Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I will be a pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

I refuse to acknowledge the pokemon "anime", so no, not anime, just videogame.

Why do you have "anime" in "quotation marks" that poo poo is anime as hell and also the best thing the series has created

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

I am talking about the cartoon, I suppose. The mainstream thing with Ash, aka garbage. Red and friends are a-ok.

Yes the mainstream TV show, which is an anime, and incredibly good. Or at least for the first couple seasons.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SolusLunes posted:

I have learned that day one shitposting seems to get you lynched

that's not going to stop me, though, of course

otoh not day1 shitposting will also get you lynched

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dancer posted:

Hi, we haven't met yet, let's get acquainted.

##Metronome

Oh god

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

Jokes on me and I can't read

##vote A Sometimes Food

You should have known something was off when you saw someone playing with us was only a sometimes fool

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm looking forward to it

Unless it kills me, in which case it was an incredibly bad mechanic

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Guys it's my birthday today so you should vote for me to evolve imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Humalong posted:

Boy I bet the wind was really taken out of your sails 17 years ago.

Yeah but my Uncle's birthday was yesterday so it could be worse

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

Dancer swallows someone whole. Hot drat!

Nani the gently caress

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SolusLunes posted:

Fine. I can do this. (provided there are enough votes, of course)

##evolve SolusLunes

I CAN OUT EAT ANYONE (but have no actual actions for it)

wow voting for yourself on my birthday v selfish

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SolusLunes posted:

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT

WELL TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME

##evolve IcePhoenix

:toot:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You guys are the best :shobon:

Toalpaz posted:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

##evolve Icephoenix

Wouldn't it be funny if you were Articuno or something.

it would be a dream but I still got one of my favorites

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IllegallySober posted:

I'm not really a fan of picking IP to evolve while we're still in jokephase, but happy birthday anyway :)

TBF without claims (do not) it's just as much of a crapshoot as a D1 lynch so why not give it to someone for a cool reason :shrug:

But thank you for the birthday wishes :toot:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote IP

You just had to kill joke phase.

You can't ask for a birthday evolution and then play the obvious town denial card.

Just take the gift. Who are you trying to convince...?

Rude AF

And I'm obviously trying to convince Sober, as you can see by his post that I quoted in my response.

I feel like this is a hamfisted attempt to start a train tbh. Claiming death of jokephase for a post that's still pretty non-serious and fun, smh.

If anyone killed jokephase it's you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

So what does Metronome actually do? From what I can tell it appears to be some kind of "move copy".

In the video games Metronome randomly does literally any move in the game.

I would have 100% started the day with it if I had it so I support Dancer lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

This game already owns

Yami games are the best games

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GenericGirlName posted:

That... Makes a lot of sense actually. Glad I didn't vote u.

Bye I can't be drunk posting and it's my friend's birthday. But I was keeping an eye out for this before things went back. See ya during my work day tomorrow if i have enough bad meetings :3:

GGN please tell your friend they have an incredibly good birthday for incredibly cool people

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

scummy posts + light alignment. i didn't expect toalpaz to say that the light alignment was a reference to the shadow alignment from the fifth element game. i thought it could be another "town" alignment similar to icephoenix's recent game (prey I think) where there were two "town factions". so i believe toalpaz's explanation but im not gonna unvote because im still getting scummy vibes from their posts.

Persona 5, Prey was Yami

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

I just want to chime in and say that B- regularly reports a scummy read off of me early because of my general demeanor.

Huh? Isn't this your second game? How can anyone have a "regular" read of you at this point?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

I'd like to think that if I was scum they'd coach me better imo

This is true but also I've seen plenty of games where people :justpost: and then when reading back through end of game scumchat (or seeing it in the moment as an observer) their team is like "dude what the hell?"

b-minus1 posted:

Actually, where is everyone? idgi

Sorry, I'm here. Ate something that's not agreeing with me so I'm following along but I feel like just posting to agree with points isn't super constructive.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm actually sad :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

well it's not your birthday today

If you give someone a gift do you normally take it away the next day?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

##vote IcePhoenix

I'm voting based on Dancer's case that the evolve vote was going too well.

