionals who specializes in effecting/modifying/protecting Pokemon(Nurse Joys,PC creators, Move Tutors).

...God I really want to mod a Pokemon themed game.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm not saying there are trainers, just that there's so many possibilities that its not worth saying if there are or are not at this point, but it should be something to be aware of later since this is role madness

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Yami Fenrir What's the current vote count on IcePheonix's beautiful rebirth?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

SalTheBard posted:

My experience with Pokemon has been the anime.
The anime is not accurate to the games in any situation that would just make for better kids TV, so it contradicts the games in many ways.

SalTheBard posted:

Is Pokemon dungeon like Final Fantasy meets Pokemon type RPG?
More like FF Tactics, but yea. Grid based combat but follows a lot of the same rules of the main games besides setting.

SalTheBard posted:

My question was genuine, are there "evil" or "bad" Pokemon or are Pokemon a product of their trainer? I really don't know much about the "lore" of Pokemon.

That's a tough question, but I will answer it because I think Pokemon is a fun universe to think about, not because I think the following wall of text will help find scum in this game. Some Pokemon by nature have goals that are counter to what a person wants. (Example: Hypno's Pokedex entry says it puts people to sleep and eats their dreams. Gengar's says he waits in people's shadows for opportunities to kill them.) But most people(in the Pokemon world) wouldn't call those Pokemon "evil" the same way no one really thinks Jellyfish are "evil" when they kill people. It just gets weird as hell when these Jellyfish are able to walk on land, control vast amounts of water, and the ability to poison people at range. They make good tools for Evil people and in my interpretation in the Pokemon world people can use Pokemon as tools of evil, but those Pokemon aren't inherently evil.

That all said, it's kind of a moot point. In the mystery dungeon games there ARE evil pokemon. In the games Pokemon at worst are mischievous or deadly by nature, but the bad guys are the true evil.

Also Google Drifloon :allears:.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

That's a tough question, but I will answer it because I think Pokemon is a fun universe to think about, not because I think the following wall of text will help find scum in this game.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:psypop:

How did I miss that reply? I'm not gonna vote immediately because I'm about to go to dinner and I reallllllly want to see Toalpaz reply, but I doubt there's anything he(?) could say to not make that ultra-susp

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

imgay posted:

Let's all claim our Pokemon! I'll start, I'm the fire type Agumon.

I can't remember the name of Izzy's "Pokemon" but that's me.

Not flavor claiming is so hard because I love any excuse to talk about Pokemon but I will RESIST.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Toalpaz posted:

Hi my answer is last game they had scum that were 'shadow aligned' so I was joking I was light aligned. Thanks for coming to my ted talk!

That... Makes a lot of sense actually. Glad I didn't vote u.

Bye I can't be drunk posting and it's my friend's birthday. But I was keeping an eye out for this before things went back. See ya during my work day tomorrow if i have enough bad meetings :3:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have a better reason, but I'm saving it.

:allears:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I wish I was, dogg

this is white-noise feel-good fluffy-butt posting and I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS IMPUDENCE IN MYYYYY! HOOOOUSE!

##vote GenericGirlName

JOKEPHASE IS DEAD. LONG LIVE SCUMHUNTING!

Hahahaha or is it bc I straight up said I'd be drunk posting if I responded to anyone? Lol. STRONG POST I loving guess. Deffo based on multiple posts that describe a problematic narrative. Thanks for ur scum hunting input!

Epsilon Plus praise be the gods of mafia.

((My roommate thanks u all for the birthday wishes, wherever it applied. I want to mention this bc previously she has had a bad time with birthdays(much like me. Which means every birthday before being like 20 lol) and I think it's worth mentioning that she replied positively to these. She too is a fan of the POGEYMANZ))

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm glad I hosed up but let me fix it

##vote epsilon plus ugh

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm glad that literally took 8 tries to post. See ya

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Pokemon change type after evolution and alignment changes are not a part of this game.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Epsilon Plus posted:

your alcohol consumption reveals your true scum-like nature

your inhibitions are lowered

your stench is in the air

This is a nasty post.

Re: the kingler post;
Crawdaunt(sp? Lol) is better but... <Cookie cookie>

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Toalpaz posted:

I don't want to worry about flavour, I don't think it will matter.

In the TCG Pokemon of all types could become 'Dark' pokemon to represent particularly malicious or cruel pokemon, ususally owned by cruel trainers. Thus any pokemon could be 'Dark', I think this carried on after the release of actual dark types.

In Pokemon Gale of Darkness (the gamecube game) you had to kidnap 'shadow' (or was it dark?) pokemon of all types from trainers. Shadow pokemon... I'm not sure why they were the way they were but basically they were weird and bad and you had to love em to make them normal.

Basically it looks like any pokemon type could be scum imo.

Gale was referring to "shadow" not dark, but everything else you said as basically true, iirc? Shadow Pokemon were corrupted by "bad guys"???? I have played this game but never beat it :/

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

imgay posted:

You can't be racist in pokemon, like everyone white, all possible black people are just canonically tanned.

As an African American: :negative: I wish I don't like Pokemon.god loving Christ is it so hard to have my skin color in a loving video game with in engine cut scenes??? gently caress

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Toalpaz posted:

I appreciate your love of Crawdaunt but that's a lobster, and Epsilon Plus has a crab avatar.

Crawdaunt is The Rogue Pokemon and I never really connected it's lobster-ness with it NOT being a crab obvious now, but as a person who loves both crabs and lobsters, it never mattered. I will cherish either.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

imgay posted:

Japanese culture is very insular, they don't even realize its an issue.

Japanese culture is why I, a full weeb in highschool, still knew I couldn't ever visit there bc I knew from Chinese and Korean high school friends how turbo racist all of Asia is abt black people :(. loving sucks!!!!!!!!!! (These were friends who liked me and warned me away :///. At first I thought "they have good reason to hate Japan"(true) but they're still not wrong about this specific thing :suicide:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Anyway; bye until atleast 10 hours from now!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm supposed to be alseep but my turbo poke nerd mind needs to scream (YOU FORGOT ABOUT TOGEPI/TOGETIC/TOGEKISS)!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I didnt get to read during work but oh boy here we go.

Dancer posted:

I dunno why other people are voting for you, but the idea that "she's covering for you" hadn't even crossed my mind. The idea that did is:

"How did I miss that reply?"

Vs.

"But I was keeping an eye out for this"

is inconsistent. I mean, she was drunk, who tf knows, but it's also D1.

You've taken the second quote out of context. I meant "I was keeping an eye out for your reply", which is in line with the previous post when I said "I won't vote until I see the reasoning behind this post.

• Locked thread