I think that if IcePhoenix flips scum SolusLunes looks scummy.

Other then that? Yeah I dunno.

I had like eight votes in half an hour. You're delusional if you think any scum team would run a train like that. It was just people that wanted me to have a cool birthday gift and then wanted to rip it away from me so they could laugh at me like they just popped a child's balloon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Guys the vote to evolve dancer happened in the space of like 15 minutes clearly the people that voted for him so quickly are scum and being led by dancer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GenericGirlName posted:

Can someone post the post count? I don't think I can see that on mobile :ohdear:

Everyone is fine

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dancer posted:

Slam very clearly is not dude.

oh jesus I completely forgot he was in this game LOL

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dick Bastardly posted:

i thought no-lunching is anti-town

I think you can argue both ways. I've always felt that no-lunching on day1 is at worst neutral, though many people disagree with me there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IllegallySober posted:

Looks like deadline for D2 is Sunday evening. I'll be periodically gone until Saturday evening working football games but will check in as possible throughout. I should be around all of Sunday, though, in-between watching football games.

I think it's monday morning, which is good because I will probably be busy this weekend but should have time sunday night before bed and also monday morning to dig in

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That is an incredibly fast turnaround between "I'm voting this way because of yesterday" and just flat out "well he did this" by Sal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

I suppose I could ignore my night result on you

Why even post the first part then? Who are you trying to justify your night result to with that? It feels like someone trying to overexplain their vote near the end of a day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IllegallySober posted:

When does the evolution kick in? Night phase or the following day?

Either way I'm not sure the claimed poisoned person is the best use of this.

Yami ended the day by saying Dancer had evolved so I think it kicks in before night phase.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sounds like he didn't want to reveal his role imo.

So then he immediately reveals it after one post questioning it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

I probably should've just posted a case about IP instead of revealing that I saw something last night, however AA voting for me kind of threw a wrench in that. I wanted to nip that in the bud.

Feels more like you wanted to make a low effort train and hopefully draw out a counterclaim tbh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Draw out a tracker counterclaim at the cost of self sacrifice. You are obviously caught scum

I'm not the one trying to draw out claims.

Also you've mentioned tracker twice even though sal never said he tracked me.

:thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You can't even deny visiting me. You just say Sal had to be lying lol. Let's not turbo this scumbo. Let's make connections. K have a strong gut feel on sober as previously stated.

Denying visiting you doesn't help us move forward. Breaking holes in your claims without the need for others to claim does.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

I either tracked you or watched AA :thunk:

One of these wouldn't show anyone else who may have visited :thunk:

Anyway I'm out with friends for the night but I'm not a fan of the sal/aa combo with more holes than swiss cheese

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

Lol. IP who are your scumbros?

This is oddly hostile and out of nowhere given the recent posts I've been catching up on having nothing to do with me.

Anyways, hi hello I'm just gonna make a quick post because you've all made up your minds since I got to teach myself the lesson of "don't phone post when you're in a hurry"

Someone mentioned that I should have been questioning alternate reasons for Sal's read on me as a defense and that's basically what I was trying to do. Sal wouldn't say whether he tracked or watched me, but AA kept saying that Sal had tracked me, which is what I ended up tunneling on in my rush when I should have just waited until I could look the whole thing over like I normally do. Because if Sal tracked me then that would mean that he wouldn't have seen anyone else that could have visited me, and I sort of downward spiraled from there because I thought their posting was too coordinated for some reason.

Anyway, good luck y'all! I'm gonna enjoy my deadness and play a bunch of spidercop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slamburger posted:

Yeah I mean you can mod your game however you want and resolve actions in whatever arbitrary way you want, but I wouldn't have ever resolved actions that way and I doubt many other mods would either.

If ASoda jailed/killed imgay the night I powdered her, I'm just going to revise it in my mind that the game ended that night in a town victory.

look at the bright side, you didn't have a power that was announced to the target and could be completely negated by several different people!

• Locked thread